NEurope
Retro_Link

Formula 1 2013

Kimi's still jumping all the 'fences'! :D

I love this pic! :awesome:

BF9ylBsCEAEOVQD.jpg:large

Edited by Retro_Link

Fuck you Rosberg..... Fuuuuuuuuuuck you!

Well we should be in for an interesting race anyway, Alonso's to loose I think, car looks good in both wet and dry!

I hope Kimi can fight from 10th but it's gonna be tough. I have faith! He's done it before.

I don't know why they hold the race at this time. They say it's for European audiences, but I'm sure everyone would rather get up two hours earlier, if they're getting up early anyway, and be guaranteed a race, instead of one that's interrupted/delayed/red flagged due to rain. And lets be honest, they know it's going to, it has done every year since they moved it! :p

That was a really fascinating quali, Red Bulls looks good in the wet but in the dry their heavy downforce isn't so great on the tyres. Sutil looking quick again and the McLarens seems to have already made some pace progress though still behind. Bad luck for Kimi but he can still win from 10th. Still not sure exactly where the Mercs are but they can definitely gun for podiums at the very least.

Also Kimi's interview with Suzi made me laugh out loud. Poor Suzi.

Edited by gaggle64

I've developed a real disliking for Red Bull. Been in the sport a few years and think they own it.

And treating Webber like this... was the closest I've ever seen him to tears talking to Lee today! I hope he follows his mechanic to Lotus at the end of the year; he's already spent one year to many in RBR.

And Merc were an absolute joke. Find don't ask Nico to race Lewis, but ask Lewis to move safely over for him on the straight. Welcome to Marks world Nico.

That podium was almost as big a joke as Austria 2002.

#Awkward is right.

Alonso/Ferrari also made a crazy decision driving past the pits, I just knew it was going to end that way before lap 2 was over, and in fact it only took a couple hundred meters.

And Lotus still aren't great in the wet.

All round that was a crazy, but unenjoyably grand prix tbh. Even if I were a RBR/Merc fan I wouldn't be happy.

I'm honestly not entirely sure what to think - we've had the entire team orders debate play out over a few laps, one with a driver that disobeyed orders and one with a pair that did. If one agrees (as many do) that Nico should've been allowed to get by then, on the face of it, it seems one can't also be angry at Seb blasting past Webber against orders (as many are). Should we expect drivers to follow orders even if we and they don't agree with them? I honestly don't know.

Controversy aside I thought it was a decent race albeit with various frustrations for Force India, McLaren, and Lotus. I'm looking forward to another taut race in China - hopefully without the after-taste. Even Suzi & DC seemed ready to go at each other's throats afterwards.

Edited by gaggle64

tumblr_mk5uenNcy91rr44fro1_500.png

iCxvu5em3kzMM.gif

AU6g7s3.png

My fave though -

ibfp859MuQ3JgO.gif

so it's obvioius that there is a 1-2 at Mercedes too? I see no harm whatsoever in letting Rosberg pass Hamilton to get the podium. He was quicker because Hamilton was in fuel save mode, but still they would end up with 3rd/4th anyways.

love Rosberg's comment as he gets out of the car.

One of the best uses of team radio in race, Kimi, Nico, Seb, Mark.... all fantastic!

oh and the race wasnt bad either

Can't remember exactly dude, along the lines of "Remember this next time". Something like that.

Ah ok.

Few Things... :D

tumblr_mk5zdiG9wB1r8kneko1_500.jpg

tumblr_mk5w9jud6f1qfj1z3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mk69zbAsjU1r8kneko1_500.jpg

tumblr_mk6bhjdTdn1r8kneko1_500.png

tumblr_mk6ddqmjoj1r8kneko1_500.png

One multi21 per day keeps Dr Helmut Marko away…

tumblr_mk6d2fC0zW1r8kneko1_500.png

I love all this talk about what Red Bull are going to do about it

They'll do absolutely nothing. Vettel is money in the bank for them, he's going nowhere and nothing will happen that will affect his status with the team.

He is a little shit though.

As for Rosberg, wise up kid. There's a reason they got Lewis Hamilton. Rosberg is a better Kovelainen, he's not a no 1 driver for a top team.

