NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

About changing weapons, one of the first things the game tells me is that I can change weapons with the d-pad. It even stops time while doing so. Unless that was the problem?

Anyway, is there a way to change the buttons except just switching jump and sprint?

Edited by Tales

Browsing through the User Review on Metacritic is my new favourite pastime.

Browsing through the User Review on Metacritic is my new favourite pastime.

"I gave this a 0 because it's a game that deserves a 7 or 8!"

Lol

"I gave this a 0 because it's a game that deserves a 7 or 8!"

Lol

And how many of them have actually played it... :shakehead

And how many of them have actually played it... :shakehead

Probably very few.

Same thing happened with Horizon the other day. Essentially the metacritic user reviews for both these games have turned into a Sony/Horizon vs Nintendo/Zelda fanboy war. Hilarious.

As usual its just pathetic. Gamers should just be happy that two great games came out.

Probably very few.

Same thing happened with Horizon the other day. Essentially the metacritic user reviews for both these games have turned into a Sony/Horizon vs Nintendo/Zelda fanboy war. Hilarious.

More likely Microsoft fanboys as no game came out alongside these that was worth mentioning! We're too busy with these games! Haha :p

I've been playing this for a couple of hours and I have not even gone to the first objective on the map.

I've been enjoying exploring, collecting, trying to battle, trying different weapons and cooking:D

Edited by Blade

In my quest to climb all the towers I find, I came across one that I really shouldn't have tackled. I was there for about 30 mins trying to get to the top. Every enemy around the area was firing various projectiles at me and killing me with one shot. Must have died about 20 times off the trot. :D I refused to walk away from it and managed to make it to the top.

I came across another one where I clearly needed an item or a hell of a lot more stamina to get all the way up. I had to leave this one. Gutted as it took me ages to actually reach the area it was in!

I've been playing this for a couple of hours and I have not even gone to the first objective on the map.

I've been enjoying exploring, collecting, trying to battle, trying different weapons and cooking:D

Yep iv been doing much the same, iv barely done anything objective wise but loads of exploring, fighting and finding chests etc. I love the freedom you seek to have.

In my quest to climb all the towers I find, I came across one that I really shouldn't have tackled. I was there for about 30 mins trying to get to the top. Every enemy around the area was firing various projectiles at me and killing me with one shot. Must have died about 20 times off the trot. :D I refused to walk away from it and managed to make it to the top.

I came across another one where I clearly needed an item or a hell of a lot more stamina to get all the way up. I had to leave this one. Gutted as it took me ages to actually reach the area it was in!

Which towers are you talking about? :)

I need to activate 6 more. Two in the west and 4 in the north.

Which towers are you talking about? :)

I need to activate 6 more. Two in the west and 4 in the north.

The map ones.

The one I couldn't climb was the Faron Tower.

The map ones.

The one I couldn't climb was the Faron Tower.

I actually meant which of the map towers you were talking about. :laughing:

What a coincidence, by the way. I just reached the Faron Tower and climbed it. :D

You have to defeat the Octoroks that are in a pond right next to the tower and use the Octo Balloons they drop on those stone plates that are lying around the tower. One of them reveals an air stream that can propell you upwards. Then you can glide to the tower and climb it

:)

I actually meant which of the map towers you were talking about. :laughing:

What a coincidence, by the way. I just reached the Faron Tower and climbed it. :D

You have to defeat the Octoroks that are in a pond right next to the tower and use the Octo Balloons they drop on those stone plates that are lying around the tower. One of them reveals an air stream that can propell you upwards. Then you can glide to the tower and climb it

:)

Cheers!

I'm not going all the way back there yet. I'm at the other end of the map now. :D

Played about three hours so far. Did everything to get the sailcloth thing.

Enjoying it so far. Gameplay is fantastic. But...so far, it's missing that trademark Zelda humour. I'm hoping to happen upon some towns and villages with some interesting NPCs soon.

I'm not going all the way back there yet. I'm at the other end of the map now. :D

Fair enough :D

I'm just about to get my 6th and 7th heart containers and then I'll try to reach the remaining 6 map towers and the occasional shrines.

I also need to...

...trade in Korok seeds and upgrade my bag. I really want to carry more melee weapons.

Fair enough :D

I'm just about to get my 6th and 7th heart containers and then I'll try to reach the remaining 6 map towers and the occasional shrines.

I also need to...

...trade in Korok seeds and upgrade my bag. I really want to carry more melee weapons.

I've started upgrading my stamina. I've found it quite helpful.

Thanks for the reminder about the inventory. I need to go back and sort upgrade that as well.

7 straight hours played so far, think I've barely scratched the surface. I'm starting to get to grips with the new battle system though...gradually.

Just did a shrine with a simple combat thing against one enemy and it completely wrecked me

Man I'm having so much fun with this. I have spent hours just exploring and cooking and fighting and dying haha.

How good is the screenshot on Switch too?! So fluid, shame no Miiverse to take advantage.

One of my fave things so far...

Pushing boulders from a great height onto unsuspecting Bokoblin haha.

3AD28747-DC31-4092-853B-A92F11332D45_zpsmkqb3sxq.jpg

Three Sheikah Towers left. But I'm getting a little bored of going after them. I think I'll just choose one area I haven't been to (except for activating the tower) and explore the shit out of that :D

Can someone help - without spoilers, where do spicy chillies naturally grow on the plateau? I exhausted the ones found by the diary...