NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Trying to picture the reaction had I called Horizon 'just another openworld game' shortly after it was unveiled last year and we knew almost nothing about it. Not a pretty picture.

Woman needs to shut up, though. And I don't mean that in a misogynistic way :p

holy crap the dialogue was atrocious. I was really digging the gameplay but the constant talking was ruining it

Looks great BUT...the twist of who/why the real enemy is so obvious it beggars disbelief. Can be worked out from the trailer alone. Hope there's "more" to it.

Just watching the Sony conference now, really like the look of this, though fear it might be a bit too Monster Hunter for me.

Literally all from the first page of the Horizon: Zero Dawn thread, all pointing out negative things about what they saw. The reaction? None.

Seriously stop pretending that people never say negative things about PS4/Xbox One games, they do.

Yes I know I should drop it but this shit annoys me...

I don't want to contribute to the conversations about what game(s) it feels most like but for what its worth Mark Brown has played it today and said this:

[tweet]747813933780729856[/tweet]

Is that supposed to be a bad thing? It's clearly heavily inspired by the original LOZ mixed in with a physics playground and modern openworld/RPG elements.

Literally all from the first page of the Horizon: Zero Dawn thread, all pointing out negative things about what they saw. The reaction? None.

Proving my point? And regardless, none of those are anywhere near as dismissive as "it's just another openworld game". They're barely even complaints.

Edited by Ronnie

I think he just thought it might be controversial, not a bad thing.

Proving my point? And regardless, none of those are anywhere near as dismissive as "it's just another openworld game". They're barely even complaints.

How the fuck is that proving your point? I showed that people say negative things about other games and they don't get a reaction. Unlike yourself who reacts whenever someone says something negative about a Nintendo game. You seem to take this shit way to personally, as if any negative remark on Nintendo is a remark on you.

Plus I've already explained why some people may legitimately call Breath of the Wild "just another open world game", because frankly at the moment the only thing we really know about the game is that it is set in an open world.

How the fuck is that proving your point?

Because whenever I say anything even slightly negative about a non-Nintendo game everyone jumps down my throat, whereas whenever others post negative things, it gets waved by. If I had belittled Horizon like @drakhon belittled Zelda, all hell would have broken loose.

Plus I've already explained why some people may legitimately call Breath of the Wild "just another open world game", because frankly at the moment the only thing we really know about the game is that it is set in an open world.

So you're suggesting that Horizon is 'just another openworld game' as well then? Likewise Watch Dogs 2?

Because whenever I say anything even slightly negative about a non-Nintendo game everyone jumps down my throat, whereas whenever others post negative things, it gets waved by. If I had belittled Horizon like @drakhon belittled Zelda, all hell would have broken loose.

Why do you think that is? It's probably got something to do with the fact that the way you put your views across, this 'world against me' view you seem to hold, annoys people which means they feel the need to reply.

Seriously just try posting your opinions on games without snarky comments or constantly comparing it to what Nintendo do for no apparent reason (especially in the Other Consoles boards, obviously bringing up Nintendo in the Nintendo boards won't annoy people) and people will respect your posts for what they are, your opinion. If they don't agree with your opinion that is fine, not everyone has to share the same opinion as everyone else.

No one has a vendetta against you personally, just they way you post can often seem antagonistic when there really is no need.

So you're suggesting that Horizon is 'just another openworld game' as well then? Likewise Watch Dogs 2?

I know nothing about Watchdogs 2 other than the fact that it will likely be open world so yes, at the moment, it is "just another open world game".

Horizon is different in the fact that we have seen hints of the story. In fact I would say they have decided to show off more regarding the kind of story than they have about the world. Whilst it looks like it will be open world to an extent we don't yet know if it will be explorable in the same style as Breath of the Wild (go anywhere, any time) or if it will be more segmented and point to point story driven exploration. I'm not even 100% sure it is an open world game!

How did you interpret the series of events that way?

Eddage's point was quite clear I thought - several people post negative views regarding certain aspects of Horizon Zero Dawn, and nobody is on their case defending the game by countering each and every point as if their very life depends on it. People post negative views of aspects of Zelda and here you are again, overzealously defending Nintendo games for some reason or another. I've honestly no clue why you do it. If anything it is a bit sad and I genuinely think you take it a bit too seriously.

The snarky comments Eddage mentioned do indeed seem to emanate from a large number of your posts. Often there is literally no argument at all going on but you'll find a way to start one by using ridicule or playing a victim. I just...have no idea what you are looking to get out of this place. It's like you are trying to make people hate you.

Edited by Sheikah

I think it would be cool if they had allowed you to choose the sex of Link and Zelda. Female link and Prince Zelda would be ace. (Assuming they are not yet willing to risk having bother the same sex.)

I'd love to see Link killing Zelda and proclaiming that men are better than women.

System seller!

In all seriousness, though. As @Happenstance said, a spin-off with Zelda as the main character would be awesome.

Keep it Zelda and on-topic please, folks. This is a warning.

Yes boss, sorry boss.

@Ronnie was it you the posted the gif of Link teleporting back to the shrine, or was it someone else? I'm definitely sure someone posted it in the last couple of days but I can't find it, am I going mad?

I want to see a Legend of Link game where Zelda is the main character.

Surely zelda could comfortably fit in just under the legend of zelda.. have her as sheik/tetra/other. Gamers can play as either Link or Zelda. Infact, why not let gamers play as Ganon too...

Posting this gif again, probably the one that has me most excited for this game. A return to Wind Waker-like gliding is very welcome!

lyjuzYk.gif

Posting this gif again, probably the one that has me most excited for this game. A return to Wind Waker-like gliding is very welcome!

lyjuzYk.gif

I like this but the animation needs sorting out... he's far too rigid, adjustments must be made to his stature to manoeuvre the glider. The animation as it is just breaks the immersion.

Wind Waker's animation was better.

I hope they continue to polish it whilst it's still in development!

Must have been deleted.

q96C5sF.gif

Yes that's the one. Absolutely love the look of this, it's such a small thing but it looks beautiful!

Still not getting my hopes up until I know more about the story though :heh:

I like this but the animation needs sorting out... he's far too rigid, adjustments must be made to his stature to manoeuvre the glider. The animation as it is just breaks the immersion.

Wind Waker's animation was better.

I hope they continue to polish it whilst it's still in development!

Completely agree. Wind Waker's animations in general were just beautiful, probably helps that Link in that game was shorter and more cartoony with exaggerated features.

Wasn't there one on the CDi?

Wasn't there one on the CDi?