NEurope
Retro_Link

Formula 1 2013

Hah what the hell is with the last gif? did he genuinely not move the sign?

Hah what the hell is with the last gif? did he genuinely not move the sign?
:D Nope, just let it hit him smack in the face as though that would stop him! :p

I really hope this is as good as it could be. Vehicle movies are Ron Howard's spiritual mantle and the 60s/70s period is his bread and butter. I am looking forward to this just so much I hope I'm not disappointed. Looks fantastic.

Hmm so what are we all making of this qualifying malarkey then?

I actually enjoyed Qually today... but I also think that was partly because Vettel wasn't really involved with it :p Was nice to have Kimi, Lewis, Fernando up there!

But it's an absolute joke for people who've bought tickets for Qualifying, F1 isn't cheap and all they get is 10mins of Q1 and 3mins of Q1!

Always thought the Mercs looked set for pole today so no surprise really, but strong lap from Lewis!

So pleased to see Kimi also put in such a quick lap too! :D

The Ferrari's are damn fast starters however so I wouldn't be surprised if Nando has a chance at leading into Turn1 and the likes of Rosberg/Massa also fighting for the front down the LONG back straight too!

Gonna be a fascinating race! Personally I hope the likes of Vettel and Button don't feature a great deal on their alternate strategy and leave it to Kimi, Lewis and Alonso.

Oh and crap for Webber!

Nice one by Ricciardo too!

so bummed about webber, but I love the way he held himself in the interview afterwards. Guy can't take a trick at the moment. Good to see vettel fuck it, and put a nice flat spot on his mediums for tomorrow.

tumblr_ml6nqhtsOn1r1vgb3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_ml6nqhtsOn1r1vgb3o2_500.jpg

Anyway, looks all set for a grand race tomorrow. I hope Lewis can do it but I think Kimi in the tyre-friendly Lotus must be the favourite.

Lewis is so funny in that first pic! :p

I hope you're right @gaggle64, but I'm pretty sure Kimi will at least get passed by Alonso off the line and gotta by fearful of Nico/Massa too!

Here's to a great race, I'm hoping Kimi can pull off another magic one!

Also...

Check out Kimi off camera at China last year (with bosses Eric Boullier, Gerard Lopez) :D

http://t.co/JONJ7KbD0z

Edited by Retro_Link

Sucks that I have to miss the live airing of the race, but I need the extra hours from work. Hoping to watch the re-run in the afternoon. Gotta avoid the sports websites when I get back, never easy for me.

Very excited for tomorrow! Have a feeling it's going to be an absolute cracker particularly with Vettel and Button starting on the mediums.

Hoping for Alonso to make a place into turn 1 and an epic fight between Lewis, kimi, Alonso and Seb throughout the race.

A bit gutted for Rosberg, Lewis really is a beast.

A much better race indeed, more enjoyable to watch. Full opinion coming later.

Once again we seem to be off to a great season start. Really mixed up set of results again which I think is nice. Very happy to see Alonso win, hopefully he can keep it up all season.

Right now it's really frustrating that Alonso pit or that Ferrari took the risk of not pitting him in Malaysia. If he'd picked up a few points there, the title would look even more exciting.

But still it does look rather interesting so far, great to see Kimi, Fernando & Hamilton all picking up 2 podiums so far.

Unbelievable how different the Ferrari's look this year compared to last season, same can be said for McLaren, how can they have the fastest car one year, then what looks like mid points scoring car the next.

Fair play to them in China though, Button picking up some useful points for them. Could be a bad season though,

Right now it's really frustrating that Alonso pit or that Ferrari took the risk of not pitting him in Malaysia. If he'd picked up a few points there, the title would look even more exciting.

But still it does look rather interesting so far, great to see Kimi, Fernando & Hamilton all picking up 2 podiums so far.

Unbelievable how different the Ferrari's look this year compared to last season, same can be said for McLaren, how can they have the fastest car one year, then what looks like mid points scoring car the next.

