NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

My Deluxe Edition guide arrived today. It's huge and surprisingly heavy!

Well after 125 hours, All the memories, 85 shrines, 212 korok seeds I have finally beat Calamity Ganon!

Loved every minute of it... but was exited to see my completion rate post credits: 37.28% !!!

WHAT!!!! That is taking the piss! I can't even think where the extra 62% is coming from?

Well after 125 hours, All the memories, 85 shrines, 212 korok seeds I have finally beat Calamity Ganon!

Loved every minute of it... but was exited to see my completion rate post credits: 37.28% !!!

WHAT!!!! That is taking the piss! I can't even think where the extra 62% is coming from?

Well, there are all those side quests, 120 shrines in total, 900 korok seeds....

I don't really think you need to do all those to get a complete experience from the game though.

Well, there are all those side quests, 120 shrines in total, 900 korok seeds....

I don't really think you need to do all those to get a complete experience from the game though.

NINE FUCKING HUNDRED?!

I've got something like 22 and I'm wondering how close I was.

Well, just pimpsmacked Calamity Ganon*. I'm done for the moment. I hadn't wondered what The Witcher 3 would be like if it was half as good, but at least I know now. I know there's a fuck ton of shrines left but the game just doesn't inspire me to want to explore, the shitty weapons don't make me wanna fight. Especially with Yooka-Laylee out.

*Tales of Zestiria/Beseria made the idea of calling their main villian Calamity stupid first, The Chuckle Brothers et al made it a silly word years ago.

I know there's a fuck ton of shrines left but the game just doesn't inspire me to want to explore, the shitty weapons don't make me wanna fight..

I have been quite relaxed with my exploration in Breath of the Wild, often ignoring the beeping Shrine indicator in the bottom right if the entrance isn't immediately obvious :heh:

I feel like I've done quite a lot and achieved much of what I set out to do but I'm pretty much at the point where I feel ready to take on the final Divine Beast and then head for Hyrule Castle to finish it. If I do that, though, I suspect that will be me done with it..

my main issue is the meal slots... I wish that it wasn't as limited, or there was a way of expanding it. basically elixirs seem useless to me, given that I have limited space. Better create a meal with an effect than waste a meal slot with an elixir that has limited effect on my heart containers. also the fact that effects don't stack. I can understand not mixing effects in preparing meals/elixirs, but if I have a cold resistance elixir with 5 minutes left and I take a cold resistance meal that gives me 3 minutes.. unless it's cold resistance vs heat resistance, sure I understand maybe cancelling out, but a cold resistance meal actually in effect reducing that cold resistance...

anyway, got the bird and elephant, going to try the camel in a bit, and I need to hunt down the lizard. Does the master sword help in the boss battles on the beasts? I've found it but just need to boost my heart container count so I can survive grabbing it!

I have been quite relaxed with my exploration in Breath of the Wild, often ignoring the beeping Shrine indicator in the bottom right if the entrance isn't immediately obvious :heh:

I feel like I've done quite a lot and achieved much of what I set out to do but I'm pretty much at the point where I feel ready to take on the final Divine Beast and then head for Hyrule Castle to finish it. If I do that, though, I suspect that will be me done with it..

Same here, unless I was focused on a specific quest which needed a shrine I'd only go for what I see.

I only ever got 2 horses as well, both from Boboklins after I smacked the shit out of them. With all the climbing and gliding I did there was bugger all need for a horse, let alone taking time to train one.

Does the master sword help in the boss battles on the beasts? I've found it but just need to boost my heart container count so I can survive grabbing it!

Yup, those bosses do not like the Master Sword.

Considering their names, it should be obvious to anyone who knows the Master Sword basics in Zelda Games.

@EEVILMURRAY - Witcher 3 isn't half as good because it's twice as good. Believe it.

That would imply Breath of The Wild is a full good game and I don't wanna be called a liar unless I get caught out intentionally doing so.

I shall rephrase: I hadn't wondered what The Witcher 3 would be like if it was a quarter as good, but at least I know now.

Nailed it.

Yup, those bosses do not like the Master Sword.

Considering their names, it should be obvious to anyone who knows the Master Sword basics in Zelda Games.

I figured as much but I'd heard the sword was a bit disappointing this time round so just seeing if it was worth going out of my way to get it.

Also, how would people rate the bosses in terms of difficulty (not the puzzles, just the bosses)?

So far I found the elephant one trickier than the bird one, but maybe I was just better prepared/equipped for the bird battle...

I figured as much but I'd heard the sword was a bit disappointing this time round so just seeing if it was worth going out of my way to get it.

Also, how would people rate the bosses in terms of difficulty (not the puzzles, just the bosses)?

So far I found the elephant one trickier than the bird one, but maybe I was just better prepared/equipped for the bird battle...

Master Sword is a great Guardian Killer. Makes mincemeat out of them.

It mostly depends on the order you do them and when you do them. But personally...

Camel is way harder than the others.

Lizard is harder than Elephant.

Elephant is harder than Bird.

Camel boss is just far more unforgiving than the others. You need to learn Shield Parry and Flurry Rush to beat it reliably.

Not to mention, electric attacks hurt like hell.

Edited by Glen-i

Does the Master Sword break..?

It becomes 'damaged' and then has to recharge for 10 minutes. Using it against Guardians and in the main dungeons doesn't use energy though (and its power is doubled).

