NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Is it not 30 hearts max? I've got 20-something and max stamina with 9 Shrines left to find and currently holding 3 Orbs.

Is it not 30 hearts max? I've got 20-something and max stamina with 9 Shrines left to find and currently holding 3 Orbs.

Yeah, it's 30 maximum hearts. I have 3 Stamina wheels (max) and 27 hearts after everything.

Bizarre that you only short by 3 hearts after maxing everything. Why not allow you to max both?

Did the battle with Ganon couple of days ago, 145+ hours, all 120 Shrines, max hearts, 2 and 2/5 stamina wheels. Several armour sets maxed (still a few to do though) and 202 Korok seeds

LOVED every moment of this game, the final battles were epic (though I had hoped for one more phase)

I'll probably give a longer post later when have more time with more detail and thoughts and a few things I would have liked to see which hopefully happen in the DLC

Bizarre that you only short by 3 hearts after maxing everything. Why not allow you to max both?

To sell DLC to perfectionists? :p

It's stuff like this that makes the game shine for me (and also why I don't mind weapons breaking)...

[tweet]857263008304607233[/tweet]

I did not know you could do that with them! damn there is something new all the time

Is it 30 hearts Max? i couldn't remember at work and assumed its the usual 20 max

Just paused to come here and say... how beautiful is the Rito Village area!!

I did not know you could do that with them! damn there is something new all the time

Is it 30 hearts Max? i couldn't remember at work and assumed its the usual 20 max

Neither did, I've never even used a balloon in this game! I'm about 80+ hours in and I still feel there's so much I've not seen.

I believe there's 30 hearts max but if you max your stamina first you can only get 27 hearts.

I just competed the "From the ground up" side quest. Have to say that was one of the better and rewarding side quests in the game.

Clocked in over 130 and still enjoying this.

This game is god-tier!

[tweet]858065797960183808[/tweet]

Well guys, finally got my Switch back from service! Started up Zelda, and now, here's the fun part....

C-moKsGVwAAHxTJ.jpg

I'm back at square one!

I had every legendary horse, every Shrine, every Beast, the sword, every fairy, lvl 4 clothes and 110 hours worth of play time...

All of it, deleted and not recoverable. Gee, thanks Nintendo, cant wait to play 4.5 days again. Yeah I'm angry. Get your cloud saves fixed or get out.

In that case you may want to wait for the dlc to make the experience fresh again. That's tough. For now you could try to speedrun it, while playing other games..

Well guys, finally got my Switch back from service! Started up Zelda, and now, here's the fun part....

C-moKsGVwAAHxTJ.jpg

I'm back at square one!

I had every legendary horse, every Shrine, every Beast, the sword, every fairy, lvl 4 clothes and 110 hours worth of play time...

All of it, deleted and not recoverable. Gee, thanks Nintendo, cant wait to play 4.5 days again. Yeah I'm angry. Get your cloud saves fixed or get out.

Aw man, I'm gutted for you. :(

What exactly was wrong with your Switch that you had to send it in?

I'm thinking that if anything went really wrong with mine - so far just negative colours briefly after playing Mario Kart - it would have to be unplayable for me to consider sending it in knowing that they would delete everything. :hmm:

System transfers and cloud saves really need to be sorted out asap or even just a way to backup data locally. :sad:

Got the (hopefully) rare error code 2153-0321, wich makes the system freeze without a headset plugged in. So no docked TV sound. Wich kinda ruins the experience :(. @Sméagol Yeah, i probably should, but I like the game too much. I'm probably gonna start it again, but not as hardcore as the first run. Looking forward to the DLC though.

Nintendo have revealed some details about DLC pack 1:

http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/news/expansion-pass-dlc-pack-1-detailed/

Trial of the Sword

When you get to a certain sacred location, you can take on the new "Trial of the Sword" challenge. Face an onslaught of enemies, one wave after another. Link starts the challenge without any equipment or weapons. When all the enemies in a room are defeated, Link proceeds to the next. Clear all the trials (about 45 rooms in total), and the true power of the Master Sword awakens.

