NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Abomination:

noun

anything abominable; anything greatly disliked or abhorred.

intense aversion or loathing; detestation:

He regarded lying with abomination.

a vile, shameful, or detestable action, condition, habit, etc.:

Spitting in public is an abomination.

The whole of the post did line up nicely with the game itself, in it's entirety being considered an abomination, not merely it being included as a Zelda game.

Still, semantics, right?

Weirdly, I seem to like the last one I played :) so wind waker. I love skyward sword - the art style and controls made it different to ANYTHING I've experienced before. I will say I've never particularly thought ocarina was light years ahead of everything else, and when I played it again in the 3ds it was almost a chore to play at times.

Either way. All Zeldas and most Marios are the best games on the planet for me. Still.

...I'm forced to pick a 5th Zelda, because I've only played 5 3D Zelda games this abomination will make it in by default.

Skyward Sword
6 bordering 5

4A918195-108A-43F7-8FCF-1AA5B35F195F_zps3acd3uai.jpg

All in good spirits! ;)

4A918195-108A-43F7-8FCF-1AA5B35F195F_zps3acd3uai.jpg

All in good spirits! ;)

You b@st@rd but that was absolutely hilarious. Well played sir, you get a Heston for that.

RRnhhqW.gif

And this for good measure.

rofl.gif

A transcript of the information regarding the new Zelda game gleaned from this interview with Shigeru Miyamoto:

You showed the Zelda trailer and that’s such a huge world. How is that going to be for you guys to approach as far as gameplay and story, because it’s such a huge world?

With Zelda games, what we’ve always done is try to make them where you enter this big world of Hyrule and there’s a lot to explore and discover, but because of the hardware limitations, what we’ve had to do is segment off each area and piece those segments together in a way that make them feel like a big world. Now, with the hardware capabilities of Wii U, we first started by saying if we can take an entire world the size of the world from Twilight Princess, and make that the size of one of the areas in the game.

Do you see that as a game where people will go to complete a certain mission and they end up doing fifty things along the way?

Yeah, there may even be times where you forget what your goal is, because you are doing other things on the side. There may be times where you go in to one big one long dungeon, or you’re headed for a dungeon and doing other things on the side. What we’re trying to do is design it in a way where you don’t have to play it for a super long time, but more matched to today’s lifestyle where you can think for a little bit, and say “maybe I just want to play for a little bit today and do this one thing.” and get that thing done, then take a break.

Zelda Wii U tops Game Trailers most wanted Game Of The Year poll.

1. The Legend of Zelda

2. Bloodborne

3. The Witcher 3

4. Persona 5

5. Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain

6. Batman: Arkham Knight

7. Overwatch

8. No Man’s Sky

9. Xenoblade Chronicles X

10. Uncharted 4

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/fovrrl/gt-countdown-top-ten-most-anticipated-games-of-2015

Good news, no doubt boosted by the Game Awards show at the end of last year but Xenoblade Chronicles X should be higher.

but Xenoblade Chronicles X should be higher.

Why should it be higher on THEIR list of most anticipated games?

Yes, @Ronnie.. please stop taking these needless digs at @Wii :nono:

Regarding the list, only The Legend of Zelda for Wii U stands out to me as something I'm personally looking forward to. I have little to no feeling towards the rest..

Why should it be higher on THEIR list of most anticipated games?

You're a sad, pathetic individual. I post something positive, not an ounce of negativity in sight and you twist things to suit your agenda as usual. Clearly it's MY opinion that Xenoblade Chronicles X should be higher, it isn't a fact. But don't let me stop you, carry on because that's just what you do as always.

Zelda Wii U tops Game Trailers most wanted Game Of The Year poll.

1. The Legend of Zelda

2. Bloodborne

3. The Witcher 3

4. Persona 5

5. Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain

6. Batman: Arkham Knight

7. Overwatch

8. No Man’s Sky

9. Xenoblade Chronicles X

10. Uncharted 4

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/fovrrl/gt-countdown-top-ten-most-anticipated-games-of-2015

Good news, no doubt boosted by the Game Awards show at the end of last year but Xenoblade Chronicles X should be higher.

Watched this earlier today. It's a damn fine list! 2015 really is a great year, and there's still so many games to be announced for it.

My personal top 5 would be

1. Zelda

2. Splatoon

3. Batman

4. Uncharted

5. Starfox

But we barely know anything about any of them so all could change quickly.

My personal top 5 would be

1. Zelda

2. Splatoon

3. Batman

4. Uncharted

5. Starfox

But we barely know anything about any of them so all could change quickly.

