NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

I've met the requirements to get the Master Torch, is it worth getting now? I'm 2 Guardian Beasts in.

I genuinely don't know if that's a typo, or something I just haven't found. If it's the former... yes, definitely get the Master Sword.

I genuinely don't know if that's a typo, or something I just haven't found. If it's the former... yes, definitely get the Master Sword.

Could be a clever joke. There is an NPC, claiming he's got the 'Master Torch'

You're strong enough straight away. All you need do is hunt, gather and cook and you can get many additional hearts and boosts... you absolutely don't need Shrines to get stronger.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

You're strong enough straight away. All you need do is hunt, gather and cook and you can get many additional hearts and boosts... you absolutely don't need Shrines to get stronger.

Enemies in the Major Test of Strengths will totally one shot you without serious armor and a massive amount of hearts though. Didn't stop me from doing it with 5 hearts though.

Not to mention a certain shrine in the bottom right of the world. No amount of preparation will help you there.

Not to mention a certain shrine in the bottom right of the world. No amount of preparation will help you there.

Heart containers and rune upgrades will help.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Enemies in the Major Test of Strengths will totally one shot you without serious armor and a massive amount of hearts though. Didn't stop me from doing it with 5 hearts though.

Shrine at the bottom right?

Would that be the

Kohlint Island where you loose all your items?

If so you only loose items when you step on the shore, stay on a raft, pick off enemies with the bow, then throw a few weapons down and Shields and magnessis them onto the shore, then when you "loose everything" you actually don't as they can be picked back up

You may or may not loose them when you complete the Island, i'd broken the shield, bow and blade i took just before killing the last enemy i needed

If its another Shrine, i best look out

Did that Island...which wasn't particularly hard (especially with the Naboris power for the Hinox). For some reason it reminded me of Pitioss Dungeon in FFXV, except there's nothing really that special about it in the end. I also finished off the last Divine Beasts yesterday. The Master Sword makes the Ganon bosses a joke; drink an Attack-Up elixer and they literally take less than 60 seconds.

The Gorons are my favourite race. It was nice to see them and I really liked Daruk (who there is criminally little of) but it all kind of confirmed my feelings that the world is a bit like the It's a Small World ride at Disney. Or the Truman show. Everything and everyone is there to service Link's progression (I'd have used the word 'story' but it just not there) and they aren't compelling in their own right.

I'm left with the feeling that the game is well built game but poorly crafted...if that makes sense.

Edited by Daft

Did that Island...which wasn't particularly hard (especially with the Naboris power for the Hinox).

I didn't even bother to fight it.

I didn't even bother to fight it.

How did you get the ball from round his neck without fighting him?

By sneaking, climbing on top of him, nicking it and pegging it like a coward.

You can also use an arrow to cut the rope necklace and it falls to the floor.

I still need to do that island. My time with Zelda has dropped off a bit since Mass Effect came out but I've got another Link amiibo coming this week so I need to use that in it :p

You can even stand on his hand while he's snoozing and he'll helpfully lift you on to his stomach if you wait long enough.

Or climb a tree and use the paraglider to slowly lower yourself on to his stomach. Just don't drop.

That's probably the biggest thing I like about this game. Most of the time, there's more than one solution to a problem.

You can even stand on his hand while he's snoozing and he'll helpfully lift you on to his stomach if you wait long enough.

Or climb a tree and use the paraglider to slowly lower yourself on to his stomach. Just don't drop.

That's probably the biggest thing I like about this game. Most of the time, there's more than one solution to a problem.

Yeah this is pretty cool - I did wonder if there was a way to get it off him without a fight but I ended up waking him.

This is the thing. I wouldn't argue with anything Kav said, as it's clearly true - if you make powerful-enough potions, you can probably do the whole game with three standard hearts. It's just that, personally, I think the cooking and crafting was a wrong turn for the Zelda series. I'd much rather have the traditional ways of getting stronger, like (easier-to-find) hearts, permanent weapons and elemental arrows from a magic meter.

Shrine at the bottom right?

Would that be the

Kohlint Island where you loose all your items?

If so you only loose items when you step on the shore, stay on a raft, pick off enemies with the bow, then throw a few weapons down and Shields and magnessis them onto the shore, then when you "loose everything" you actually don't as they can be picked back up

You may or may not loose them when you complete the Island, i'd broken the shield, bow and blade i took just before killing the last enemy i needed

If its another Shrine, i best look out

Funnily enough, I did that last night.

Daft is right. It's not particularly hard, but having 30 hearts helped a lot. There is enough on the island to cook, and plenty of weapons to find. I used Urbosa's Fury on the mobs, and just glided onto the Hinox.

As I say, it wasn't difficult, but it reminded me of the beginning of the game. I just feel this "survival" emphasis is so wrong-headed for Zelda.

I'm left with the feeling that the game is well built game but poorly crafted...if that makes sense.

Perfect description of the game.

I really wouldn't suggest mapping out all the towers in one go. I think it would completely ruin the experience.

Also I don't get stronger by going into Shrines necessarily, I get stronger by exploring and finding chests with weapons and elemental arrows.

