NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Bought the DLC a couple of days ago in anticipation of downloading tomorrow, only to be sent a review code for it today, which I wasn't expecting as Nintendo has never sent me DLC before!

If anyone hasn't yet bought it yet for the Switch and would like to buy the code off me, send me a PM! I'll even give it to you for £15 rather than the actual price of £17.99. 

I might! Let me think about it :hehe:

• Like 1

@dwarf I bought one of the cheap knockoff versions of the Pro Controller from Amazon and it worked just fine, possibly worth a look?

Just realised the stick placement is the same as the tablet pad. Whyyyyyyy?

You still using yours @Happenstance ?

Edited by dwarf

No my Wii U has been packed away and most of my games sold now. Not actually sure where the controller is.

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

No my Wii U has been packed away and most of my games sold now. Not actually sure where the controller is.

If you can find it and it's not getting any use, can I pinch it off you for a tenner? Did we done business before?

If that's too much hassle no qualms.

1 minute ago, dwarf said:

If you can find it and it's not getting any use, can I pinch it off you for a tenner? Did we done business before?

If that's too much hassle no qualms.

I'll take a look tomorrow to see if I can find it for you. I wouldn't be able to send it until Monday though so if you are looking for one quicker the one I bought is only £15.99 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wii-Pro-Controller-SuperStore-Electronics-Wireless/dp/B01J7ONPQU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1498774130&sr=8-3&keywords=Wii+u+controller

12 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I'll take a look tomorrow to see if I can find it for you. I wouldn't be able to send it until Monday though so if you are looking for one quicker the one I bought is only £15.99 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wii-Pro-Controller-SuperStore-Electronics-Wireless/dp/B01J7ONPQU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1498774130&sr=8-3&keywords=Wii+u+controller

That would be cool, away this weekend anyway. Let me know.

On topic: Loving the game. Full of surprises, and I've barely scratched the surface.

Is the Trial of the Sword worth getting the DLC for now or should I just wait for Pack 2? Anyone completed it yet?

I don't think it releases until 5PM today. So we'll see when it releases.

Still haven't been able to get my DLC-chests after my Switch was repaired and the savefile got deleted by Nintendo. I'm hoping everything works out, but I have this feeling that I won't be able to get my DLC later today :P

On 6/29/2017 at 2:02 AM, dwarf said:

that omniscient voice when I didn't immediately run to the objective upon leaving the resurrection shrine (is there any way to turn off those obtrusive notifications?)

I don't even remember any notifications like this :blank: if there are any they certainly don't last after the "intro" area.

14 hours ago, Mike said:

Bought the DLC a couple of days ago in anticipation of downloading tomorrow, only to be sent a review code for it today, which I wasn't expecting as Nintendo has never sent me DLC before!

If anyone hasn't yet bought it yet for the Switch and would like to buy the code off me, send me a PM! I'll even give it to you for £15 rather than the actual price of £17.99. 

I'll take it if it hasn't gone!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

I don't think it releases until 5PM today. So we'll see when it releases.

I think it's out now... anyone confirm?

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

I don't even remember any notifications like this :blank: if there are any they certainly don't last after the "intro" area.

When I left the shrine and decided to climb a few trees, test out Link's movement, and generally dawdle, Zelda's voice came in with a pop-up box urging me to hurry to the waypoint. Haven't seen any of those since thankfully.

Edited by dwarf

Oh right. That's the only time in the game that happens. It doesn't matter if you know where to go or if you go in a completely different direction. It happens after a set time.

Yeah that's what I gathered after playing more. Was having unwelcome Navi flashbacks when I saw it.

It feels like this game has borrowed the best design choices from a wealth of the best games, including Shadow of the Colossus and even Portal (going by the shrines) and yet it still feels totally unique as well as Zelda-like. There isn't a more immersive open world game out there. The craft is staggering. It goes without saying, but only Nintendo could've made this, and not for the simple reason that they own the rights.

As Bard was saying to me, it's just baffling how they could've pulled off the open world thing the first time they tried it. Or have they said they've thrown out/retuned several similar iterations of the game before they arrived at this? 

3 things:

Love Link's running animation

Why can't I roll bombs down hills in every game I play now?

Can Link/Zelda/the series be put back in the box after this? 

Edited by dwarf
  • Like 1

Woah, Hero's path is amazing, I've missed a ridiculous amount of places, and I've played over 165 hours!

1 hour ago, dazzybee said:

I'll take it if it hasn't gone!

Sold! Check your PMs. :)

Trial of the Sword is a lot harder than I thought it'd be. I just got wasted by a Lizalfos arrow which took most of my health

Jesus... All my problems with the DLC was my doing :P. I forgot to go into the eShop and redownload the DLC. Jeez. Got the DLC installed, and I'm currently looking for the new DLC outfits. Looking pretty good so far, for a costume nut like me :D.

