NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

I can't say I care too much about the graphical style, but I would like a more narrative-driven approach. They've started stretching at the edges of conventional Zelda storylines lately, but I'd like to see something more... epic maybe? I don't know, but I don't want to feel like I've heard it all before.

I can't say I care too much about the graphical style, but I would like a more narrative-driven approach. They've started stretching at the edges of conventional Zelda storylines lately, but I'd like to see something more... epic maybe? I don't know, but I don't want to feel like I've heard it all before.

Yeah... I think a MM style game - a storyline unrelated to the legend/triforce/sages etc - would do the trick.

Zelda's Temple of Time, Rebuilt in Unreal Engine 4

The Wii U might not get as many Unreal Engine 4 games as we'd like, and so animator Michael Eurek thought it would be a great idea to recreate the Temple of Time from the Legend of Zelda games, just to show how good an HD Zelda game would look like in 2014.

It took him 6 months using Maya, Z-brush and Photoshop, capturing the results in UE4.

http://kotaku.com/zeldas-temple-of-time-rebuilt-in-unreal-engine-4-1572303222?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Not sure if I put that video in correctly as I've never linked a Vimeo video before.

Leaked E3 2014 Wii U Legend of Zelda INFO

Information from the new Legend of Zelda title for Wii U has been leaked through a very reliable source from Nintendo.

All of this info will be presented and shown to the public officially during Nintendo's new Digital Event format during E3.

~Keeping in line with A Link Between Worlds, the new title will take several liberties with what has become the traditional Zelda "format".

~Taking inspiration from the original Legend of Zelda, exploration will become centerpiece with hundreds of secrets -- of all sizes and varieties -- throughout the game.

~Keeping in line with this, the gameplay will be highly variable -- with some main items being found not only in dungeons, but also in shops, the field, and in trade sequences. Some items can also be found in multiple different ways, meaning many players will find themselves with completely different arsenals at different points in the game.

~Every item will have multiple upgrades as well, and these upgrades are also available at many different points and places in the game.

~There will be hundreds of sidequests that will accompany many of these items and item upgrades. They range from the more personal variety and sometimes questline like found in Majora's Mask, to the simpler, minigame esque type found throughout the series.

~The game will make ample use of the Wii U gamepad and, because of this, return to the traditional analog stick control format rather than the Wii Motion Plus.

~The game has been described as a tribute to the entire legacy of the Legend of Zelda series; a tribute that pays homage to every Zelda game before it in its gameplay, characters, and atmosphere, yet one that redefines the series in a way that only a game of this caliber can.

~The art style does not strictly follow the 2011 tech demo, but it is obvious that it was definitely an inspiration. Link is a good bit taller, as well as a little older than he appeared in the demo. Many of the areas of the game will be very dark (yet not as "washed out" as Twilight Princess), but there will be very dark (yet not as "washed out" as Twilight Princess), but there will also be very vibrant areas that scream Wind Waker and Skyward Sword influence.

~The game will have well over 150 hours of gameplay and much more than anyone needs in replay value with its aforementioned, new gamplay format.

~It will be demoed extensively by Nintendo's Treehouse division during their E3 livestream.

~The game was at one point going to just be titled The Legend of Zelda, but it was out of my source's knowledge whether this name became final.

~Just as A Link Between Worlds was released the Holiday season it was officially unveiled, The Legend of Zelda Wii U will follow suite, releasing Holiday 2014.

This will all be officially announced on June, 10 2014.

Source: http://www.bubblews.com/news/3196544-leaked-e3-2014-wii-u-legend-of-zelda-info

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=182675

Edited by Wii

The Temple of Time stuff looks so dull, lifeless and un-Nintendo. The variation in the tech demo from 2011 looks so much better. Not that it's bad. It's clearly very detailed, but it's just so un-Zelda.

As for the leaked info, I never trust it. Almost always complete bull, and this is just mostly stating vague statements that have a high probability of being true.

Edited by Serebii

The Temple of Time stuff looks so dull, lifeless and un-Nintendo. The variation in the tech demo from 2011 looks so much better. Not that it's bad. It's clearly very detailed, but it's just so un-Zelda.

As for the leaked info, I never trust it. Almost always complete bull, and this is just mostly stating vague statements that have a high probability of being true.

Well it's running on an engine but without a proper art style to go. That type of graphical fidelity with Nintendo's incredible art style's are going to make this E3 the best in years :heh:

If Zelda Wii U comes out this fall I'd eat my own ears.

Exactly, that release date gives it away as fake. When is the last time Nintendo unveiled a Zelda game a mere 6 months before its release? It would be great for the Wii U's prospect to have it out by Christmas but it's not going to happen

Exactly, that release date gives it away as fake. When is the last time Nintendo unveiled a Zelda game a mere 6 months before its release? It would be great for the Wii U's prospect to have it out by Christmas but it's not going to happen

Remember, it was going to be shown last year but was pulled at the last moment. There's a quote from Aonuma where he said he wanted to show it later in the year but decided to focus on ALBW, and then he said it would definitely be at E3. It's clearly far along if they wanted to show it off 12 months ago. Also, SS came out in 2011...If they announced it for this winter I wouldn't be too surprised.

~The art style does not strictly follow the 2011 tech demo, but it is obvious that it was definitely an inspiration. Link is a good bit taller, as well as a little older than he appeared in the demo. Many of the areas of the game will be very dark (yet not as "washed out" as Twilight Princess), but there will be very dark (yet not as "washed out" as Twilight Princess), but there will also be very vibrant areas that scream Wind Waker and Skyward Sword influence.

That's the definition of "hedging your bets". :heh:

That's the definition of "hedging your bets". :heh:

I heard the overworld is similar to Wind Waker's whilst also being inspired by other Zelda games like Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess.

LOL @ that "leaked" rubbish. A stunning ability to type out a dozen paragraphs, but say absolutely nothing.

That leaked info is just a compilation of what fans have been asking for, combined with just about every Zelda variable so that it covers all bases :p

That's just everything Aonuma has said so far, plus some outrageous statements to make people excited (150 hours of gameplay?).

Do the 150 hours of gameplay include drawing silly pictures and posting on Miiverse?

Do the 150 hours of gameplay include drawing silly pictures and posting on Miiverse?

That's 125 hours Miiverse, 20 hours fishing.

Hmmmm, everywhere around the web, the name "Shard of Nightmare" seems to appear.

Gaming-sites mindlessly copying each other and not more than a rumour or could this be the real title?

Anyway, the name gives of a nice Majora vibe to me :)

E3 can't come soon enough! ::yay:

I laughed.

Makes me appreciate that I can't get my WiiU online reliably where I live. The rare moments I do get my WiiU online, I spend most of my gaming making posts.

Don't buy the Autumn release date one bit.

I can't see a new Zelda game coming out this side of the Christmas period, maybe by March 2015 at the earliest really. Autumn doesn't sound right

I can't see a new Zelda game coming out this side of the Christmas period, maybe by March 2015 at the earliest really. Autumn doesn't sound right

Don't console Zelda games usually come out during autumn? Plus, Skyward Sword is already three years old and was supposed to be shown during last years E3. It's about time if you ask me.

Zelda never coming out this year....no doubt it my mind that the dynasty warriors game is our Zelda game for this year.