NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Amazon.fr have the grey one available at 300 euro's. You'd need an address for delivery in France though. and to then arrange to collect it :D

I missed out on the 340 euros with Zelda (almost biting price for me) but I'm hoping for a £250 with game price before I go for it!

Amazon.fr have the grey one available at 300 euro's. You'd need an address for delivery in France though. and to then arrange to collect it :D

I missed out on the 340 euros with Zelda (almost biting price for me) but I'm hoping for a £250 with game price before I go for it!

You'll probably be waiting until September/Christmas for such a fall, but fair enough, you've stuck to your guns!

You'll probably be waiting until September/Christmas for such a fall, but fair enough, you've stuck to your guns!

I may not even be looking for one that early. November 2018 is my hold out date.. I can say I've stuck to my guns if I don't have it by that date :D

I'm fairly confident I can find a good deal by then, and there should be a compelling library of games too :)

I may not even be looking for one that early. November 2018 is my hold out date.. I can say I've stuck to my guns if I don't have it by that date :D

I'm fairly confident I can find a good deal by then, and there should be a compelling library of games too :)

hqdefault.jpg

Holiday 2018 has the potential to be a glorious time to own a Switch.

hqdefault.jpg

Holiday 2018 has the potential to be a glorious time to own a Switch.

haha, the main reason I have that date is so my Wii U is 5 years old when it is replaced :P

But yeah, advantage on the cost front, and in the even of a drought of games I am protected (I haven't had issues with the Wii U because I picked it up late so always had a good enough back library in times of drought... and there were a good number of bargains too!)

Yep, there's spoilers galore out there at the moment. It's getting very hard to resist...

Anyone know when the review embargoes will lift?

I'd imagine @Ashley or one of the reviewers might have a good idea?

Anyone know when the review embargoes will lift?

I'd imagine @Ashley or one of the reviewers might have a good idea?

In the absence of anything concrete, I've had a look at what happened with Skyward Sword. The release dates were as follows:

18 Nov 2011 (JP/EU)

20 Nov 2011 (US)

The earliest review I could find was IGN's, which published it on 11 Nov - seven days before the Japanese/European release. Assuming most reviewers are going to give it decent scores (thus it won't fall under the "no review until release day" rule), I predict the first Breath of the Wild reviews will roll in one week before release, which should be 24 February.

So Game Informer have exclusive access, and they've played it a lot; I refuse to listen to there 2 hour analysis, but I read a few highlights. Best things are that it's meant to look stunning, feels really dense with loads to do (everyone biggest worry) and still has the Nintendo polish despite being a huge open world game.

Can we last 3 weeks without knowing anything!?!

I'm waiting for reviews as well, as I want to know whether the WiiU version has frame rate drops or not.

Is anyone else a little worried that this somehow won't be as good as we want or expect it to be..? :eek:

I think I may have missed the boat on trying to squeeze in Twilight Princess HD before Switch comes out as I can't see me having time to fit it in.. plus I don't want to go straight from one Zelda into the next!

Is anyone else a little worried that this somehow won't be as good as we want or expect it to be..? :eek:

It probably won't, but it looks like its heart's in the right place. BotW will probably be the technical zenith of the series, but whether it actually has the magic of Wind Waker is less certain.

I can't see myself being too harsh on it, as long as it plays well.

It probably won't, but it looks like its heart's in the right place. BotW will probably be the technical zenith of the series, but whether it actually has the magic of Wind Waker is less certain.

I can't see myself being too harsh on it, as long as it plays well.

Yeah, its very easy to be skeptical - for me Skyward Sword was an all time low for the series, the only Zelda I could not be bothered to complete.

But the world in BOTW is looking as its recapturing the vigour of Wind Waker in the sense of having a large world to traverse - something sorely missing from SS and less functional in TP.

I just hope the storyline is not too lazy, as in the age old Ganondorf breaking free from imprisonment and being the final boss. Infact, I've always wanted to see Ganondorf star as a sort of anti-hero, similar to a character like Vegeta. Or an incarnation of Ganondorf who is just.

Yeah, its very easy to be skeptical - for me Skyward Sword was an all time low for the series, the only Zelda I could not be bothered to complete.

But the world in BOTW is looking as its recapturing the vigour of Wind Waker in the sense of having a large world to traverse - something sorely missing from SS and less functional in TP.

I just hope the storyline is not too lazy, as in the age old Ganondorf breaking free from imprisonment and being the final boss. Infact, I've always wanted to see Ganondorf star as a sort of anti-hero, similar to a character like Vegeta. Or an incarnation of Ganondorf who is just.

Skyward Sword is actually one of my favourites and I couldn't put it down from start to finish :hehe: I'd love to play through it again but it's so difficult to find time to play everything!

Skyward Sword is actually one of my favourites and I couldn't put it down from start to finish :hehe: I'd love to play through it again but it's so difficult to find time to play everything!

Ok, what do you like about SS?

Key issues I had were:

Too much repetition - Battles with the Imprisoned, tears hunt, Ghirahim battles, back-tracking.

Disconnected and barren world.

Motion controls.

Fi and the hand-holding.

...Oh and DOWSING! :shakehead

Edited by King_V

The story. Motion controls and art styles were enough for me to love it. Plus even though it was so fragmented and fi was the most annoying character in video games, it was still Zelda - awesome puzzles, awesome bosses.

The story. Motion controls and art styles were enough for me to love it. Plus even though it was so fragmented and fi was the most annoying character in video games, it was still Zelda - awesome puzzles, awesome bosses.

Summed up perfectly for me too, probably my 3rd favourite Zelda behind Ocarina and TP.

Ok, what do you like about SS?

Key issues I had were:

Too much repetition - Battles with the Imprisoned, tears hunt, Ghirahim battles, back-tracking.

Disconnected and barren world.

Motion controls.

Fi and the hand-holding.

...Oh and DOWSING! :shakehead

It's been a while since I played it but I just know that I had an incredible time from start to finish and loved the controls :love:

The criticisms and frustrations others had with the game didn't seem to bother me when I played it :smile:

It's a lot better than A Link to the Past :yay:

That's true. I stopped expecting every console Zelda to be a 10/10; so much so that I actually wouldn't be disappointed at a bad one any more. This, however, does look great. Every clue we have suggests everything is right about it.

That's true. I stopped expecting every console Zelda to be a 10/10; so much so that I actually wouldn't be disappointed at a bad one any more. This, however, does look great. Every clue we have suggests everything is right about it.

As well as the towns they have shown already in BOTW which currently surpasses WW iirc and looks to be in-line with OOT. I think the flora and fauna present in BOTW was an ingenious addition to make the traditionally barren overworld more open to adventure. A massive step up from collecting skulltulas and bugs/poes etc.

In fact one of the first things I'll be wasting my time doing is hunting for new foods and discovering their effects as well as observing the natural weather cycle and scenery...:love:

It's been a while since I played it but I just know that I had an incredible time from start to finish and loved the controls :love:

The criticisms and frustrations others had with the game didn't seem to bother me when I played it :smile:

It's a lot better than A Link to the Past :yay:

I did like the setting in Skyloft and sailing the sand-sea was pure magic! With that soothing oboe music. Definitely brought a tear to the eye. The time-shift elements were also genious.

Speaking of LttP, that game as well as the Oracle ones and Minish Cap I would love to play on Switch (haven't really played them properly)

Where best to pre order this for launch?

Done mine on Shopto with Switch and 1 2 Switch... Have never let me down of my games.