Fair play to them in China though, Button picking up some useful points for them. Could be a bad season though,

Yeah if Nando pitted in Malaysia he would've easily got a podium :(

So happy to see him win though and it was a typical Alonso win; he was given a sniff of a win and he took it! It's been years since Ferrari won a race over a completely dry weekend so I couldn't be happier!

Bring on Bahrain!

It's one of those massive calls though.. if kimi pitted to fix his nose, he wouldn't have got a podium. Obviously Alonso's was substantially worse off in malaysia.. but you can see why they took the gamble.

Poor webber... when is he going to get some luck -.- I was praying that that wheel would take Vettel out... But i must say Vettel's finish was very, very impressive.

Huh. Tomorrow could be a half decent race again? Maybe? At Bahrain? If the country doesn't catch fire again or have to murderise it's own citizens in the middle of it of course.

*puke*

besides the podium, it was a super enjoyable race to watch :) brilliant racetrack really.

Just pretend Vettel wasn't in that race and it was highly enjoyble. Lotus did very well to finish double podium. Unlucky for the Ferraris. What was up with Massa's rear tyre?

Honestly shaping up to be a great season, but just wish Redbull, or in particular Vettel wasn't so damn dominant. It could end up being another run away Seb lead and battle of best of the rest.

Such a typical Vettel race - cruising away with everything interesting happening half a mile behind. Lewis did well for fifth, gutted Paul couldn't get his first podium but 4th nothing to snark at. Perez seemed to determined to get himself & Jenson killed, I still like him but he needs to get himself better settled than that.

Perez seemed to determined to get himself & Jenson killed, I still like him but he needs to get himself better settled than that.

You can understand that he wanted to battle Button for a sort reminder to the team and to Button that he is a good driver, and was recruited for a reason, but that was too much, could of cost McLaren some very valuable points.

As you said as-well, all the interesting racing and battling came behind Vettel. Was really great seeing Mercedes, Lotus, Ferrari and McLaren all battling for positions each lap. Great racing.

The real race occured well behind Vettel, i pretended he wasn't there (and so did the commentary team in the end), they just seemed to acknowledge his pits and how far ahead he was of everyone else.

Excellent podium result for Lotus though, the banter between the McLarens was interesting. First race i've watched Live this season, so managed to watch some through Kimi's car via the red button.

Randomly.... I have Sky Sports F1 HD..... I didn't have it last season. I'm confused, but also pretty happy.

Randomly.... I have Sky Sports F1 HD..... I didn't have it last season. I'm confused, but also pretty happy.

I wouldn't complain, it's got excellent F1 coverage indeed.

I hate so much that I can only watch half the races live!

It's so unfair making people have to pay... especially the UK, the home of #F1 and motorsport! Whilst others all around the world can just watch as normal!

---

The race was a very good one!

So pleased Lotus got both cars on the podium! Kimi made the 2 stop look easy and Romain raced really well to 3rd!

2nd in the WDC!... and 2nd in the WCC for the moment at least!

There was some really great racing from the 1st corner right the way through to the second DRS zone, a really big zone where plenty of action took place! :D

I think Perez looked like he had by far the faster of the two McLaren's, they should just let him through and it would have saved Jenson having to pit again too! However it did lead to some very entertaining albeit scrappy racing.

I lol'd at Jenson coming on the radio asking them to tell Sergio to back off... afraid of being found out Jenson? :p

Lewis raced that Mercedes really well to get 5th! I bet Rosberg can even begin to understand how he started on pole but ending up 9th behind his team mate! His tyre ware was so bad!

Really looking forward to the Spanish GP now, if last year is any indication to go by it could be extremely close! And it wasn't one of Red Bulls best last year and I'm not sure they were completely confident there in testing this year were they? Can't remember where Seb started last year, but he wasn't on the first 2 rows and didn't get on the podium so fingers crossed he drops a few points here!

Here's hoping Kimi and Lotus can gain in both championships!