NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Have Nintendo said anything yet about Link's movement in this yet? Specifically things like will he actually be able to jump etc?

I hope that Nintendo will keep the auto-jump, rather than a jump button. Jumping mechanics IMO kill the immersion atless you're actually playing a platform game.

I hope that Nintendo will keep the auto-jump, rather than a jump button. Jumping mechanics IMO kill the immersion atless you're actually playing a platform game.

Just seems like if they are doing a proper open world then it'll need proper jumping.

I think the jumping in 3D Zelda games has always been absolutely fine and, for whatever reason, I can't imagine Link having the ability to jump around all the time. That's not to say it wouldn't work, just that I'm not convinced the series needs it :heh:

In fact, I was thinking about jumping in games the other day and just how ridiculous it is in certain games, such as perhaps GTA or Call of Duty. Who jumps around in real life..? ::shrug:

Who jumps around in real life..? ::shrug:

House of Pain?

Edited by Phube

Have Nintendo said anything yet about Link's movement in this yet? Specifically things like will he actually be able to jump etc?

He can jump off Epona, and quite high, from what we saw in the last demo. I think that's a plausible way of gaining higher ground when needed.

He can jump off Epona, and quite high, from what we saw in the last demo. I think that's a plausible way of gaining higher ground when needed.

I'm thinking we'll see a shameless Arkham Knight mechanic rip off using epona and the sale allowing link to glide distances

and i'm totally okay with that

As long as they make the animation more Wind Waker and less Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword.

As long as they make the animation more Wind Waker and less Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword.

This is the big thing for me, Link's animation in the last two games was so rigid it just didn't look right. It broke the immersion the games had.

If you compare the way Link moves to how characters in other games do, it looks so bad!

They really should start doing some mo-cap for Zelda.

They really should start doing some mo-cap for Zelda.

They did. The resulting complaint was "Epona feels stiff in TP", despite being modelled after an actual horse :heh: This is because, in Shadow of the Colossus, Agro feels great, despite not behaving like an actual horse does.

Point is, gamers want their characters to feel fluid and smooth, not realistic. So, it's not mocap they need, they just need to go back to the flashy action of Wind Waker.

The best animations for me were in MM - the way Link cruises with the Bunny Hood, then does those random auto flips when jumping... :heart:

The best animations for me were in MM - the way Link cruises with the Bunny Hood, then does those random auto flips when jumping... :heart:

To me, it's Zora Link. They could make an entire game with a character swimming like that.

Now that I think of it, we have never seen Toon Link swim underwater.

I wish they would just use young Link for Zelda U, so much better than Adult Link who just looks awkward. Trouble is I don't think that's a popular opinion.

There are only 2 things I really want from the new Zelda game

- keep the good work structure wise from a link between worlds

- get some good NPC's in there

Whatever the platform or power (though they have painted themselves into a corner with the demo they showed) - for me the NPCs are what are memorable rather than dungeons.

Nico/Tetra from Windwaker, untold numbers of characters from OoT/MM.

This is where TP and SS fell down for me. Large worlds but I didn't feel much connection to anyone (though Midna was pretty cool).

Finding jugglers spouting nonsence, builders contemplating life & death, Sleepy ranch owners getting undermined by their mustachio'd employees. Get that right and I'm in

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I'd take amazing dungeons/boss's over NPC's any day! The dungeons are what make the games!

Although Midna was by far the best NPC yet, head and shoulders above any other. I'd like another NPC like her.

To me, it's Zora Link. They could make an entire game with a character swimming like that.

Now that I think of it, we have never seen Toon Link swim underwater.

Thinking of that, I wouldn't mind some sort of sequel to Wind Waker... and by that I mean, a zora/random character diving and finds the master sword (in the Pedestal of Ganondorf) and unleashing stuff.

They did. The resulting complaint was "Epona feels stiff in TP", despite being modelled after an actual horse :heh: This is because, in Shadow of the Colossus, Agro feels great, despite not behaving like an actual horse does.

Funny, to me it felt the opposite :laughing:

Epona felt natural to me but I didn't think it was modelled after a real horse, whilste Agro felt hard to control....like an actual horse.

Epona felt natural to me but I didn't think it was modelled after a real horse, whilste Agro felt hard to control....like an actual horse.

This is actually what made me laugh when miyamoto and anouma did the gameplay thing (last year?) They were saying about how excited they were that epona avoided stuff - agro did that quite some time ago.

The idea of taking out the flow breaking "hit a tree and put your steed in reverse" is bang on though. By putting in a little bit of path finding on the horse you can focus on the surroundings/enemies. All those times running into walls whilst trying to aim an arrow.

I'd take amazing dungeons/boss's over NPC's any day! The dungeons are what make the games!

Although Midna was by far the best NPC yet, head and shoulders above any other. I'd like another NPC like her.

Despite what I said - the bosses in TP were astounding. I wouldn't complain if they were thrown in as a bonus :p

Horses aren't hard to control though :heh:

I'm expecting a Nintendo Direct any day now, giving us some sort of update.

I'm not.

We're not gonna hear anything till E3 2016. Pretty sure about that...

Remembering these lies:

For it to be a lie, they'd have had to say it knowing that they were going to delay it. Come on...

Things change in development, that doesn't make the stuff they said before a lie.

For it to be a lie, they'd have had to say it knowing that they were going to delay it. Come on...

Things change in development, that doesn't make the stuff they said before a lie.

Then it is 'false' then... I'd rather they just not say these things because we have no choice but to believe them. "Next year" is a pretty solid statement.

Then it is 'false' then... I'd rather they just not say these things because we have no choice but to believe them. "Next year" is a pretty solid statement.

But it was their plan. With that logic, no developer should say anything until it's secure. Lots of games go through delays, not just Nintendo titles. It's part of the industry.