NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Just got a text, dispatched from Simply Games! :D

Coincidentally, it's also the reason I no longer put any stock in a Famitsu 40/40.

Nintendogs... lawl

But won't pretty much every single review site have the odd score which is a little insane; doesn't get dragged up with every reviewe they post as a way to delegitimise it... Don't get it. It's like people don't want to be excited about things and look for ways to bring things down./ Edge give it 10 - pfft, they did skyward sword. Famitsu give it 40/40 - ha, nintendogs, who gives a fuck what they think...

Let's just be excited a new Zelda is coming and it's meant to be fucking staggeringly good!!!

But won't pretty much every single review site have the odd score which is a little insane; doesn't get dragged up with every reviewe they post as a way to delegitimise it... Don't get it. It's like people don't want to be excited about things and look for ways to bring things down./ Edge give it 10 - pfft, they did skyward sword. Famitsu give it 40/40 - ha, nintendogs, who gives a fuck what they think...

Let's just be excited a new Zelda is coming and it's meant to be fucking staggeringly good!!!

Famitsu lost all credibility years ago. Every time they dish out a high score people assume that the publishers cheque must have been cleared. There's even a meme for it that gets used on Gaf. It's been that way for a long time now and has nothing to do with it being a Zelda/Nintendo game.

Simply Games shipped mine today. Time to unpack the old Wii U and get it ready for the adventure to begin.

To be fair Nintendogs is a joke that taints an otherwise still fairly short list.

It's true though. If you throw around your maximum score you undermine yourself. It's the individual publications' fault, not ours for pointing it out. Skyward Sword's 10 in Edge is a perfect representation of this. They were really claiming it was better than Majora's Mask, and now they're saying BotW is only as good as it? Kinda shooting themselves in the foot.

It's true though. If you throw around your maximum score you undermine yourself. It's the individual publications' fault, not ours for pointing it out. Skyward Sword's 10 in Edge is a perfect representation of this. They were really claiming it was better than Majora's Mask, and now they're saying BotW is only as good as it? Kinda shooting themselves in the foot.

I found Skyward Sword to be considerably more enjoyable than Majora's Mask, so clearly it's a matter of opinion.

As far as the 3D Zelda games go, my favourites are:

1. Ocarina of Time

2. Twilight Princess

3. Skyward Sword

4. Wind Waker

5. Majora's Mask

And I'd say I prefer ALttP, ALBW and Minish Cap over Majora's Mask.

If Breath of The Wild can break into my top 3 of that list, I'll be more than happy... not many other games would go alongside them for me!

Edited by Kav

Perfect scores from Edge and Famitsu, there's nothing bad about that. At the very least it tells us this game is pretty damn good.

Edited by Ronnie
Automerged Doublepost

As far as the 3D Zelda games go, my favourites are:

1. Ocarina of Time

2. Twilight Princess

3. Skyward Sword

4. Wind Waker

5. Majora's Mask

I personally would go;

1. Ocarina of Time

2. Skyward Sword

3. The Wind Waker HD

4. Majora's Mask

5. Twilight Princess

Mine would go

1. Majora's Mask

2. Wind Waker

3. Twilight Princess

4. Skyward Sword

5. Ocarina of Time

Kotaku accidentally put up its review before taking it down.

P5vMx6.jpg

Notice the genre box in the top right.

What reviews are recently most in-depth? Back in the day Edge was great, as was Famitsu when online became bigger than magazines. I noticed I've been ignoring reviews for a long time now, don't feel like they add anything for me anymore ::shrug:

To be truly honest with you since I've been browsing this site for the last whatever many years I've yet to find a review system I prefer more that N-Europe's. It's further helped by the fact I obviously know a bit about the reviewers now - but I think the n-europe structure of a detailed written review, a summary score but most importantly the multi-aspect subscoring of what you'd kind of look for in a game really does tick the boxes for a good review. Don't know who/if anyone is reviewing this for the site or the version but it's probably going to be the only one I contemplate reading.

Edited by Rummy

@Rummy bleeds N-Europe lol.

Find me a site with an equally good or better structured review and I'll gladly jump ship ;)

I just think a single X/10 score is simply just too shallow to surmise a game really. Rarely does anyone look for just one thing in their games - so why do so many outlets insist or summarising it with a 10 point scale?!

Find me a site with an equally good or better structured review and I'll gladly jump ship ;)

I just think a single X/10 score is simply just too shallow to surmise a game really. Rarely does anyone look for just one thing in their games - so why do so many outlets insist or summarising it with a 10 point scale?!

I agree though.

It's weird, I loved skyward sword, but the negativity has almost dragged it down for me. I need to play it again, my main loves were the controls and the art style.

1. Wind Waker HD

2. Skyward sword

3. Twilight Princess

4. Ocarina of time

Haven't played majoras mask, though own it on n64, vc and 3ds :)

:o

Bloody hell dazzy!

Is this why your completed games list in your signature doesn't go past 2015?!

:grin:

:o

Bloody hell dazzy!

Is this why your completed games list in your signature doesn't go past 2015?!

:grin:

Haha. I'm terrible I know... I'm desperate to play it actually, sounds like the kind of game I'll love. God knows when though now....

[tweet]837031975839936512[/tweet]

Edited by Helmsly

It's weird, I loved skyward sword, but the negativity has almost dragged it down for me. I need to play it again, my main loves were the controls and the art style.

1. Wind Waker HD

2. Skyward sword

3. Twilight Princess

4. Ocarina of time

Haha I own it on 3DS, GameCube Zelda collector disk and VC and iv only played the first 2 hours. In fairness it's the only 3D Zelda iv not played properly. A list I love lists.

Wind asked HD

Ocarina of Time

Skyward Sword (I did love this game)

Twilight Princess

I'm not sure if BotW can surpass Wind Waker for me, but I'm going to guess it will. I know very little about BotW, but I don't think iv ever been this excited for a game.

Friday .

Isn't it tomorrow at 9am EST / 6am PST? That would be 2pm UK time.

Could swear I read that somewhere on GAF. Definitely the 2nd.

Isn't it tomorrow at 9am EST / 6am PST? That would be 2pm UK time.

Could swear I read that somewhere on GAF. Definitely the 2nd.

And I could swear I read it was the 3rd but I don't remember where :p

But googling it looks like it's tomorrow indeed.