Well, that was an interesting race to say the least. What the heck was Vettel thinking with that overtake, no wonder Webber was pretty pissed at the end. But he has a World Title to defend, so i guess he thought he was doing right. Only time will tell.

I was kind of expecting Red Bull to win, but a 1-2 formation at the end was a little unexpected. Maybe i was hoping too much for Kimi to come 2nd. And as for Rosberg, i can understand why he was miffed as well, i think he had more fuel than Hamilton so could have done the overtake and come 3rd.

Still, was interesting to say the least. 2 races down, bring on China on the 14th April. I'm really getting into F1 this season, compared to last year.

Edited by Jimbob

so it's obvioius that there is a 1-2 at Mercedes too? I see no harm whatsoever in letting Rosberg pass Hamilton to get the podium. He was quicker because Hamilton was in fuel save mode, but still they would end up with 3rd/4th anyways.

love Rosberg's comment as he gets out of the car.

One of the best uses of team radio in race, Kimi, Nico, Seb, Mark.... all fantastic!

oh and the race wasnt bad either

I'm not so sure that there's a 1-2 at Mercedes... I think it was more a case of protecting what they had. Hamilton could have gone a lot harder as well, he did have the faster car throughout the day.

It's exactly what should have happened at the front. Webber clocked everything down, Sebastian didn't... Honestly it's the most dog act I've ever seen in motorsport, and I'm not just saying this because I'm a massive Webber fanboy.. Vettel would never have even got in a position to overtake had Webber not followed the game plan... I had little respect for Vettel in the first place, and now I have absolutely none. Fucking child.

The Mercedes team orders were very different IMO. If that was the max Lewis could do due to fuel saving (since about halfway through the race) then honestly where if the harm in just releasing Rosberg?... ok so with a few laps from the end Rosberg might have to have gone into fuel saving himself, but as least give him a shot! I thought it was a joke personally.

Jake Humphreys also tweeted saying...

Jake Humphrey ‏@mrjakehumphrey

I think we also all now know that 'multi 21' means don't overtake your teammate. Today I've lost so much respect for Seb Vettel. #naughty

And what a difference a week makes in F1. Last week we saw two great world champions in Kimi and Fernando fighting for the win, and I think pretty much everyone no matter who you support, was pleased to see Kimi and Lotus win.

This week RBR has been pissing everyone off by crying and calling foul... wanting the 2012 tyres back, Lotus must have an unfair advantage, blah blah. Showing no respect for teams who've done a better job than them (despite having been around longer than them and having a wealth of talent and knowledge of their own)... and then we have that joke of a podium.

Bad week of PR for Red Bull, and tbh, may it continue! :p

The Mercedes team orders were very different IMO. If that was the max Lewis could do due to fuel saving (since about halfway through the race) then honestly where if the harm in just releasing Rosberg?... ok so with a few laps from the end Rosberg might have to have gone into fuel saving himself, but as least give him a shot! I thought it was a joke personally.

Jake Humphreys also tweeted saying...

And what a difference a week makes in F1. Last week we saw two great world champions in Kimi and Fernando fighting for the win, and I think pretty much everyone no matter who you support, was pleased to see Kimi and Lotus win.

This week RBR has been pissing everyone off by crying and calling foul... wanting the 2012 tyres back, Lotus must have an unfair advantage, blah blah. Showing no respect for teams who've done a better job than them (despite having been around longer than them and having a wealth of talent and knowledge of their own)... and then we have that joke of a podium.

Bad week of PR for Red Bull, and tbh, may it continue! :p

I've never understood the love for Kimi, I fucking detest him. He genuinely looks like he doesn't give a fuck. I know the Scandinavians are a little less prone to showing emotion but I've never seen one who looks so uninterested. I also don't find his brand of dry humour at all funny.

Not a massive fan of Vettel and it's hard to argue with his record but I'd love to see how he would have done had him and Hamilton's positions been reversed for the past few years. How much was it Vettel winning those championships and not the car. I've seen so many amazing drives from the likes of Button, Hamilton and Alonso where they've been fighting a dodgy car or bad luck. Can't say the same for Vettel.

Edited by Jon

I see Vettel has "apologised" to Webber about yesterday's events. The whole result reaked of Austria 2002, which i thought was sorted out and that it wouldn't happen again.

