NEurope
Retro_Link

Formula 1 2013

Gary Anderson doesn't sound all that impressed by Merc's efforts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula-one/21322248

I don't believe Lewis isn't nervous to find out how he car drives for one second; wish he'd just say as much!...

Toro Rosso

216132.jpg

216138.jpg

Surely it can't be great that the car which now prominently displays the Red Bull name is the B-team?!! :p #ConfusedCasuals

Admittedly the Blackberry sponsorship isn't a great omen but here's hoping for the best. Roll on testing!

Here's Marussia -

IMG_4749.jpg

maru-mr02-2013-1.jpg

maru-mr02-2013-2.jpg

maru-mr02-2013-3.jpgp

And Caterham -

BCUwpuNCQAAI-FM.jpg:large

BCUw8FlCUAAtFlU.jpg:large

Edited by Murr

Mercedes off to a great start!

In other news...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105438

Marussia signs Luiz Razia for second 2013 Formula 1 seat

Luiz RaziaLuiz Razia has secured the Marussia Formula 1 seat left vacant by Timo Glock's pre-season departure from the team.

Brazilian 23-year-old Razia joins fellow GP2 graduate Max Chilton in an all-rookie line-up at the squad.

Razia will drive the new Marussia in Wednesday's Jerez test session, although the team will start the day late following Chilton's crash due to suspension failure on Tuesday.

"The past two seasons in GP2 have been all about proving that I have what it takes and that I'm ready," said Razia.

"This coming season will be all about rewarding the faith the team have shown in me.

"This is an important year for the Marussia F1 team in terms of maintaining the momentum from a very positive 2012 season. I look forward to making a valuable contribution to that."

Razia became a GP2 title contender last year in his fourth season in the series, eventually finishing runner-up to Davide Valsecchi.

Team boss John Booth said he had always expected Razia to blossom after initially hiring him as reserve driver for the then Virgin branded F1 team in 2010.

"We had every expectation that he would progress to the extent that he has," said Booth.

Luiz Razia, Virgin, Abu Dhabi F1 testing, November 2010"He is a very quick and tenacious driver who battled hard to the runner-up spot last year.

"Together with Max, we are fielding a young but incredibly ambitious pairing and we look forward to seeing what they can achieve."

Marussia's announcement means that the only vacancy remaining on the 2013 F1 grid is the second Force India seat.

In addition to his 2010 run with Virgin/Marussia (pictured), Razia has also tested F1 cars with Toro Rosso, Force India and Caterham.

Two rookies is a ridiculous move by Marussia... they made decent progress last season and this is going to get them no where. Surely there's an experienced driver out there who has some financial backing?

Kamui is too good for Marussia, although I'd love to see him in an F1 car in 2013.

What's left now.. just 1 seat at Force India... there's still hope for KK yet... :(

Only rookies have anything to gain taking a roll on a backfield team, people young enough and passionate enough to take that one shot in the top flight. Experienced drivers will be off making a wage in sports cars, endurance racing, or any number of series'. Besides which giving new faces a chance is what small teams are just naturally for. Hopefully both Marussia and Caterham can keep closer to the back of the pack. I actually really respect Marussia, through all their problems they've achieved as much as Caterham has with a damn sight less. Now they've got a fully equipped car this year maybe, just maybe, they really can start making a breakthrough.

I do think it is a bit strange for Marussia to have two rookie drivers this season, without an experienced driver there. That being said, both Chilton and Razia have experience in testing in F1 cars so they should be alright there. It's how they'll perform under race conditions that's the big issue but I do think having some young blood there might just be enough to push them that bit more forward. From testing yesterday, it's clear that Chilton is very hands on in terms of wanting to progress the car and help develop it so who knows. Perhaps it is a move that'll pay of for Marussia.

Do think it's a bit ridiculous that Force India still haven't named their second driver yet. I mean, they've got Rossiter there testing today for a bit but not having a second driver in place for testing is surely going to be detrimental to whoever eventually gets the seat (unless it is Rossiter) as they won't exactly be on a level playing field with Di Resta in terms of getting familiar with the car.

@Murr @Ganepark32 The money seems to be on Bianchi landing the Force India seat, think he might be testing on Friday.

