NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Is that the white one? I can't remember the stats, but seem to remember it excelled on Stamina. Personally, I love the grey one near Duelling Peaks. It's not the fastest or strongest, but I just love the look of it (and was proud to tame it!)

I've heard about a very specific horse that is the strongest. Anyone know which one is the fastest?

No, the white one is 4 Strength, 3 Speed and 5 Stamina. These two I caught randomly just south and uphill of the Serenne Stable.

The strongest horse is the giant horse... which is so a descendant of Ganondorf's horse! It's stats are 5 Strength, 2 Speed and no Stamina.

I've both of them, the two I mentioned above and a 4-3-4 stat horse that looks exactly like Epona.

Edited by Kav

I only caught 2 horses so far. One for the sidequest, one because I wanted a cool looking black horse. But I never used horses so far (why ride a horse if you can fly to anywhere). Wanted to call my black horse "Black Beauty", but they don't allow that many characters, so had to call her Black B.

What's the strategy to taming the wild horses? I can get on one and use L to sooth but it just kicks me off.

What's the strategy to taming the wild horses? I can get on one and use L to sooth but it just kicks me off.

Mash the L button and hope that you have enough stamina. :D

I've got the maximum three stamina wheels and still can't tame wild horses half the time. In assuming I need to eat something that gives me even more stamina beforehand.

I've got the maximum three stamina wheels and still can't tame wild horses half the time. In assuming I need to eat something that gives me even more stamina beforehand.

Nah, definitely not. I've got two and two-fifths stamina (didn't know you could get three whole circles - pretty weird that the game doesn't let you max out hearts and stamina) and haven't encountered a horse I couldn't tame. You have to bash L repeatedly.

Nah, definitely not. I've got two and two-fifths stamina (didn't know you could get three whole circles - pretty weird that the game doesn't let you max out hearts and stamina) and haven't encountered a horse I couldn't tame. You have to bash L repeatedly.

That's because the game likes to give you choices!

Yeah, I like how the game gives you multiple solutions to the same problem.

I like watching my brother play for that reason, especially if he's doing stuff I've already done, just to see how he tackles stuff. For example, there is a shrine with a chest behind a locked door. I used the "proper" way to get there, burned away some leaves to reveal the key inside the room, then used magnesis to get it and open the door, and got the chest.

He on other hand, failed to notice the key inside the room. He moved one of the wooden boxes near the wall, used stasis on the box, then bombed it, climbed on top of it, and jumped over the wall after being propelled upwards, and got the chest, and the key.

Unfortunately, you can't open the door from the other side, and there was nothing left to stasis, so he bricked his game. I'm kidding, he warped back to the entrance, and re-entered the shrine, with everything reset except the key.

Yeah, I like how the game gives you multiple solutions to the same problem.

I like watching my brother play for that reason, especially if he's doing stuff I've already done, just to see how he tackles stuff. For example, there is a shrine with a chest behind a locked door. I used the "proper" way to get there, burned away some leaves to reveal the key inside the room, then used magnesis to get it and open the door, and got the chest.

He on other hand, failed to notice the key inside the room. He moved one of the wooden boxes near the wall, used stasis on the box, then bombed it, climbed on top of it, and jumped over the wall after being propelled upwards, and got the chest, and the key.

Unfortunately, you can't open the door from the other side, and there was nothing left to stasis, so he bricked his game. I'm kidding, he warped back to the entrance, and re-entered the shrine, with everything reset except the key.

Same with my daughter.

I did the Five Flames shrine 'properly' with skill and puzzlement. She used fire arrows!

Its fun how you can do things differently

I was in the Yuga clan base, there is a stealth element like Oot and you are meant to distract guards and get past...I didn't like that idea and went to sneak strike one, it survived and then bomb arrows came out, everyone died

and that was the end of the Yiga clan

I say may way was cannon since they never show up again in the timeline

My personal metagame in BoTW is finding especially curvaceous valleys and shield surfing down them. I'm fairly early game though ~ 25 hours in so I haven't got any shields that don't break withing like thirty seconds. Any tips on where I can get a shield that doesn't suck/ is more permanent?

I might get to some story stuff in between catching sick air, but the opportunity for amusing myself and creating my own fun in this game is so incredibly high.

