NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

900p docked, 720p in handheld mode according to gaf

Can't imagine how much Nintendo have struggled to get this performing on Wii U hardware

£160 for us in the UK. While gorgeous, that's a pretty steep price.

Ooft

I was tempted, but Ooft. Not sure the CD, statue and case is worth £100

£160 for us in the UK. While gorgeous, that's a pretty steep price.

Where did £160 come from? The press release says £89.99.

Ooft

I was tempted, but Ooft. Not sure the CD, statue and case is worth £100

Especially as no doubt many will be buying a Switch at the same time. You're talking close to £450 for the console and one game.

Especially as no doubt many will be buying a Switch at the same time. You're talking close to £450 for the console and one game.

Plus £55 for all five amiibo

Plus whatever price Bomberman is (because if you don't buy Bomberman at launch then you suck)

Trailer looked fantastic but I'm pretty concerned about how they are characterising Zelda. She's one of Nintendo's strong female characters and her being all sobby and pathetic just feels out of sync with my tastes now. I'm sure it's very popular in Japan but "no thanks!" to Japanese school drama levels of crying for me.

Plus whatever price Bomberman is (because if you don't buy Bomberman at launch then you suck)

Depends if it's online or not and how much it is. Charging $40 for Streetfighter 2 is a bit of a joke, TBH.

Depends if it's online or not and how much it is. Charging $40 for Streetfighter 2 is a bit of a joke, TBH.

8 player online :)

8 player online :)

is it online though?!?!

Bomberman looks great, I can't wait, but the trailer never said anything about it. You also said Mario Kart had extra race tracks but that's wrong too so where are you getting your info?

WAIT £160?! Fuck right off! i thought it said £89.99!?!

EDIT

Wait the US version (exactly the same) is $130 even if you add 20% tax thats $156 which is NOT £160

fucking UK retailer TAX "oh um higher taxes, um exchange rates, um bend over and take it"

2ND EDIT:

Is that pricing correct? the news outlets i've seen have it listed as £89.99 including the master sword

AmazonLinkle have it for £89.99 and the image shown has it showing the sword included, although doesn't show the case and map

Might pre-order it to be safe, but cancel it as the UK special edition hardly seems worth it - i'd have actually liked the map and case more

Edited by Agent Gibbs

WAIT £160?! Fuck right off! i thought it said £89.99!?!

EDIT

Wait the US version (exactly the same) is $130 even if you add 20% tax thats $156 which is NOT £160

fucking UK retailer TAX "oh um higher taxes, um exchange rates, um bend over and take it"

2ND EDIT:

Is that pricing correct? the news outlets i've seen have it listed as £89.99 including the master sword

AmazonLinkle have it for £89.99 and the image shown has it showing the sword included, although doesn't show the case and map

Might pre-order it to be safe, but cancel it as the UK special edition hardly seems worth it - i'd have actually liked the map and case more

Yeah, the price is now £89.99, which is more inline with what SEs usually cost. It must have been a placeholder price.

I hope a lot of the prices are placeholders

think i'm going to cancel my pre-order of the special edition, a plastic hollow sword isn't worth the extra really, the CD will be subjective

I can't stop watching this. So good. :D

So so good. This is going to be a masterpiece! :D

So so good. This is going to be a masterpiece! :D

Yep, and Mario. God it's annoying. If the thing was £250, the accessories were remotely reasonably priced, online was OS and not app and Mario Kart had new race tracks and wasn't fuckign over Wii U owners I think it'd all be incredible....

Yep, and Mario. God it's annoying. If the thing was £250, the accessories were remotely reasonably priced, online was OS and not app and Mario Kart had new race tracks and wasn't fuckign over Wii U owners I think it'd all be incredible....

Couldn't agree more!!

Will the Wii U have the same collector's edition? I'm thinking I may just pick this up on March 3rd for Wii U and get the Switch at a later date given the disappointing games lineup and steep pricing.

Trailer was absolutely amazing. But screw that crazy collectors edition. No way am I shelling out that much.

I've managed to not say anything about this yet, so...

...this game looks awesome. I mean, "has the potential to be the best game: period." awesome. It looks very childlike with the use of shading and art style, yet it seems to have a very dark undertone, which will more than likely lead to a great narrative. It feels and looks like Studio Ghibli, and is made by Nintendo using the Legend of Zelda. COULD MY BODY BE ANY MORE READY?!

So, it will also be released for the WiiU on 3/3?

Yes. NoA and Nintendo UK both confirmed it.