Master Sword is a great Guardian Killer. Makes mincemeat out of them.

It mostly depends on the order you do them and when you do them. But personally...

Camel is way harder than the others.

Lizard is harder than Elephant.

Elephant is harder than Bird.

Camel boss is just far more unforgiving than the others. You need to learn Shield Parry and Flurry Rush to beat it reliably.

Not to mention, electric attacks hurt like hell.

Thank God for that. I've just finished the camel guardian it took about two weeks. I was obviously severely underpowered as Calamity Ganon kept 1 hit killing me. The thought that the rest are easier is a nice thought. Lesson learnt though I need to power up (especially heart containers) before I venture forth.

That would imply Breath of The Wild is a full good game and I don't wanna be called a liar unless I get caught out intentionally doing so.

I shall rephrase: I hadn't wondered what The Witcher 3 would be like if it was a quarter as good, but at least I know now.

Nailed it.

Well I obviously can't read properly.

Thank God for that. I've just finished the camel guardian it took about two weeks. I was obviously severely underpowered as Calamity Ganon kept 1 hit killing me. The thought that the rest are easier is a nice thought. Lesson learnt though I need to power up (especially heart containers) before I venture forth.

two weeks?? could you not just load up an earlier save file and go do something else? :D with the camel boss I had a feeling he'd not be too much fun, so I saved just before activating the gizmo... a few seconds later I was loading that save up and heading back to death mountain. I have since read spoilers on how you're meant to get to the Goron's :D but I didn't know, so I just skirted round the mountain avoiding enemies as best as I could, then quickly paraglided in to the town and ran to the sanctuary, activated it and teleported out as quick as I could. must have eaten half my meals just to recover those hearts I lost as I burnt :D I went to the armour store after given up on the camel boss, and I'm now fully decked out in heat armour! but that heat was brutal, I went from borderline too cold then the heat meter jumped to on fire. I'd have appreciated it at least jumping to very VERY hot first so I'd know to back away... not have my first warning that I was seeing smoke come out of my gear! I'm in touching distance of my two remaining divine beasts, going to try a few more shrines then grab the master sword first, I was kinda hoping the extra yellow heart containers could be used to trick the master sword, but no such luck :( need two more shrines and I'll go grab me that sword and go guardian hunting!

This game is just crazy. After 6 weeks with it, I've only just found this...

Horse Fairy

:hehe:

Also, the Barbarian Armour is amazing. I equipped it, used Urbosa's Fury and destroyed a Stone Golem in one go. Handy to know, as there's a bloke who asks you to defeat all 40 (?) of them.

As for the bosses, I did them in this order:

Elephant - Was slightly tricky to swim to, but I didn't have the Master Sword (probably used the Zora Sword or something of that level)

Lizard - I couldn't work out what to do, but don't remember it being a tough fight

Bird - Quite pleasant, as it's always nice to do the floaty-arrow thing

Camel - This one actually was quite challenging, as I couldn't work out what to do, and you need to be quite swift even when you know

I must admit, I enjoyed all the bosses. I'd rank them in this order (from easiest to hardest): Lizard, Bird, Elephant, Camel. But with hindsight, I think you're better off getting the Master Sword before all of them, and just going anti-clockwise round the map (starting with Zora).

Armour is more valuable than Heart Containers in the long run.

I'd look for Great Fairy Fountains and start saving up those rupees and materials.

Of course, Heart Containers never hurt.

Finally finished the game after around 110 hours with all shrines done, all memories, all fairies, all Divine Beasts and mostly all the armor in the main game.

I really, really, REALLY loved the game, and I only felt it was getting tedious towards the end of my shrine hunt. One of my high points in the game is definitely Hyrule Castle. You really feel out of place there if you go there early. But when you get used to the place it's so amazing to explore!

Only thing I have to point out that was kinda... underwhelming was the final boss. I'm not sure if you agree with me, but after such a grand adventure, and me feeling sooo pumped to get him, it was over so quickly, and it was far too easy. I mean, go fight a silver Lynel. THAT right there is a real challenge. Ganon took me 20 minutes with a lot of waiting and just a few meals eaten.

Anyways. God damn this game is amazing. I didnt know you could get a completion rating at the end of the credits! But now my Switch is messed up big time, so I doubt I'll see how far I got unless Nintendo manages to save my Switch with my data intact. If I get that i'll update you. Next up is amiibo armor :P.

I beat the final Divine Beast and Calamity Ganon today so the adventure is over :smile:

8/10 ;)

Only thing I have to point out that was kinda... underwhelming was the final boss. I'm not sure if you agree with me, but after such a grand adventure, and me feeling sooo pumped to get him, it was over so quickly, and it was far too easy. I mean, go fight a silver Lynel. THAT right there is a real challenge. Ganon took me 20 minutes with a lot of waiting and just a few meals eaten.

Waiting? Pulling off a Flurry rush/Laser Deflection gives you an attack opportunity, even during the second part of the Calamity Ganon fight.

so weird thing the other day, I had a boomerang sword... went up to the guardian at the tech lab... snuck up while it wasn't facing me, jumped and repeatedly hit it.... it faced away from me and just fired a laser shot each time I hit it... until eventually it blew up.... is that a one off glitch, or do they not like being hit with boomerang swords?