I've been hunting down towers and climbing the ones I have a chance at doing. One has two active guardians around it... so I'm not bothering, and a couple of others have noxious purple stuff wrapped round them - I navigated round that stuff once before and it left me with no inclination to do it again!!

but one tower had a tonne of strong characters round it... I had no bows, my melee weapons seemed not particularly well suited to it... so I dived into the lake and stealth swam as far as I could... when I got spotted rushed in to the tower as quick as I could, I then had to race to the top with an enemy flying close by me trying to shoot me down... I ended up, in desparation, lobbing a bomb near it and detonating it... the enemy fell and I was able to climb to the top of the tower! It was a great experience! I actually think I'm going to play this game just as a sandbox, finding shrines and towers as much as I can, once I get bored I'll go on the main quest/do sub quests :)

My main issue with this game so far is the time it absorbs, I want to play a quick 5/10 minutes, 5 hours later I'm just looking to see what's round this cliff, over that hill, in that building, up that tree, is that black rock vulnerable to bomb blasts... oooh, is that a new type of enemy? Right now I want to play maybe a 45 minute session... but I know I can't!!! I'm actually glad I have this on the Wii U and not the switch, makes it easier to escape!!

Can someone explain the cooking to me, specifically the little 'chime' you get sometimes? I originally thought it happened when you made a new dish or a 'good' dish. But last night I cooked exactly the same dish one after the other, one got a 'chime' and the other did not. But the 'chime' one got extra minutes of benefit?

Is it random, time/weather dependant? I'm confused?

The chime only happens when you discover a new recipe, I can't explain the difference in effect though.

I've been hunting down towers and climbing the ones I have a chance at doing. One has two active guardians around it... so I'm not bothering, and a couple of others have noxious purple stuff wrapped round them - I navigated round that stuff once before and it left me with no inclination to do it again!!

Just for the record, when you see that purple stuff, you can usually get rid of it by shooting the eye at its source. Similarly, you can burn thorns.

My main issue with this game so far is the time it absorbs, I want to play a quick 5/10 minutes, 5 hours later I'm just looking to see what's round this cliff, over that hill, in that building, up that tree, is that black rock vulnerable to bomb blasts... oooh, is that a new type of enemy? Right now I want to play maybe a 45 minute session... but I know I can't!!! I'm actually glad I have this on the Wii U and not the switch, makes it easier to escape!!

It is incredibly addictive. The only time I've been bored is when trying to get the 120th shrine to appear.

Under a Red Moon - waiting for a Blood Moon is extremely irritating.

Just for the record, when you see that purple stuff, you can usually get rid of it by shooting the eye at its source. Similarly, you can burn thorns.

It is incredibly addictive. The only time I've been bored is when trying to get the 120th shrine to appear.

Under a Red Moon - waiting for a Blood Moon is extremely irritating.

The one I managed to climb, I found an eye and shot it, but there was still purple stuff and I couldn't clear the enemies around to explore too much.... but I guess there must have been a second eye somewhere then!

How often do blood moons occur? I've had three, I usually scarper when they come up... once I was in the middle of no where on route to a town but was on a horse so just ran :D

Oh.. my horse died on sunday :( I called it (just to see) and got a message it couldn't reach me. I looked up and it was on a rock by a cliff edge... then I saw it begin to slip... and watched as it fell to it's death :| it had 100% affection and wasn't a bad horse at all. Oh well. Guess I'll be walking a bit more now then!

Oh.. my horse died on sunday :( I called it (just to see) and got a message it couldn't reach me. I looked up and it was on a rock by a cliff edge... then I saw it begin to slip... and watched as it fell to it's death :| it had 100% affection and wasn't a bad horse at all. Oh well. Guess I'll be walking a bit more now then!

Somewhere South of the region with Hateno Town, there may just be a way to get your little Horsey friend back.

102 Shrines down. Sooner or later, I'm gonna reach a point where that last bunch of shrines are so difficult to find, I'm gonna have to look it up. The world is just too massive to find all of them yourself.

I got the Master Sword on sunday evening, i felt the classic music should have been more loud, in an odd way the memory fragment broke the immersion of the scene for me.

I was a little disappointed with the Master Sword having only 30 attack (although its unbreakable) but it did mention it powers up around evil, so....

Went into Hyrule Castle last night, found a nice series of weapons and that shield, i only went in looking for a recipe book too, which i've still not found! but the Master Sword is awesome in here!

think i've done 77 Shrines? i've got about 150 Korok Seeds (christ how is their 900?)

How often do blood moons occur? I've had three, I usually scarper when they come up... once I was in the middle of no where on route to a town but was on a horse so just ran :D

As far as I can tell, they are basically just the game's method for respawning enemies. So, if you've defeated enough, you'll likely get a Blood Moon shortly afterwards.

Went into Hyrule Castle last night, found a nice series of weapons and that shield, i only went in looking for a recipe book too, which i've still not found! but the Master Sword is awesome in here!

The quest you are given is slightly misleading, as you don't actually get a book; you can just read a page open on the table. Hyrule Castle is good to explore anyway, so I'm sure you'll find it eventually.

Anyway, that's the final boss + 120 Shrines done for me! Got the reward too. Still need to craft my clothes to the max, master fighting the Lynels and defeat the final boss "properly", but I have to ease off a bit sometime. The game is just so addictive.

Last night I was doing one of the side quests which had me looking for some dragon flies. I finally got them all and was down in the Gerudo area. Instead of just warping to the person I needed to, in the Akkala region, I decided to walk it, just for fun. Well two hours later I got there after stopping off at nearly every little thing that I saw. Two memories, a few shrines, Moblin camps, high mountains just to climb up.

Somewhere South of the region with Hateno Town, there may just be a way to get your little Horsey friend back.

102 Shrines down. Sooner or later, I'm gonna reach a point where that last bunch of shrines are so difficult to find, I'm gonna have to look it up. The world is just too massive to find all of them yourself.

I heard that, but you know... the way it died.. just yeah. I didn't feel too bad and I'm pretty annoyed at it for turning lemming on me... so it can stay as it is :D