21 hours ago, dwarf said:

That would be cool, away this weekend anyway. Let me know.

On topic: Loving the game. Full of surprises, and I've barely scratched the surface.

Sorry @dwarf no sign of the controller. I cant think where I stored it away. I don't think I traded it in....

11 hours ago, dwarf said:

When I left the shrine and decided to climb a few trees, test out Link's movement, and generally dawdle, Zelda's voice came in with a pop-up box urging me to hurry to the waypoint. Haven't seen any of those since thankfully.

I forgot all about those.. You get these on the plateau, after that you're technically free to do anything including taking on Ganon, but I vaguely remember being guided towards Kakariko village for some other early main quests. I went there anyway, it's actually handy to get those done early as you upgrade your Sheikah tablet. Anyway, for me that's over 3 months ago.

zelda_not_a_horse_1.png

I stopped playing for some time a while ago.. Because of film festivals and whatnot. Started playing a week ago, from where I left of, which wasn't long after defeating the Rito divine beast. I went there because I wanted to fully explore the Hebra region, but that wasn't practical without the Rito outfit. Anyway, so that what I did first.. Exploring the Hebra region. Visited various shrines, including a (literally) cool one in a cave with one of those Leviathan skeletons. Took me a while to find the entrance, as the Sheikah sensor kept beeping all around that mountain. It goes without saying a found a bunch of Koroks as well. Also did the shieldsurf race.. Was surprised as Selmie wasn't impresed with my time on the beginners course, but apparently I broke her record on the advanced course in one attempt.

Next was the final region I had to uncover on my map: the Ridgeland region. Took the long road, In the Hebra region, I went back to the start of that long canyon, and followed it all the way to the end (visiting a shrine and finding multiple Koroks along the way), climbed back up and visitied the stable. Climbed on top of the smaller mountain so I could fly to the base of the tower there, which was much easier than dealing with multiple Lizalfos and Wizzrobes on the water (I fly and climb really everywhere). Visited several shrines. Explored Satori mountain, waiting for the blue light to appear. That mountain has a shitload of ingredients, good for getting missing pics. At one point I was spoilt for choice at what to do, the blue light appeared, so I wanted to run back to the top of the mountain, but I also saw a falling star, and I usually drop everything I do to race towards that star fragment. It also happened to be a bloodmoon night, so i was also in a position to check out that notorious bloodmoon shrine.. Since I was able to do both of the latter two, I left the star fragment for what it was, and went to the top of the mountain to take a pic, and fly off the mountain towards the shrine. The bloodmoon cutscene happened while I was flying over there, but you still have a window to enter it afterwards. So I got lucky and got in the shrine with no trouble.

Currently I'm doing another tour of Hyrule, in order to fulfill some sidequests, before I head to the last region I have yet to fully explore: the Gerudo region, where the last divine beast awaits. At the moment I'm in the Akkala region, checking up on Tarrey town, and it's almost finished. I visited the Lost woods on the way, to finish the riddles sidequest (after I accidentally got the electric fish I needed.. From an Octoroc). I'm heading to Zor's domain next. I already know I can find the last person for Tarrey Town there, and I apparently missed a sidequest there. I need to check up on the love letter sidequest. Then I'll head over to Kakariko village as I have found all the memories. I think I'll be skipping Hateno village for now, as I still don't have a Duplex bow needed for that kid. After that it's the Gerudo region..

And then there's the dlc stuff (which is the first thing I did in Zelda, buying the season pass). I already passed the Lost Woods, but I think I'll save the trials for after the last divine beast anyway. I'll probably get the outfits, though I don't really care for them. Although funny, they're a bit immersion breaking, just like the Switch shirt. The hero trail is handy though. This is what mine looks like after 185 hours:

zelda_map_trail_1.png

It's good to get a confirmation that I was thorough exploring certain areas..

zelda_map_trail_2.png

I don't think it's entirely accurate though.. I see multiple deadends eventhough I used fast travel exactly once in my canon playthough.. I suspect it also records trails of autosaves even if you don't end up permanently saving it.

I've made a bunch of screencaptures again, I stopped doing those as the album doesn't allow filtering on account, so both my screenshots as well as my brothers were all there. Something Nintendo needs to fix. But as he stopped doing them as well.. Anyway, I'll post the better ones here at some point. I'll leave you with the follow up to the first image in this post (spoilered, it's the blue Lord).

Spoiler

zelda_not_a_horse_2.png

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 2

Loving the DLC so far. Got the Korok mask and the medallion that lets you teleport. Got my arse kicked in the trials on only the 3 or 4 room. I still have a few shrines to get but so far this is,quite easily one of the best games I've ever played.