NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Yeah Epona felt so bulky with over accentuated (flopping about) movements in Twilight Princess. Didn't like it.

Back to a more gentle horse riding style please!

Imagine a Zelda sub-villain from within - a soldier of Hyrule who believed he/she was courageous enough to be chosen by the gods, but instead gets twisted after finally witnessing little Link get chosen. Easy way to make a memorable villain, don't remember any Hyrulian villains.

(just had to share this whilst its in my head).

Imagine a Zelda sub-villain from within - a soldier of Hyrule who believed he/she was courageous enough to be chosen by the gods, but instead gets twisted after finally witnessing little Link get chosen. Easy way to make a memorable villain, don't remember any Hyrulian villains.

(just had to share this whilst its in my head).

That's just.... damn... I now expect Nintendo to do this

3228c2fc4c0aa7d348c4c8bd6fd40eb4062fe10748aff1971dac7a47135875bc.jpg

Ughh they're right, too often Zelda has been the same old [save the princess] story... maybe it's as much of a problem as the repetitive dungeon formula.

I would actually LOVE that to be Zelda you play as. I think that alone has the ability to make the game feel so much more fresh! I so hope that's Zelda.

The Legend of Zelda.

Edited by Retro_Link

I wish they hadn't spent half that chat talking about Aonuma's obvious joke.

Ughh they're right, too often Zelda has been the same old [save the princess] story... maybe it's as much of a problem as the repetitive dungeon formula.

I don't much mind the "save the princess" story, but when I first saw the trailer I did wonder "could that be Zelda?" But dismissed it as crazy thoughts :heh:

If they did make Zelda the playable character though that would be interesting.

Could also have a fair effect on the story and puzzles/dungeons. Where with Link it was always about him being couragous to gain the Triforce of Courage, if playing as Zelda your journey should be to gain the Triforce of Wisdom which should result in more even puzzle solving maybe?

BUT if you did play as Zelda would you still have the option to create a character name? I think that's what was meant "if Zelda was the hero we'd have to change the title".

How about you still play as "Link" but this time this incarnation of Link is a girl. We know from the timeline (which was finally made offcial thanks to the Historia) that there have been several different heros called Link and several Zeldas throughout Hyrules history.

Each Link and Zelda are decendents of the first Link and Zelda (currently those seen in Skyward Sword....with the exception of Wind Waker Link who I like to think of as a reincarnation of OOT Link so that a spirit of teh Hero could exsist in that timeline, with every Link after him a decendent of WW Link) so there's no reason why during one "legend" the decendent of the hero might be female rather than male: peace:

I dunno there's something about the idea of it being Zelda and the bow therefore being the primary weapon that I like. Change up the combat a bit. And then of course she'd have a sword when necessary, but just looking at the potential for the bow in the trailer it's exciting!

Each Link and Zelda are decendents of the first Link and Zelda (currently those seen in Skyward Sword....with the exception of Wind Waker Link who I like to think of as a reincarnation of OOT Link so that a spirit of teh Hero could exsist in that timeline, with every Link after him a decendent of WW Link) so there's no reason why during one "legend" the decendent of the hero might be female rather than male: peace:

Well, I don't think any of them are descendants. At least in the WW timeline they aren't, as Niko lived long enough to see two Links. He comments that ST!Link looks uncannily like WW!Link, and surely he wouldn't be surprised if that was a grandson.

The Zeldas are definitely part of the same bloodline, but the Links aren't, I think. Otherwise, Ganon would be kidnapping the Hero's descendants along with Zelda :heh:

Well, I don't think any of them are descendants. At least in the WW timeline they aren't, as Niko lived long enough to see two Links. He comments that ST!Link looks uncannily like WW!Link, and surely he wouldn't be surprised if that was a grandson.

Most Links are descendants. Wind Waker Link is a special case as one of the plot points was that the Hero's lineage was erased due to the time travel in Ocarina of Time.

Also, Niko was over 100 years old and may not have known that Link had a grandson (or great grandson).