My personal metagame in BoTW is finding especially curvaceous valleys and shield surfing down them. I'm fairly early game though ~ 25 hours in so I haven't got any shields that don't break withing like thirty seconds. Any tips on where I can get a shield that doesn't suck/ is more permanent?

All the best ones are in Hyrule Castle.

Hylian Shield

Royal Guard's Shield

Royal Shield

It's not too hard to sneak in, as long as you can fight Moblins and Lizalfos, as well as get past the Guardians outside.

I might get to some story stuff in between catching sick air, but the opportunity for amusing myself and creating my own fun in this game is so incredibly high.

You can go into the castle whenever you want, scrounge around for treasure and then escape, without initiating the endgame. Kinda wish I'd known this. Anyway, in there is plenty of decent shields.

Wicked. Went there for part of the memory quest. Didn't try and get past the guardians though. Maybe I'll try and cook up some sneaky snails or just paraglide in.

This game is really fucking me off now. I can't beat vah naboris even when watching youtube clips. I just keep falling of the stupid rotating wheels. This is white I've only ever finished two zelda games. Invariably just get stuck somewhere and just eventually give up. Really considering just trading the whole lot in at this point. A 1 game console with a game I starting to hate

This game is really fucking me off now. I can't beat vah naboris even when watching youtube clips. I just keep falling of the stupid rotating wheels. This is white I've only ever finished two zelda games. Invariably just get stuck somewhere and just eventually give up. Really considering just trading the whole lot in at this point. A 1 game console with a game I starting to hate

Don't worry, I'm sure we can help you through it. For a start, have you done the Rito dungeon and got Revali's Gale? That makes it a lot easier.

Secondly, the dungeon is not as complicated as it seems. You don't actually have to ride the rotating discs as much as you might think. Just use the "spine" as a guide to how they're lined up.

Once you've done this, there's nothing else that's really complicated in the game. : peace:

Now I know why I've been avoiding this thread. Great to know what the power you get from the Rito is called. Lovely. Adios.

Don't worry, I'm sure we can help you through it. For a start, have you done the Rito dungeon and got Revali's Gale? That makes it a lot easier.

Secondly, the dungeon is not as complicated as it seems. You don't actually have to ride the rotating discs as much as you might think. Just use the "spine" as a guide to how they're lined up.

Once you've done this, there's nothing else that's really complicated in the game. : peace:

Well I've completed it up to the point of fighting Gannon. The video I was watching on youtube was basically someone gimping it. I found a proper guide, but Jesus Christ I would never have figured that lot out in a million years. Even with the guide I was getting stuck. Now just have to beat Gannon who kills me with one hit GREAT. Love it when you read a guide and it tells you to use a potion that you don't have.

Well I've completed it up to the point of fighting Gannon. The video I was watching on youtube was basically someone gimping it. I found a proper guide, but Jesus Christ I would never have figured that lot out in a million years. Even with the guide I was getting stuck. Now just have to beat Gannon who kills me with one hit GREAT. Love it when you read a guide and it tells you to use a potion that you don't have.

Yeah, YouTube's cool, but you are often seeing someone with great skill doing it the fastest way.

As for the boss, might be worth getting the Hylian or Soldier's armour to 2-star defence, plus do some more shrines (not all of them are difficult puzzles).

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/guide_all_the_shrine_locations_in_the_legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild

I've just gotten to the elephant... but I want to go cook up some potions and maybe find some more gear... falling in the water seems to kill me (fell off the trunk once) and when I go to the map to teleport out I've just got the map of the elephant... is there anyway I can escape, or do I have to stay till I kill the boss??

I've just gotten to the elephant... but I want to go cook up some potions and maybe find some more gear... falling in the water seems to kill me (fell off the trunk once) and when I go to the map to teleport out I've just got the map of the elephant... is there anyway I can escape, or do I have to stay till I kill the boss??

If I recall correctly you can leave by going to the pedestal upon which you arrived.

ok.. killed the guy instead. Also killed my first "proper" guardian today. killed a few actually... my favourite one was when I accidentally used my shield to reflect the beam back at one :D when intentionally trying to do that I have a 50/50 record so far!