The thing that bugs me the most about the Mercedes thing is that Hamilton was in fuel saving mode. Now, I get that they often under fill the tanks in the cars slightly and go into that mode near the end of the race to save the engines, etc. but, and this is something that they mentioned on the BBC's coverage, why was he in fuel saving mode for so long when you consider they started the race on intermediates and would therefore have used less fuel in the opening laps? Surely what he saved there should have gotten him to the race without the need to go into fuel saving mode and if not, they must have seriously under filled the car.

Either way, I do think Rosberg should have been allowed through. Think he'd have been able to at least close up on Webber (probably wouldn't have been able to get the pass). I can understand Brawn's hesitance over letting them race giving how the Red Bulls handled things but Rosberg was clearly faster and should have been allowed to race through.

With regards to the Red Bulls, again, I think they should have been allowed to race but doing it the way they did, and Vettel sticking the car up the inside down the straight as he did, was irresponsible as there could have been an accident.

It has been slightly blown out of proportion some of the reactions to it but then I Vettel should have adhered to the team message and stuck to where he was. It's shown a petulant, and considerably egotistical, side to him of always wanting to be top. I was annoyed in his post race interview with Lee when he was saying that he wasn't happy about winning but then why'd he weave about on the approach to the line to celebrate? Perhaps seeing how Webber reacted to it and hearing some of the commotion from the team/media/others over his actions caused him to try and save face. ::shrug:

All in all though, a pretty ugly day for the sport/Red Bull. I do agree that Webber has perhaps stayed too long with the team and should have moved on as he has been given the short end of the stick on several occasions. And the race itself... well it was no Australia that's for sure. Only upside I was seeing was that Bianchi is putting in some decent performances for Marussia after a short run up period to getting that seat good on him I must say.

Only just got round to having some time to post here but woah, what an awkward podium yesterday! Firstly it should have been Webber, Vettel and Rosberg up there and I've got a huge load of respect for Lewis who said 'it should be Nico up here, he out drove me today'. The Red Bull situation though....

I really feel sorry for Mark. Sebastian ignored team orders and put 43 points constructor points to one side to beat a guy who was under the impression that the race was over and had turned his engine settings down. Mark also made the point that both he and Seb were told to drive '8 tenths below what the car could do' to ensure the tyres didn't get destroyed by the end of the race, so Seb can shut up with his 'move him out way' message.

The podium was awkward as hell but the press conference and the interviews said it all really. Mark was robbed and Seb showed a ruthless side that will effect him now for the rest of his career. People are comparing it to Schumacher but he never actually disobeyed a single team order in his entire career. Seb took matters into his own hands yesterday and I've lost so much respect for him as a driver. For any driver to have a sense of entitlement about winning is just disgusting.

Mark will not be racing for Red Bull next season, that's for sure.

There will definitely be a free Rec Bull seat going at the end of the year. Either Mark leaving, or Seb looking for a new challenge.

I think Mark should follow his engineer to Lotus. Kimi and Mark would be a great 'no bullshit' pairing! :D

Only upside I was seeing was that Bianchi is putting in some decent performances for Marussia after a short run up period to getting that seat good on him I must say.
Yes! Bianchi has been great so far! I've wanted him to get a seat after being a reserve driver/on Ferrari's driver list for so long, to see what he's actually made of, and he's delivering big time!

His 13th place completely passed me by yesterday!... and there was me thinking his 15th in Aus was good!

Quick photoshop... :p

multi21.jpg

Damn I miss the V10's!! Just listen to them in this video, they sound almost supercharged! :D

Also Kimi and Montoya just getting faster and faster and faster!... F1 Heaven! :awesome:

Watched Qualifying and the race on Monday, managed to stay away from the thread and the sports websites. Well this weekend certainly spiced up the championship and how things unfold off the track. Vettel showing a ruthless side that's certainly soured his relationship with Mark. Mercedes looking really competitive this weekend but it's a shame team orders made it so Rosberg didn't get the podium his race deserved. Never keen on Vettel but certainly conflicted on whether what he did was right or not, but seeing as he defied the team that made him what he is you'd certainly say in the long run it was the wrong thing to do.