darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

37 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

No idea but I pretty much refuse to watch a video with a thumbnail like that. If they want my click then they shouldn’t plaster their face all over the screen whilst looking like a moron. Just let the title and the content do the talking.

Yes don't you just hate it when YouTube creators look like morons on their thumbnail...

sddefault.jpg

sddefault.jpg

sddefault.jpg

sddefault.jpg

Posting images of a terrible clickbait channel that latches on to any slightly whiff of controversy is just proving his point.

• Like 1

For a second I thought your point was that Jim Sterling IS HoT...

We've never seen them in the same room...

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Cube said:

Posting images of a terrible clickbait channel that latches on to any slightly whiff of controversy is just proving his point.

I totally agree about that terrible channel and how it proves HOT’s point, but Sterling seems to be pretty popular on here.

16 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I totally agree about that terrible channel and how it proves HOT’s point, but Sterling seems to be pretty popular on here.

It seems to be what a lot of content on YouTube in general veers towards these days, it's also partly why I hardly watch any videogame content on YT these days, except for channels which I'm either genuinely interested in, or invested in them, (non-financially) in terms of them mostly being independent channels, such as N-Europe's channel (which is regularly updated with the podcast) Old Nintendo Gamer & Son (Lee's channel, which has great regular Nintendo content) and Retro Faith, because there's lots of great Sega content on there, retro news and interviews with different people, including some industry veterans.

But when it comes to big YouTube channels, such as the one posted above, yes, I used to post those videos on the forums, and I did find some elements of them entertaining, for a time, but it's not hard to see through them, and other content creators, because even though they serve a purpose, and have their good and bad points, I think it comes down to the energy that they draw from, they get a lot of attention already... and as the saying goes... "energy flows, where attention goes" so it's probably best not to post them, unless they really happened to have something profound to say, which hasn't been said before.

Perhaps a thread-rip is in order at this point? As while it is an interesting thread of conversation, we're quickly getting away from the topic. :smile:

- - - - -

Regarding the game, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild... it's a great title, outstanding in some ways, while lacking in some places, the overall impression I got from the expansive world, was nothing short of breath-taking at the time when I played it, when comparing it to previous entries, and I still believe that it's a title which is worth its many accolades, for its time of release, despite the lack of any classic Zelda dungeons, and the story, which the recently released Hyrule Warriors sequel seemed to remedy somewhat.

The best thing about the latest mainline Zelda game, is that it still finds ways to surprise players, even more than four years on from its release, not that many modern-day titles seem to have that effect, at least not in the same way. Personally, I haven't been back to the game in many years, but if I were to load it up now, I'm sure that I'd find something interesting which I didn't know was possible, back when I first 'completed it' shortly after the Switch launched.

There's certainly plenty that I could choose to do in the game, I didn't bother with any of the four guardians, for one thing, there are loads of sidequests which I never investigated, places on the map where I've likely never been, and obviously loads of Korok seeds to find, even if the reward for getting them all, isn't worth the effort... which I know, is the point of it. :D

Indeed, if I was still more interested in gaming in general, Breath of the Wild is one of those titles, I could still see myself going back to, but as it stands, I've become steadily less interested in a lot of aspects of gaming, particularly when it comes to modern games, but I'm still grateful for the experience of playing every main game in the Zelda series, and that will never change. :peace:

• Like 4

I can only see bits of the conversation here and so assume it’s something to do with Jim Sterling videos, someone who I haven’t watched in quite a while. In fact, if the JS thread is checked, the last thing I posted there was his CP music video back in December and even then I say I haven’t watched him in a while.

It came down to me trying to cut out negative influences in my life. I appreciate the messages he was trying to get across but a lot of videos were just a stream of negativity. It’s why I’m more selective about what gaming videos I watch, the type of everyday news that I watch, spend a lot less time on places like Era and have even hit the ignore button on here at the start of the year ( sorry, Ronnie ), hence me only seeing bits of this convo. It’s an attempt to make things happier and more positive for myself this year. 

So, yeah, dem Zelda games, huh? :D 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It came down to me trying to cut out negative influences in my life..

If you can still read this, I'm touched :laughing:

I've noticed your absence in the N-E Café thread recently, though, so I'm guessing that got cut!

Stay positive :smile:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nekunando said:

If you can still read this, I'm touched :laughing:

I've noticed your absence in the N-E Café thread recently, though, so I'm guessing that got cut!

Stay positive :smile:

I can still see you. :) 

Yeah, you are correct when saying I've dropped the podcast but not for the reasons I mentioned. 

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

I can still see you. :) 

Yeah, you are correct when saying I've dropped the podcast but not for the reasons I mentioned. 

Who are you talking to? I just see a blank quote box :wtf:

• Haha 3

Interesting, but I can’t understand how they did it. 

Want to try it for yourself? Here’s A.xk’s instructions:

New item hold glitch

Camera

Item hold

Item hold cancel

I mean what does that mean?

Wowsers, could you imagine playing through it like this?! :eek:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kav said:

Wowsers, could you imagine playing through it like this?! :eek:

Sure, never on a Nintendo device, though :p

(and if it was a different game :p)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

HAHAHAHA

Anyway, awesome video @Kav the art-style holds up really well!

• Like 1