NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Wii Party U

Type game thing...

... hope you don't need to have 3-4 Wiimotes, cause that ain't gonna happen without a price drop on them!

Edited by Retro_Link

The first one was really fun in multiplayer (more so than Mario Party, at least) but the video for this looks far from exciting :p

This is the first Wii U game that I honestly think has no right to exist. We know this game has a fairly sizeable budget. Probably more than enough to let's say make an HD remake of Pilotwings 64 in the same vein as WW.

On the original Wii Party: "The game has sold 7.94 million copies worldwide as of March 2012."

That's why :p

EDIT: As a comparison, each Pilotwings game sold about a million each (the 3DS title slightly under). Yeah, it's not always about sales, but with the Wii U as it is Nintendo need to do all they can to get the casual crowd back on board

Edited by Josh64

This is the first Wii U game that I honestly think has no right to exist. We know this game has a fairly sizeable budget. Probably more than enough to let's say make an HD remake of Pilotwings 64 in the same vein as WW.

On the original Wii Party: "The game has sold 7.94 million copies worldwide as of March 2012."

That's why :p

Yeah the disappointment should only come if this game does not ultimately fund a Pilotwings Wii U or other such much wanted Nintendo franchise sequels.

It's alright to have these games, so long as we get the other stuff too.

Honestly, this game was so underwhelming I'd already wiped it from my memory.

EDIT: As a comparison, each Pilotwings game sold about a million each (the 3DS title slightly under). Yeah, it's not always about sales, but with the Wii U as it is Nintendo need to do all they can to get the casual crowd back on board

They can't. They've all moved over to smart phones and will, when the time comes, move over to smartTV's. Non-gamers don't feel the need to buy a dedicated games machine, espescially if it has confusing stuff like buttons... or requires more attention than their ADHD mentality aproves of.

Personally, I understand why PW 3DS sold so poorly. You didn't get that much for your money. You got very few vehicles and just one absolutely tiny level. The gameplay was dumbed down and the graphical style was, although technicaly impressive, way to toony. The N64 version had four levels, all but one being WAY bigger than Wuhu Island. Plus that it's not really a franchise suitable for portable consoles.

Had Nintendo done it properly, by releasing it for a home console, adding more and bigger levels, maintained that little bit of realism in the vehicle controls etc, then it would've sold way more.

Plus, PW64 was just an example. Since it seems like the new Smash Bros is taking so long, Nintendo could've remade the N64 original for that money.

I've only played the 3ds one weirdly enough and actually really liked it. That could be because I have nothing else to go by though. Is the N64 game on Wii virtual console?

Really quite looking forward to this one! The original Wii Party was great and featured some of the most creative uses of the Wiimote seen on the platform! (And who didn't love Spot the Sneek? What a brilliant idea that was!)

Can't wait to see what they're cooking up with the Wiimote & Gamepad combo (the twister style game looks fun :D)

I've played all the Piltowings games and loved the 3DS version, yeah it would have been nice to have more worlds and more content, but I was more than fully satisfied with the game.

They can't. They've all moved over to smart phones and will, when the time comes, move over to smartTV's. Non-gamers don't feel the need to buy a dedicated games machine, espescially if it has confusing stuff like buttons... or requires more attention than their ADHD mentality aproves of.

The casual crowd are the same ones that buy COD and FIFA every year and when you ask them about games they've never heard of 'a Xenoblade'. Casual gamers don't just buy party games. Casual gamers come in all shapes and sizes - from the guys who buy COD and FIFA, to the girls who buy Just Dance and the Sims to the mum's who buy Wii Fit and family games.

It's nonsense to believe they've all just gone to smart phones - that's Pachter talk. If it was true the 3DS wouldn't be tracking better than the DS did.

Took me forever to find this thread

October 25th

23JgsxF.jpg

Comes with the Wiimote, the game and possibly that GamePad stand, but I can't quite zoom in far enough. The box looks like it includes stuff in addition to the game, controller, jacket and AA batteries

Anyone getting it? I'm tempted because it'll be a cheap way to get a new Wiimote Plus, which are like £50 in GAME.

Edited by Serebii

I'll be getting it for sure, Wii Party was a great game. And it blows the likes of Wii Play and Play Motion out of the water considering it's a controller bundle game.

Why is it always a black remote plus? I don't want another bloody one, I've already got 3 of them!

I want some coloured ones :(

I wonder how much cheaper the eShop version will be, considering that you won't be getting an extra remote. I've already got 4 remote pluses, as well as two add-ons for normal remotes. I don't need the bundle!

I love party games. Multiplayer games such as New super mario bros U just weren't cutting it to play with my friends, but nooow.. oh my galoshes , I can't wait :D

I wonder how much cheaper the eShop version will be, considering that you won't be getting an extra remote. I've already got 4 remote pluses, as well as two add-ons for normal remotes. I don't need the bundle!

I think this, and Wii Fit, will be among the games that don't get eShop versions

I think this, and Wii Fit, will be among the games that don't get eShop versions

What makes you think that? Why wouldn't they get eShop releases?

There's nothing stopping them from doing so (just think how many balance boards are already out there) and hell, a digital version of Wii Fit U would actually work much better than the physical one, due to the convinience factor (and the convinience of off-TV play is this game's main selling point over its predecessors - so offering a version that is even more convenient makes perfect sense).

Nintendo are aggressively trying to push people digital. It would make no sense for them to not release digital versions of these games.

What makes you think that? Why wouldn't they get eShop releases?

There's nothing stopping them from doing so (just think how many balance boards are already out there) and hell, a digital version of Wii Fit U would actually work much better than the physical one, due to the convinience factor (and the convinience of off-TV play is this game's main selling point over its predecessors - so offering a version that is even more convenient makes perfect sense).

Nintendo are aggressively trying to push people digital. It would make no sense for them to not release digital versions of these games.

Yeah, it's not so much of a problem for Wii Party U, as there are millions of Wii Remotes around already, but Wii Fit U is including the Fit Meter, although it remains to be seen how essential that'll be to the software and I'm guessing they'll be sold separately anyway.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the retail version of Wii Fit U featured a downloadable channel for convenience, similar to the Wii version.

They are only listed with remotes in the recent release dates update, but it also says "limited edition" so perhaps down the line there will be game only versions.

Sign in to follow this