NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Pretty sure Ganondorf being sealed away exists in the new timeline, else there'd be no point to the game and the world would still be fucked. Link is sent back in time to when he was a kid but Ganny is still sealed up.

At the time, this was the conclusion I reached, too. Since then, Twilight Princess stated that, rather than Ganondorf disappearing from that timeline, Child Link somehow managed to convince the Hyrule King of Ganondorf's villainy (maybe by presenting the ocarina?), thus preventing the 7-year reign.

EDIT: Yeah, what Ike said

At the time, this was the conclusion I reached, too. Since then, Twilight Princess stated that, rather than Ganondorf disappearing from that timeline, Child Link somehow managed to convince the Hyrule King of Ganondorf's villainy (maybe by presenting the ocarina?), thus preventing the 7-year reign.

EDIT: Yeah, what Ike said

That's kinda weird that they went with that. Seems like Zelda should have just sent Link back to a bit before Ganny seized power at earliest available opportunity rather than the end of the game. Defeating Ganny and sealing him away seemed...kinda pointless. [/comic book guy]

That's kinda weird that they went with that. Seems like Zelda should have just sent Link back to a bit before Ganny seized power at earliest available opportunity rather than the end of the game. Defeating Ganny and sealing him away seemed...kinda pointless. [/comic book guy]

Well, there are multiple timelines, so maybe Zelda wanted Link to save her timeline before sending him back? Link preventing a reign of terror in his timeline won't really change anything in the "Adult Timeline".

Pretty sure Ganondorf being sealed away exists in the new timeline, else there'd be no point to the game and the world would still be fucked. Link is sent back in time to when he was a kid but Ganny is still sealed up.

I'm not going to question the official timeline, but that's not the conclusion you reach from playing the game. At the time, it seemed that Link got a pretty bad deal.

And like I said, I'd like a reward that makes the game fun to continue playing after the end.

I'm not going to question the official timeline, but that's not the conclusion you reach from playing the game. At the time, it seemed that Link got a pretty bad deal.

And like I said, I'd like a reward that makes the game fun to continue playing after the end.

Well it is the conclusion I reached, and the one Jonnas reached...and the one I reckon quite a lot reached. If only because the actual outcome Nintendo told us about later doesn't really make sense, as they never touched on alternate dimensions in the game and it otherwise makes no sense why you would not have just been sent back to the right time straight away.

Then again this is Zelda, so trying to make any real sense of it is all a bit futile. They've tried to sew together a grand story when in all honesty, I doubt they put that much thought into continuity originally.

Edited by Sheikah

From Kotaku.

The last we heard the Zelda Wii U was delayed, which is something Nintendo always does. Wondering how things are going? In the most recent issue of Famitsu, series producer Eiji Aonuma was asked just that. “Busy,” he replied.

Continuing, he said, “When we did Skyward Sword for the Wii, at the end stages of development, I was in charge of the characters’ dialogue and the in-game text. And, now as well, it’s like it was then. I had to work on text today, too,” he said with a laugh.

“But, the game has really taken shape, and things have gotten easier. That means things are progressing well.”

According to Aonuma, the keyword this time is “something new.” Ocarina of Time was a huge leap for the Zelda series and since then Aonuma explained, “I think the base of our secret sauce has always been Ocarina of Time. But this time, the change in flavor will be like going from Japanese food to Western style food. Perhaps, players will be surprised.”

“Please look forward to it, because I think we’ll be able to make ‘something new’ like Ocarina of Time was,” Aonuma added.

Previously, Kotaku reported that the new Zelda will be open-world and might not have the puzzles players have come to expect.

From Kotaku.

This is positive news.

I saw in the TP thread that, like me, you felt that game leaned too heavily on OOT (blatant copying in some respects!).

So this is what I want to see, moving away from that same engine, however successful and robust it is, and onto something new for the series! :)

If the game really ends up being great, than they should commit a group suicide at Nintendo, because with Splatoon, Mario Maker and Zelda U in the first year or two, I am sure the console would have sold A LOT better.

I really hope that they will add extra staff for the NX version and it can't only be graphics as I don't think the difference can be huge, but the more powerful machine should handle a richer game.

Very encouraging stuff! Sounds great. They can't just retread Ocarina of Time again.

Some rumours have cropped up from Emily Rogers and various others

Rumor #1: Yes, Zelda is coming to both Wii U and NX. I confirmed it with a ton of people. You can choose which one to get. Or get both.

Rumor #2: I heard from multiple sources that you can choose between a male or female as your playable character in Zelda.

Rumor #3: There is voice acting for most of the characters...except Link.

Rumor #1: Yes, Zelda is coming to both Wii U and NX. I confirmed it with a ton of people. You can choose which one to get. Or get both.

Rumor #2: I heard from multiple sources that you can choose between a male or female as your playable character in Zelda.

That bolded part in the spoiler is a massive red flag for me.

Makes me very skeptical...

Why?

She's uaully pretty spot on to be honest so I don't doubt any of it.

That last part is great news, if true.

Just seen the rumours on Gaf. If all of these are true then is has made me a very happy bloke.

Why?

She's uaully pretty spot on to be honest so I don't doubt any of it.

It's nothing against Emily, just that bit on it's own makes me think twice.

It's just a little bit unbelievable to me.

Could be proven wrong of course, but I'm still very skeptical.

It's nothing against Emily, just that bit on it's own makes me think twice.

It's just a little bit unbelievable to me.

Could be proven wrong of course, but I'm still very skeptical.

As in too good to be true? I think it makes sense, it's a huge topic for the zelda franchise and nintendo must be listening. Would be great if true!

I'd prefer voice acting if it was all in Hylian, so if there was bad actors, we wouldn't really know it :p

I'd prefer voice acting if it was all in Hylian, so if there was bad actors, we wouldn't really know it :p

Nah, Zelda needs to enter the 21st Century.

Nah, Zelda needs to enter the 21st Century.

So? What does it being in Hylian rather than English have to do with that?

Maybe they should just hire good actors?

It needs to be in English for us to be able to understand it. Having it in Hylian wouldn't really solve anything as we still wouldn't be able to connect with the characters and would have to rely on the text.

Maybe they should just hire good actors?

Exactly.

There are plenty of examples of quality voice acting in video games now. It's no longer the days of Resident Evil with the hammy acting. Professional voice actors and good direction could make this something really special. If it all goes wrong then they've got no one to blame but themselves, given that many others have pulled it off successfully.