@gaggle64 you're definitely right in that Marussia have achieved a lot, they made a real step last season considering they were without DRS. But that's why it's a bit frustrating... it finally looked like they might be able to make that Midfield breakthrough! Can two rookies keep that momentum going?... I don't know maybe, I guess we just have to wait and see.

How does everyone feel about the McLaren line up this year?

Excited to see Perez? Was he the right guy for McLaren? Looking forward to seeing Jenson step up? Do you think he can? Or an underwhelming year/line up for McLaren?

I'm a big Jenson fan (as well as Kimi), but think it would have been better for the team if Hamilton stayed. I was impressed by Perez in the early and mid sections of the 2012 season, but he seemed to be trying too hard to impress at the later stages, and made some suspect moves which didn't pay off (inexperience I guess). So, I'm not looking forward to McLaren as a team as much, but I sure hope to hell Jenson does step up to the mark, and shows his smooth moves again.

McLaren certainly look to have a great car under them this year.

As much as Perez likes to talk it up, I think a WDC challenge is beyond him this year... I'm actually a bit wary of him being a bit Grosjean 2012 this year... whilst trying to hard!

Button can put in all the fast laptimes he wants, but needs to sort out his Qualifying if he's to mount a challenge this year.

Though tbh I'm not sure I could take Jenson becoming a 2x World Champion. I still can't believe he has one! :p

My money's on Perez if the Mclaren lives up to its early promise.

Meanwhile I see people are already fighting over Lewis across the BBC live feed which, after less then 2 days of pre-season testing, has to be some kind of record. This is going to be one of these seasons isn't it?

Oh dear Hamilton... Oh dear..

article-0-1760FAD7000005DC-427_634x375.jpg

article-2274317-17610393000005DC-79_634x426.jpg

The start of the downfall of Lewis Hamilton?

As for the liverys and car designs, they look rather nice! Not long till the 2013 season kicks of now, exciting! :grin:

Lewis will be fine, but the most worrying thing for him is that Mercedes unreliability and general woes seem to have carried over into 2013.

Really pleased to see Lotus on the pace! :D

God Damn it De La Rosa you had one job...

216734.jpg

Also Mercedes with some serious over heating issues -

T66UMJa.jpg

Annoyingly, Red Bull have got a seriously reliable car under them this year!

Come on Alternators!!

Adrian Newey's got retire sooner or later. Hopefully Red Bull can be out-developed by somebody this year. At least Merc seem to have sorted their reliability issues.

Also, nice quote about Heikki from Lewis -

I was thinking it's such a shame Heikki's not here, and when I see some of the people who have seats, whoever gave them the seats are crazy to think they are better than Heikki. He has great calibre and experience and he deserves to be here.
Edited by gaggle64

Also, nice quote about Heikki from Lewis -
Apparently Martin Whitmarsh tried to fight for the Marussia seat for Heikki, but I think they were already to far down the process with Razia of something. He's got a lot of support in the paddock, Paul Hembrey said he'd look at giving him a Pirelli testing role aswell. But I think Heikki has said he's not interested in testing or third driver roles.

It really is a shame. The Caterham/Marussia line-ups are a joke and the likes of Guiteirrez (not gonna check if that's the spelling) at Sauber... gotta feel for Heikki and other drivers in this current F1.

Should never have gone to Caterham.

Testing tomorrow!! :D

Also, does it get much better than...

pitgirl.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

Front Wing... developed much! :o

FW35_Front-gallerywide.JPG

FW35_Front_View-gallerywide.JPG

tumblr_miglv9BxhQ1rge9dno4_1280.jpg

Williams always seem to beautifully/tightly package their cars!

Sauber and Williams were decent last year, but they could step it up even more this year!

Expecting Hulk/Maldonado/Bottas to be on it!

Edited by Retro_Link

lol @ Kimi's reaction to Craig Slater's StupidQuestionIsStupid. :D

Loving the 2013 look/sunglasses! :cool:

Edited by Retro_Link

Why did they give Max the English flag but Paul the British flag? Do they have some kind of agenda we should be aware of?

Been pointed out by someone of NeoGaf...

look at all the other cars shown in @Retro_Links side view picture at the rear wheel. And then compare it to the rear of the Williams..

216997.jpg

Massive Gap between the engine cover and rear tyres / spoiler