NEurope
Ashley

Social Media Icons in Postbit

@Guy requested that we get Twitter into the Postbit (that bit on the side of posts with your avatar in) so we did that, and then some.

If you go to User CP > Edit My Details you can now input your usernames (or string of numbers for G+) for seven social media sites:

Facebook

Twitter

Google +

Tumblr

Redbubble

YouTube

Flickr

We know there's more out there but I believe we've covered the most commonly used ones (which is why Redbubble is there but not Deviant Art, as most members seem to use that).

If you don't fill them in they won't appear, and obviously aren't mandatory. I've put in mine and used other people's accounts for Redbubble and Flickr to show what they look like (as I don't have accounts (or at least none I use)).

Will try and tidy up the Edit My Details page if possible at some point.

Should be on all schemes and will quickly check now, but if you spot any errors let me know.

To note:

Flickr URLs should now be username based (random example), but when I checked my (old and unused) one it was a random string of numbers. How they're set up it wouldn't work presently, but if this will affect you let me know. If it is going to effect people I'll probably set up a separate one.

Edited by Ashley

@Guy requested that we get Twitter into the Postbit (that bit on the side of posts with your avatar in) so we did that, and then some.

If you go to User CP > Edit My Details you can now input your usernames (or string of numbers for G+) for seven social media sites:

Facebook

Twitter

Google +

Tumblr

Redbubble

YouTube

Flickr

We know there's more out there but I believe we've covered the most commonly used ones (which is why Redbubble is there but not Deviant Art, as most members seem to use that).

If you don't fill them in they won't appear, and obviously aren't mandatory. I've put in mine and used other people's accounts for Redbubble and Flickr to show what they look like (as I don't have accounts (or at least none I use)).

Will try and tidy up the Edit My Details page if possible at some point.

Should be on all schemes and will quickly check now, but if you spot any errors let me know.

To note:

Flickr URLs should now be username based (random example), but when I checked my (old and unused) one it was a random string of numbers. How they're set up it wouldn't work presently, but if this will affect you let me know. If it is going to effect people I'll probably set up a separate one.

Why does your Flickr link go to someone called Joel Tjintjelaar????

I pay you to read!

I've put in mine and used other people's accounts for Redbubble and Flickr to show what they look like (as I don't have accounts (or at least none I use)).

I apologise for skim-reading, I just wanted to look at your photos :(

Can you make it direct to, for example flickr.com/photos/personsname rather than flickr.com/people/personsname???

Just thinking, what about Photobucket? Some people upload their photos on there and share them on here. Might be easier to access for those who want to flick through photos.

Forgot to say, awesome that you added the social media stuff. Awesomeness! :D

We'll see what the general feedback is. Obviously there's a lot of things that could go there, but if only one or two people use them there's not much point :)