NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

I hated Skyward Sword, think I stopped playing half way through the third fight with The Imprisoned. I literally just thought "why the fuck am I doing this same shit boss for the third time, when I didn't even enjoy it the other times" and then stopped playing it.

The motion controls were okay for the sword fights but flying those stupid birds and swimming with motion controls instead of just using the analogue stick really annoyed me.

Definitely my least favourite Zelda game I have played (and that includes Phantom Hourglass which was also pretty garbage...)

I stopped playing half way through the third fight with The Imprisoned. I literally just thought "why the fuck am I doing this same shit boss for the third time, when I didn't even enjoy it the other times" and then stopped playing it.

Thats exactly where I stopped, when the thing sprouted wings and the process to defeat it just got even more annoying.

Anyone know when the review embargoes will lift?

Still waiting on official details and it's possible other regions will be different, but let's just say copies haven't gone out yet and are unlikely to soon.

Fingers crossed for a HD re-release of Skyward Sword on Switch without the horrific motion controls.

Fingers crossed for a HD re-release of Skyward Sword on Switch without the horrific motion controls.

That still won't inspire me to play it again lol - they would have to do a WW HD style triforce hunt reduction to the imprisoned battles and cut those sacred realm tear hunts altogether.

That still won't inspire me to play it again lol - they would have to do a WW HD style triforce hunt reduction to the imprisoned battles and cut those sacred realm tear hunts altogether.

The Sacred Realm sections are some of my favourite bits! Incredibly tense and a great test of your knowledge of the area!

Not to mention the game would have to be completely redesigned if motion controls were dropped.

The Sacred Realm sections are some of my favourite bits! Incredibly tense and a great test of your knowledge of the area!

Not to mention the game would have to be completely redesigned if motion controls were dropped.

Hmm, I can understand that. I guess from a level design perspective those sections do require you to master the location... I just hated the feeling of my progression being held back by a collection game... Three times. Those parts felt monotonous in TP too.

Edited by King_V

SUDDENLY, DLC!

Starting when the game launches on 3rd March, players will be able to purchase an Expansion Pass for £17.99/€19.99, granting access to two new sets of downloadable content for the game when they become available later this year. Immediately upon pre-purchase or purchase of the Expansion Pass, three new Treasure Chests will appear in the game’s Great Plateau area. One of these Treasure Chests will contain a shirt with a Nintendo Switch logo which Link can wear during his adventure, exclusive to the Expansion Pass. The other two Treasure Chests will deliver useful items. The first content pack is scheduled to launch this summer and will include the addition of a Cave of Trials challenge, a new hard mode and a new feature for the in-game map. The second content pack will launch in Holiday 2017, and adds new challenges that will let players enjoy a new dungeon and a new original story. The Expansion Pass will be available for both the Nintendo Switch and Wii U versions of the game and are identical. Content packs cannot be purchased individually.

I don't know how I feel about this...

Season pass and DLC...

[tweet]831488365602209793[/tweet]

EDIT: just beaten to it, haha.

I'm in two minds.

First, "Yay more support"

Second, what the frak? DLC? Really??

I find it funny that even if you get the WiiU version, you're still forced to get the Switch shirt.

I see what you're up to, Ninty.

Details for those that don't want to click a link:

Starting when the game launches on 3rd March, players will be able to purchase an Expansion Pass for £17.99, granting access to two new sets of downloadable content for the game when they become available later this year. Immediately upon pre-purchase or purchase of the Expansion Pass, three new treasure chests will appear in the game’s Great Plateau area. One of these treasure chests will contain a shirt with a Nintendo Switch logo which Link can wear during his adventure, exclusive to the Expansion Pass. The other two will deliver useful items. The first content pack is scheduled to launch this summer and will include the addition of a Cave of Trials challenge, a new hard mode and a new feature for the in-game map. The second content pack will launch in Holiday 2017, and adds new challenges that will let players enjoy a new dungeon and a new original story. The Expansion Pass will be available for both the Nintendo Switch and Wii U versions of the game and are identical. Content packs cannot be purchased individually.

My favourite is this very self-aware bit: "One of these treasure chests will contain a shirt with a Nintendo Switch logo which Link can wear during his adventure, exclusive to the Expansion Pass. The other two will deliver useful items."

I'm happy the treasure chests only appear after you buy or pre-purchase the pass. You dont want it like Assassin's Creed Unity where there were just loads of chests straight away that you couldnt access until you paid more money.

locking a new hard mode behind a paywall is not right!

Wasnt that done in the Twilight Princess remaster? Just with Amiibos?

I suddenly want to ruin every scene in this game by wearing the Switch shirt.

Especially that scene from the trailer with Zelda crying.

"Yeah, I get you're all sad and all, but have you got a Switch yet?"

And now I've sold myself on the DLC.

I can just picture all the posts I can make for Miiver...

Oh...

C4oNGk5WQAAlghT.jpg

For people who don't want to read paragraphs or watch videos

Meh, that's still too much reading.

Can someone break it down further?

I wonder if the new story will let us play as Zelda, if they're worried about releasing a whole game about that, a bit of DLC would be the way to go to test things out.

New challenges sounds like extra shrines in addition to the new dungeon.