Most Links are descendants. Wind Waker Link is a special case as one of the plot points was that the Hero's lineage was erased due to the time travel in Ocarina of Time.

Also, Niko was over 100 years old and may not have known that Link had a grandson (or great grandson).

Niko literally lives right next to the new Link, how could he not have known? :heh:

I do think it's far more plausible that Link reincarnates. Because if the first Link (SS!Link) marries Zelda, Link and Zelda's bloodline become one and the same. If any Link ends up with Zelda, that becomes the case.

Also, if it was a bloodline, then OoT!Link left some girl pregnant in Ordon Village before continuing his travels, because he definitely died while adventuring. I refuse to think Link could be that sleazy!

And what about the "Failure" Timeline? The one where he loses against Ganondorf? Who did he knock up there?

Niko literally lives right next to the new Link, how could he not have known? :heh:

I do think it's far more plausible that Link reincarnates. Because if the first Link (SS!Link) marries Zelda, Link and Zelda's bloodline become one and the same. If any Link ends up with Zelda, that becomes the case.

Also, if it was a bloodline, then OoT!Link left some girl pregnant in Ordon Village before continuing his travels, because he definitely died while adventuring. I refuse to think Link could be that sleazy!

And what about the "Failure" Timeline? The one where he loses against Ganondorf? Who did he knock up there?

Nabooru was gagging for it... Actually it is said Gerudo women kidnap Hyrulian men for some passion - by this logic isn't Ganondorf half Hyrulian?

Link is G-mans father - confirmed. ;)

The thing is, with this game, it isn't "implied" or "assumed". The developer is telling us it is.

We were practically told this, and we all know how that ended up.

Zelda_Space_World--article_image.jpg

I would actually LOVE that to be Zelda you play as. I think that alone has the ability to make the game feel so much more fresh! I so hope that's Zelda.

The Legend of Zelda.

The Lord of The Rings.

Why does no one bitch about Sauron not getting action?

The Lord of The Rings.

Why does no one bitch about Sauron not getting action?

I wasn't saying Zelda should be the main character because the series is called The Legend of Zelda. The fact it's called that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I was saying, for once, let the series almost poke fun at its title and just call itself that, and give us that.

(Ok it's hard to explain what I meant :P)

We were practically told this, and we all know how that ended up.

Zelda_Space_World--article_image.jpg

I thought this was supposed to be a Tech Demo from the beginning? Like what happened with this:

ZeldaWiiU.gif

ZeldaWiiU.gif

I won't lie. I'd still love this game, and generally think it looks better than what they've come up with.

Malon! He helped her with those jugs in her bedroom, spilt some milk and went of half cock to fight Gannon and failed

Wow, this video is amazing. I can't believe all the detail they found in the background when they enhanced it.

* Lookout tower

* Ravine (that IGN understandably thought was a waterfall)

* Hyrule Castle!

I wasn't saying Zelda should be the main character because the series is called The Legend of Zelda. The fact it's called that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I was saying, for once, let the series almost poke fun at its title and just call itself that, and give us that.

(Ok it's hard to explain what I meant :P)

I mean it more about what they were coming out with.

IGN's rewind theatre could learn a lot from these guys, amazing work once again.

I was waiting for them to do this. I'll watch it later & see if they noticed anything that I didn't. The football is on at the minute.

I'll watch it later & see if they noticed anything that I didn't

Possibly one or two things :laughing: they didn't notice the "face" in the arrow though, double :laughing:

Even I noticed that watch tower :P

But yeah great analysis when they enhanced the picture.

Seems those arrow types are the ones you need to defeat those enemies then.

Pfffttt..... besides missing the face, they didn't even notice the butterflies. Amateurs! I can exclusively reveal that the next Zelda is called:

The Legend Of Zelda: Butterfly Bottler.

On a serious note though, that clip is perfection. There is 1 flaw, however, it's just nit picking but when Link rounds the corner on the horse(doesn't look like Epona), the shadowing isn't right until he reaches the bridge.