I can genuinely only really conjure up a list of 3 games that I'm anticipating in 2015, one of which we've seen nothing of :heh:

1 The Legend of Zelda (Wii U)

2 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

3 Starfox (Wii U)

Maybe 2015 will be the year where E3 finally blows us all away again.. ::shrug:

I've only 2 titles that I'm looking forward to really.

1. Xenoblade Chronicles X.
  2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U

Where's the next wave of games? For the past 2 years we've been hearing about Smash, MK8, Zelda and X. We know of nothing coming after 2015. Still 100% sure the next console is coming in 2016.

Edited by Wii

I've only 2 titles that I'm looking forward to really.

1. Xenoblade Chronicles X.
  2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U

Where's the next wave of games? For the past 2 years we've been hearing about Smash, MK8, Zelda and X. We know of nothing coming after 2015. Still 100% sure the next console is coming in 2016.

2017* dude : peace:

I've previously predicted the following for 2015..

- Mario Strikers for Wii U, including Amiibo support with a new series of figures :smile:

- Animal Crossing unveiled for Wii U :blank:

- Metroid Prime IV revealed for launch in 2016 :yay:

- Amiibo-centric game developed to work across Wii U and 3DS

- Super Mario Sunshine HD remake for Mario's anniversary

- Advance Wars shown for 3DS, with exclusive content on New 3DS

..and, like I mentioned elsewhere, Metroid and Mario Strikers would probably leave me with a fairly complete Wii U collection given that Zelda and Starfox are known to be coming too. In all honesty, I think that'd be enough for me :smile:

* PREDICTION

Nintendo like to reveal and release in quick succession. At E3 2013 they revealed titles that were further along out of necessity (there just wasn't much else to talk about). Now they're too busy talking about Zelda, X, Mario Maker, Splatoon, Yoshi, Kirby, Starfox, Mario Party, amiibos etc, and it would be stupid to mention 2016 games at this early stage. E3 will no doubt have a few though obviously.

It's always good to have surprises. At least one decent game coming this year would be nice. I worry it'l be Animal Crossing, marginally improved from New leaf. Couldn't imagine anything more dull!!

Nintendo like to reveal and release in quick succession. At E3 2013 they revealed titles that were further along out of necessity (there just wasn't much else to talk about). Now they're too busy talking about Zelda, X, Mario Maker, Splatoon, Yoshi, Kirby, Starfox, Mario Party, amiibos etc, and it would be stupid to mention 2016 games at this early stage. E3 will no doubt have a few though obviously.

I agree that 2016 is a bit to far off to discuss right now.

However it is worryingly few games announced for this year. From what I've seen from the release calendar, there is a grand total of 9 games slated for the entirety of the year. With virtually no third party releases scheduled, things are looking grim.

I'm hoping for surprise announcements coming soon.

I agree that 2016 is a bit to far off to discuss right now.

However it is worryingly few games announced for this year. From what I've seen from the release calendar, there is a grand total of 9 games slated for the entirety of the year. With virtually no third party releases scheduled, things are looking grim.

I'm hoping for surprise announcements coming soon.

Few games announced for this year? Captain Toad, Mario Party 10, Splatoon, Yoshi, Kirby, Xenoblade, Zelda, Mario Maker, Starfox, Devil's Third, Project Guard, Project Giant Robot + Mario Kart DLC and whatever they announce in Directs/E3 for release later this year. That's far from a grim release schedule!

Nothing to do with the new Zelda, it's just a discussion of what's the best Zelda game.

What's The Best Zelda? - The Lobby

I laughed at and loved this quote about the Zelda CD-i games circa 6:50.

"Oh my God! No there were 3. They are not fabulous. They are horrible, they are not fun. There's nothing redeeming other than the fact that they're utter $h1t"!

It's too hard to pick just one.

Edited by Wii

After watching more of Xenoblade Chronicles X and the Dolls flying through the landscapes... it'd be awesome if you could call a Loftwing in this to get about too!

A couple of discussions regarding the rumoured Netflix Zelda series.

Zelda TV show?! Netflix Series Discussion (Thoughts & Impressions) (GameXplain)

Zelda Netflix Show: Why Now Is the Perfect Time (IGN)

This is probably new thread worthy.

A live-action TV series is a great way to make Zelda appealing to the mainstream.

I just hope they decide to not make it too child-friendly.

I've been playing some Tomb Raider (the new one) lately and I must say that I hope that Nintendo take on TR's take on puzzle solving.

TR doesen't contain lots and lots of items which only get used in one dungeon and require you to remap your inventory buttons.

Instead there are few items, which are upgraded throughout the game to gain additional abilities. And instead, all items are being used all the time.