Hero's Path Mode

This new map feature shows the path Link has walked through Hyrule from the last 200 hours of gameplay. Use the time tracker bar to see where you've spent the most time and where you have yet to explore. There's bound to be more adventures and maybe a shrine or two on the road less traveled.

Hard Mode

In Hard Mode, enemies gradually regain health, so take them out as quickly as possible. All enemies are also powered up by one level. For example, Red Bokoblins in Normal mode are now Blue Bokoblins. Enemies can also have higher maximum levels than they would in Normal mode. Look up, and you may also find enemies and treasure chests in the sky!

Travel Medallion

Somewhere in the world, there is a chest with a Travel Medallion inside. When you use this, you can register your current location as a fast travel point on the map. You can only register one location using the Travel Medallion.

More Armor

There are 8 treasure chests placed around Hyrule containing armor themed after previous The Legend of Zelda titles. Watch for tips as to the whereabouts of these chests as you travel around Hyrule.

Korok Mask

The Korok Mask is also hidden in a treasure chest somewhere in the world. While wearing this mask, it shakes whenever Link is near a hidden Korok location. There are 900 Koroks hiding in Hyrule, so this should help you discover quite a few of them.

There is also an update that allows you to change what language the audio is in:

Starting today, players will be able to experience the game in one of nine audio languages [Japanese, English, French (France), French (Canada), German, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), Italian and Russian], with a different language used for on-screen text by downloading a free software update. To enable this feature in the Wii U version of the game, players will need to download a Voice Pack from Nintendo eShop

awesome.

Edited by Helmsly

Also some pictures from the DLC:

05_tinglesoutfit.jpg

05_phantomarmor.jpg

05_midnashelmet.jpg

05_majorasmask.jpg

06_korokmask.jpg

04_travelmedallion.jpg

03_hardmode.jpg

01_trialofthesword.jpg

And Hero's Path in action:

Edited by MindFreak
Automerged Doublepost

I wasn't bothered about the season pass but dat Tingle outfit.....

Chuffed to bits we now have audio options. I started my Switch playthrough over the weekend and will be changing to Japanese audio ASAP.

I'm tackling this playthrough of the game a little differently from my other. Last time I played the game I activated all of the towers as soon as I could and spent a lot of time gliding around to various destinations. This meant that any secrets or shrines that were hid in little nooks I probably missed.

I decided that this time i'm mostly sticking to the ground and only activating the towers if I just happen to be close by. Playing this way I have already encountered a couple of shrines that I didn't find originally.

This was inspired by listening to the RFN guys on their spoiler podcast. It was interesting to hear how their experiences differed due to how they played the game. My original play through seemed to mirror what James was doing, as he also stuck to exploring and moving around via gliding.

Am I the only one who thinks that it's ridiculous that those features detailed above are locked behind a paywall?

Am I the only one who thinks that it's ridiculous that those features detailed above are locked behind a paywall?

The Trails and Hard mode should have been baked into the main game. Both have been in Zelda games before without having to pay extra for them. As for the chests, they seem to be standard for your typical cosmetic DLC.

The Korok thing should have just been in a normal update. While it still helps people find them, I would have preferred a counter on the map telling the player just how many are left in a given area.

Cosmetic DLC, sure. Make you suckers pay :p

But the rest should come in a free update. ::shrug:

Cosmetic DLC, sure. Make you suckers pay :p

But the rest should come in a free update. ::shrug:

I'm not disagreeing.

It's not something that's new to them or this game. The classic Zelda costumes were locked behind an amiibo paywall, most of which you can't even find at the moment.

I'm probably the last person to ask about this, though. I mean, your speaking to a guy who will happily buy all the amiibo Nintendo release. :D

DLC 1 sounds great! Much better than I was expecting. Hero's Path is a brilliant idea, that's what I'm most looking forward to, being able to see any parts of world I may have missed checking out.

I'm not disagreeing.

I know. Didn't mean to imply you were.

It's not something that's new to them or this game.

Sadly, but I guess that's just how it is in this industry these days.

Well, I hope the second DLC will be more worthwhile because I want BotW to be much better and there is a chance that an expansion could do exactly that :)