NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Wii Party U

Took me forever to find this thread

October 25th

23JgsxF.jpg

Comes with the Wiimote, the game and possibly that GamePad stand, but I can't quite zoom in far enough. The box looks like it includes stuff in addition to the game, controller, jacket and AA batteries

Anyone getting it? I'm tempted because it'll be a cheap way to get a new Wiimote Plus, which are like £50 in GAME.

Day one purchase. Love the party games on Wii and have been waiting for something that the whole family can play. Love the idea of using the Gamepad as a stand-alone experience for mini games too. :love:

Cant wait for this, say what you will but the first game was amazing fun with 4 players :) derby dash was my fav, and the sequal has an update by the looks of it safari dash .

I have always wanted a Black WiiMote+... Hmmm and I'm sure my daughter will love the games!

Cant wait for this, say what you will but the first game was amazing fun with 4 players :) derby dash was my fav, and the sequal has an update by the looks of it safari dash .

Yeah, there's so many great mini games that still stick in my mind :D It really made a nice change from Mario Party!

Is anyone going to get this game? It comes out pretty soon too and with a free wii remote plus! (All the wii remote pluses that I have gotten have come from game bundles - skyward sword and wii motion play. Soon I'll get 2 more with winter Olympics and this!!)

I love party games so much, they're SO fun!

Yeah I'll get it, like a well done mini game compilation (am I allowed to say that around here?!?!). Wiimote plus, perfect for gaming weekends and such!

I'll be picking this up too. So, many children, what with my son's cousins and friends dropping in and out, this will go down a storm.

Is the game really good then?! I love a good minigame compilation (not sarcastic).

Hopefully, this will make WiiU sales go soaring.

Well, I do and I don't, because otherwise Nintendo hopefully stop churning out this stuff and start making the games we've all been begging for for the last ten or so years.

Hopefully, this will make WiiU sales go soaring.

Well, I do and I don't, because otherwise Nintendo hopefully stop churning out this stuff and start making the games we've all been begging for for the last ten or so years.

I doubt Nintendo would stop making games like Wii Party U if it's not successful, ND Cube is Nintendo's go to for party games, and will probably continue to make games like Wii Party U and Mario Party regardless of the performance of the title.

Even if they did, I doubt many people would want a ND Cube developed Star Fox or F-Zero, as most of the staff originate from the Hudson Soft team that developed Mario Party for years.

Played a lot of this today and some of the new modes are REALLY fun :D

How have you been able to play this? D:

I'm reviewing it for the site. I'm not sure how much I can talk about yet but if you're a fan of the previous game then you'll love this! The review should be going up Tuesday! (Maybe Wednesday, I'll have to check the embargo) so keep your eyes peeled on the front page :D

Josh , can you confirm that derby dash horse racing has a follow up , is it called safari dash ? What's the deal with it ? I love that game so much with 4 players we could spend a whole evening just on that 1 mini game . We even took bets one night :)

I'm reviewing it for the site. I'm not sure how much I can talk about yet but if you're a fan of the previous game then you'll love this! The review should be going up Tuesday! (Maybe Wednesday, I'll have to check the embargo) so keep your eyes peeled on the front page :D

It's Wednesday.

Hasnt the Embargo been lifted.

Edge have published the review scores for this months magazine and they gave it a 5 - Ouch.

Edited by liger05

The embargo has indeed been lifted (at 5pm BST). Here's @Josh64's review: http://www.n-europe.com/reviews/wii-party-u

This review sounds fair enough. A bit disappointing that the 4 and 2 vs 2 minigames don't really use the Gamepad much, but it's good to hear that the 1 vs 3 games do (as those types of games are practically made for the Gamepad, given their assymettric nature).

I do wish that there were more House Party games, cause they were probably my favourite mode type in the first game, with how creative they were with the Wiimote...

Ahh well, I'll have it tomorrow anyway. Still looking forward to it. Been much too long since Nintendo Land, which was the last major 4 player Wii U game for us :D

BTW, I wonder what kind of use they get out of Motionplus for the mini games (don't forget that the Gamepad is not all that the Wii U offers to the series. Neither Mario Party 9 nor the original Wii Party required Motionplus, so that's yet another extra dimension that NDCube are given to play with here!)

Reviews seem harsh for a game thats cheaper than just buying a Wii Remote Plus on its own at Amazon.

Reviews seem harsh for a game thats cheaper than just buying a Wii Remote Plus on its own at Amazon.

The Mario Party/Wii Party games never review well in general, so it's only really fitting with the rest of the series...

It's just not well suited for the kind of environment (near exclusive multiplayer focus, local multiplayer social interaction, slower paced board game gameplay with a high influence of luck & randomness - which in turn makes online play unavailable because it would never work, as no game would ever finish before players ragequit) that most major review sites like IGN review games under and the expectations that they have. The kind of things that they would normally rate games down for, just so happen to be these games' greatest strengths...

Edited by Dcubed

The Mario Party/Wii Party games never review well in general, so it's only really fitting with the rest of the series...

It's just not well suited for the kind of environment (near exclusive multiplayer focus, local multiplayer social interaction, slower paced board game gameplay with a high influence of luck & randomness - which in turn makes online play unavailable because it would never work, as no game would ever finish before players ragequit) that most major review sites like IGN review games under and the expectations that they have. The kind of things that they would normally rate games down for, just so happen to be these games' greatest strengths...

Exactly, even the early Mario Parties were mostly received poorly by reviewers. The title tells you what to expect, it's a party game and best played in an environment with a group of friends. As you suggest, it would dampen the experience if played online, look at Boom/Fortune Street. From all reports that online mode is very clunky and slow.

Sign in to follow this