NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

The Openess of Nintendo

Not sure if the Wind Waker remake is really something that fans have been asking for. Everyone's been raving on and on about how Wind Waker has a style that will never make it look old. And the screenshots of the HD edition makes it not only look bad... it makes it look colourless as well.

If they were really listening to fans, I think they'd realise Zelda 64 or Ura Zelda as originaly intended.

Not sure if the Wind Waker remake is really something that fans have been asking for.

Really? Wind Waker has always been the number one choice whenever people ask for HD Nintendo rereleases. I've seen many more people ask for it than a HD Metroid Prime.

If they were really listening to fans, I think they'd realise Zelda 64 or Ura Zelda as originaly intended.

This is the first time I've heard of someone asking for this.

I'd love to see a HD remastering of Majora's Mask on Wii U more than any other remake but seeing as the engine has been created for OOT on 3DS, it's odds on that it will appear there sooner or later.

I don't know.

To me it felt more like: 'Okay, we're new to this HD game and we're having a bit of trouble with it, but rest assured, we still know how to make games and we're making new partnerships to cater to the needs of the gamer. Mario and Zelda are coming, and so is Smash Bros. It will just take a bit of time because we want to guarantee the quality, but by golly we are putting our best foot forward to create some amazing experiences again :D

Miyamoto is working on StarFox and Retro is working on Metroid'

I have a feeling along the same lines as you.

To me, every system that has appeared since the DS (including that) has felt like some kind of experiment. In accordance with that, Nintendo are playing things by ear. They don't know if this experiment will succeed or fail.

Sometimes what you want is something that is an already finished product and you know will succeed. It's a bit tiring at times to have to second-guess what Nintendo will do with system features and online gaming. Take the ability to swap game-display from TV to the WiiUpad. If that were on a 360, the feature would be system wide. On other systems, online play is a guarantee. On a Nintendo system, you pray that it'll be included, and even if it is, you're not sure under what capacity.

I appreciate what they're doing with these Nintendo Directs. It's refreshing. But, if they are struggling in certain areas, then they should invest in some help. God knows that they can afford to.

Sometimes what you want is something that is an already finished product and you know will succeed. It's a bit tiring at times to have to second-guess what Nintendo will do with system features and online gaming. Take the ability to swap game-display from TV to the WiiUpad. If that were on a 360, the feature would be system wide.

I have to disagree with you there. There are many Wii U games, especially upcoming ones, where it would not be possible to switch solely to the GamePad since the GamePad is required for input etc.

I have to disagree with you there. There are many Wii U games, especially upcoming ones, where it would not be possible to switch solely to the GamePad since the GamePad is required for input etc.
I think he means a universal way of switching to the Gamepad for each game.

I really enjoyed the openess and Iwatas usual humble way of presenting, it does make the videoes he makes take on a more personal tone and i just couldnt see Microsoft or Sony pull something like that off. I do like when Nintendo keeps some games hidden and revelase them suddenly at random events but i do think its important for them to present a broad selection of games to customers to keep them excited and to entice new fans in. Regardless of this being forced or not, we had a lot of great announcements, most of them expected but still great to hear them confirmed.

The only thing that still irks me about Nintendo is that they dont have a universal games store, i would like to be able to buy the SNES version of Super mario world and be able to play that one title accross both 3DS and WiiU, even if it was a quid or two more expensive to have a universal version of the game. We need a universal platform and it would be nice though not essential to have some sort of cloud saving or save transfer between them, if Nintendo announce that id be overjoyed.

As it stands i have plenty of games from launch to play, i have lots to look forward to going forward and the prospect of a new Zelda and Mario game is enough to tide me through. Ill be very excited to see what E3 brings because lets face it, with the other two releasing new consoles this has to be a killer press event for them.

Sign in to follow this