NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

so weird thing the other day, I had a boomerang sword... went up to the guardian at the tech lab... snuck up while it wasn't facing me, jumped and repeatedly hit it.... it faced away from me and just fired a laser shot each time I hit it... until eventually it blew up.... is that a one off glitch, or do they not like being hit with boomerang swords?

Actually, this happened to me loads. The weapon doesn't matter.

If you hit a Guardian in the right spot (not sure where exactly) you can make it fire a shot.

I once killed another Guardian using this trick.

After clearing the game this afternoon I went back in tonight to see that I have a completion percentage of 14.55% after 55 hours :blank:

After clearing the game this afternoon I went back in tonight to see that I have a completion percentage of 14.55% after 55 hours :blank:

As it happens, I just completed the game this evening, I just checked on the map to see that my completion percentage is 15.38% after over 80 hours of play. :blank:

The best part? I was only going into Hyrule Castle to get the Hylian Shield but because of the route I took, I managed to get all the way to the top without having to fight any of the minibosses and I thought, well I'll just go and have a quick look...

...an hour and a half later and I saw the credits roll. :heh:

It's funny because I didn't even have all the power from all four of the divine beasts - I'm familiar with them though as I've watched a lot of videos during the review period - and that's supposed to make the battle easier by depleting half of the bosses health-bar but well... it seems I like a challenge. :indeed:

At one point during the penultimate encounter I was throwing everything I had at the boss by using stasis + on it during that half second window and then throwing energy at it from the Master Sword when possible after I completely ran out of bows; just as well you get given one for the final encounter otherwise, that could have been awkward. :wink:

I enjoyed the battle, perhaps I only found it a little deflating due to it being more of what we've seen before in Twilight Princess or Ocarina of Time but on a much grander scale at certain points but otherwise it was pretty decent. :D

Now I've just got to go back and beat all of the four divine beasts, locate all the memories, delve into the remaining shrines, complete all the sidequests and find every last sodding Korok... one day perhaps. :blush:

This is definitely a game which I'm going to keep coming back to throughout the life of the Switch, otherwise there's no way that I could even hope for full 100% completion. :shakehead

I am oddly more motivated now than I was before though which is nice, straight after finishing the credits I did go and get the shield after all that, then I went and defeated one of those tougher Lynels like is was nothing. :cool:

This game just keeps on giving and I truly love it even more for all the subtle brilliance on offer, you really do get out what you put in to this tremendous outing in the Zelda series which continues to evolve into something wonderful some thirty years on from the original. :heart:

Edited by S.C.G

The more I read about people's impressions of the game after seeing the credits, the more I dread the inevitable write-up I'm gonna do in the Gaming Diary.

It might end up as more of a debacle than my Final Fantasy 8 one.

Got a little bit fed up of farming to upgrade all clothes, so decided to finish this on Sunday. Done, but not all done.

185 hours

120 Shrines

308 Koroks

48.63% Completion

Masterpiece, you do get out of it what you put in.

Back to finishing a few sidequests and getting those elusive Energetic Rhino Beetles

Do you only get the completion percentage after the credits, or is it located somewhere else?

I checked online to see where to find it after the credits rolled and it was situated in the bottom left section of the map screen. I have no idea if it was there before I beat the game, though.. ::shrug:

This is definitely a game which I'm going to keep coming back to throughout the life of the Switch, otherwise there's no way that I could even hope for full 100% completion. :shakehead

This is definitely a classic that will be remembered well. Even if it doesn't turn out to be the Switch's best game, it's going to be seen as a quintessential game of the system. The idea that I'd spend 2+ months playing a Zelda is a revelation to me; and this is the first time I've ever been tempted to buy DLC.

I am oddly more motivated now than I was before though which is nice, straight after finishing the credits I did go and get the shield after all that, then I went and defeated one of those tougher Lynels like is was nothing. :cool:

Personally, I had a sort of mild anxiety before I'd completed the game to do so as quickly as possible. Breath of the Wild seemed so big and imposing, I wanted to see the credits roll. Now that I've done that, though, I'm really getting to grips with the game's locations and it's becoming an old friend.

Didn't know those things on Thundra Plateau were real trees! Apparently they're Socotra Dragon trees/Dragon Blood trees.

18033337_1877923445796806_7433821651577296492_n.jpg?oh=9b7915bcfdbe651f4d62a8a89e411d52&oe=5993300A

The game is a masterpiece.

I have had to set myself some strict targets as I constantly get distracted en-route to everywhere I go. I'm now focussing on activating all the towers for the foreseeable future, albeit with the odd shrine thrown in. Since my Camel debacle I've now got armour and some extra hearts, already noticed a massive difference when battling.

I did notice that boosting your armour seems the way to go. picking up weapons from enemies I noticed the strength going up and up! trying to figure out on my own how to boost my armour now though, need to go out hunting for goodies and then visit a fairy to upgrade all my armour sets! I'm liking the game more and more, I'll get the DLC if I end up racking up 180 hours!

Just completed the elephant guardian and did it in less than 30 minutes on the first attempt. What a difference to the camel. Armour is so important, plus I used guardian arrows on calamity ganon which did him massive damage.

I've not bothered with the camel for now.. got 3/4 guardians, levelling up armour, searching for fairy fountains and gathering potential armour upgrade items!! how many fountains are there all together? I found two, I guess there is one more atleast...

I've not bothered with the camel for now.. got 3/4 guardians, levelling up armour, searching for fairy fountains and gathering potential armour upgrade items!! how many fountains are there all together? I found two, I guess there is one more atleast...

There's 4.

I've caught a couple horses with outrageous stats, must be amongst the best on the game. One has 4 Strength, 4 Speed and 5 Stamina, the other has 2 Strength, 5 Speed and 3 Stamina. The 5 Speed horse is amazing!

Caught this beauty the other day. 5, 3, 5!

C-BI5lfUIAA6-Yf.jpg

Do you guys actually use horses? Don't seen the point. If there's a large flat expanse you can usually warp across it and I always seemed to be travelling at an angle that a horse could not traverse.

I have two horses: Anus and 1. After Anus I saw no point in putting in effort in naming them.

Do you guys actually use horses? Don't seen the point. If there's a large flat expanse you can usually warp across it and I always seemed to be travelling at an angle that a horse could not traverse.

I have two horses: Anus and 1. After Anus I saw no point in putting in effort in naming them.

In my 30 hours so far with the game I've ridden a horse twice so I'm with ya. I prefer the 'climbing great big mountains and paragliding' approach. Much more rewarding :)

I use horses a fair bit, I tend not to fast-travel much as you never know when you'll come across a Shrine or Korok... but I'll not just use the roads, I'll jump off my horse and climb and explore. Then when I'm next at a stable I'll call that horse back to me there and get back on it. It's much quicker than just running everywhere.

I use a horse fairly frequently, although i haven't for about 20hours now after i couldn't take one in to the desert

I'm on the home stretch, all DB freed and 116 shrines down, these last 4 are being a bitch to find though

I've 10 Shrines to go... don't want the game to end, but I don't care for the Korok seeds, it's just the Shrines that are keeping me from completing it.