hqdefault.jpg

Look at my shocked face!

So am I!

There were games on the Wii U?

And the Wii U version of the game... :blank:

*I don't actually need it, but the collector in me wants it*

...here you go Nintendo, there's another £128 for you. :blush:

That's it, I'm not buying anything else in March now, I can't. :heh:

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games/nintendo-switch/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild.list

All the amiibo are available for pre-order

C2j70t_WQAIdhcn.jpg

As is the Wii U version

Argh

Part of me wants to pre-order, but another part wants to wait until we know what they each actually do in the game (part of me says that Wolf Link and Epona amiibo are definitely the way to go, especially seeing as we already know about the former)

Also: ouch my wallet

EDIT: Huh

Now, my Zelda knowledge isn't as far-reaching as some other folks here, but I thought this was interesting (taken from the Link (Rider) and Link (Archer) descriptions). Meh, going to spoiler tag it just on the extremely small chance that I might be right (don't want to ruin the experience for anyone)

Link is known not merely as a hero but as a symbol of courage, strength and wisdom as well.

I was literally just thinking about how little we've heard about the Triforce in relation to this game, and yet this wording seems all too deliberate. That and the lack of anything about "wisdom" on Zelda's respective BotW amiibo page.

Might just be your normal flavour text, but...

...is it possible that Link merged with the Triforce?!

Link (Archer), Link (Rider) and Zelda amiibo already out of stock on the Nintendo UK store.

Edited by Julius Caesar
Automerged Doublepost

I can't justify those new amiibo right now. Might try for them at the local Smyths around launch as they're listed on their website for the usual price, even the Guardian.

Yet another likely GOTY contender on Wii U

Is that because it's the only game for the year for WiiU :heh:?

I can't justify those new amiibo right now. Might try for them at the local Smyths around launch as they're listed on their website for the usual price, even the Guardian.

Shouldn't you get them now at that price then, in case they raise it by launch?

Shouldn't you get them now at that price then, in case they raise it by launch?

Pre-order is greyed out, they must have them unavailable until they revise the price.

Dang.

Pre-order is greyed out, they must have them unavailable until they revise the price.

Dang.

Damn that sucks

Fully decided I'm going Wii U on this now. £40 on Amazon, added a few bits I needed/wanted on to raise it to £50, used the BIGTHANKS code to take £10 off, then a £15 gift card I got for Christmas. So £25 personal outlay for this and a tenner of other stuff. Will make it hurt less if/when I end up double dipping when I pick up a Switch!

There's pretty much no chance I'll be getting it early like I would if I went TGC/Simplygames/ShopTo, but I'm saving money!

Ordered on Amazon Prime for £38, WiiU version of course.

I've also booked time off work for this, 3/3 through 10/3, haha.

Cannot wait!

Wii U:

61pcy--ehpl._sl1280_j8su2.jpg

Switch:

71bbb9gksbl._sl1500_vbsbe.jpg

Draw distance seems far better on Switch

I wonder how people in some places will continue to claim the Wii U one looks & runs better than the Switch one

Were the comparison shots taken from the same stages in each games build? All the comparisons I've seen so far have the E3 206 WiiU build showing against this latest Switch version, which isn't exactly representative of the real difference.

I've also booked time off work for this, 3/3 through 10/3, haha.

Cannot wait!

Reminds me of the time Majora's Mask was released and i wanted to take 3 days off from school. I was abit younger then, so mom didnt agree. Also, back then, mom's the word.

About this game: looks stunning, looks like something i really want to play. But i wont, because im not getting a Switch.

Wii U:

Switch:

Is that the Acropolis in the bottom right of the Switch one?

I assume these were taken at slightly different moments because the colouring from the sun is quite different.

Were the comparison shots taken from the same stages in each games build? All the comparisons I've seen so far have the E3 206 WiiU build showing against this latest Switch version, which isn't exactly representative of the real difference.

Who knows. There'll obviously be a difference and these are brand new screenshots Nintendo just released. Aonuma said the versions at the Switch events were pretty much the final retail build.

Who knows. There'll obviously be a difference and these are brand new screenshots Nintendo just released. Aonuma said the versions at the Switch events were pretty much the final retail build.

Better to wait for the proper comparisons though before passing judgement. The lighting looks quite different between shots and there's the obvious difference in development stage they were taken so it's hard to tell anything from that.

Better to wait for the proper comparisons though before passing judgement. The lighting looks quite different between shots and there's the obvious difference in development stage they were taken so it's hard to tell anything from that.

How do you know the Wii U one is at a different stage of development? These were just released from Nintendo and the game is out in 6 weeks. They wouldn't send out shots from an old build when they can show it off at its best. Setting up similar shots of both versions was obviously done for people to see the difference.

Has a Zelda game ever been about performance? :P

Im hearing fresh gossip about a possible alternative ending to Breath of the Wild... Just gossip, no source as of yet.

How do you know the Wii U one is at a different stage of development? These were just released from Nintendo and the game is out in 6 weeks. They wouldn't send out shots from an old build when they can show it off at its best. Setting up similar shots of both versions was obviously done for people to see the difference.

And how do you know they are? Like I said, best to wait for proper comparisons before passing judgement.

They don't look like the same time of day to me. The Wii U version sunset seems further along. It would also benefit Nintendo to show the Switch off in a slightly more favourable light (ba-dum-tish) since they obviously want the Switch to sell, and this literally is the only game that is selling it at launch.

Yeah Aonuma mentioned a second ending if you complete certain tasks. Maybe do all 100+ shrines dotted around the map or something like that.

And how do you know they are? Like I said, best to wait for proper comparisons before passing judgement.

They don't look like the same time of day to me. The Wii U version sunset seems further along. It would also benefit Nintendo to show the Switch off in a slightly more favourable light (ba-dum-tish) since they obviously want the Switch to sell, and this literally is the only game that is selling it at launch.

What does it matter if one is a few seconds ahead of the other. They're more or less the same and the difference in draw distance is clear regardless of the time of day. Fine we'll wait for retail copies to see but I think it's pretty obvious the Switch version will be an improvement.

You can see they're at different times, seasons specifically, as one the WiiU shot there's snow covering the ground to the left of the screen from Link.

We know there'll be a difference between the versions but how big a difference isn't yet clear.

Wii U:

Switch:

I am torn. Although I will probably end up getting the Wii U version :D

The Wii U version is just as the sun rises, the switch one is slightly later. I actually prefer the sky in the Wii U variant.

Also, having been up before sunrise all this week, the variation between those two shots is definitely within the variance in real life. So it could simply reflect varying visibility on a day to day basis. Like where I was working this week, there was a church about 4 km away on a hill top. It was always visible, but one day it was more or less a silhouette, the next you could make out the windows and even some of the larger architectural details. If you went to the next day on both games and took the same shot, same time, probably you could see as much difference. The detailing closer in could also reflect weather, so it is hard to actually pick out huge differences in the game. especially as they are about 5 minutes apart (which makes a surprising difference around sunrise...)

also on the horizon, to the right of the volcano there is a almost square chunk of rock with a thin tower on it. We can see it on the Wii U version but not as clearly in the switch version... it does seem a little colder on the Wii U version in terms of weather. I really don't think we'll be able to judge until both games are out... the switch version will offer more clarity in general, being 900p vs 720p (as I seem to recall.. may be wrong there) but beyond that I suspect there will be very little difference.

Edited by Pestneb