NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

I'd be both ok with that and annoyed with that

If we had to choose, I would much prefer to have Mario at launch than Zelda. It's about time the little plumber headlined the release of a console with a 3D adventure. It's been too long since this happened.

If we had to choose, I would much prefer to have Mario at launch than Zelda. It's about time the little plumber headlined the release of a console with a 3D adventure. It's been too long since this happened.

I'd want both.

And Metroid.

And Pokémon.

And Star Fox.

And Star Tropics.

And BoxBoy

:p

Na seriously, I completely get you :) I feel the same way.

It feels crazy that a brand new Zelda game could be out in two months and we've barely seen anything of it. Sure we've had hours of gameplay in terms of the Plateau (1-2% of the game) and a few Shrines, but that's basically it. Not a glimpse at any dungeons, bosses, items, barely anything on towns or cutscenes, NPCs etc.

I'm sure that'll all change next week, but a part of me would love to go dark on this until release.

It feels crazy that a brand new Zelda game could be out in two months and we've barely seen anything of it. Sure we've had hours of gameplay in terms of the Plateau (1-2% of the game) and a few Shrines, but that's basically it. Not a glimpse at any dungeons, bosses, items, barely anything on towns or cutscenes, NPCs etc.

I'm sure that'll all change next week, but a part of me would love to go dark on this until release.

I've not seen anything outside of the the main trailers and about 15-20 mins of the Treehouse presentation. It's all gonna be very new to me.

Eurogamer talks about just what is going on with the EU release of BotW.

Best to read the full article but Gaf have highlighted a few quotes.

So, what changed? Multiple sources close to Nintendo have now told Eurogamer that, at the end of last year, Japan finalised its plans and had a change of heart: Switch needed the strongest possible launch lineup. In short, Zelda will release in March in North America and Japan. Zelda's launch timing in Europe is still unclear.

One source tells Eurogamer that Japan had always wanted the game to launch in March, and had been uncomfortable waiting until later. Another source says the decision to move ahead with March regardless of Europe was only finalised by committee at the end of last year.

Also key was the desire within Nintendo for the game - first announced for Wii U back in 2013 - to launch in as perfect condition as possible. The lack of Zelda at the Switch's launch could also be mitigated by Nintendo's new 3D Mario, development of which was effectively complete and ready for a March arrival.

Not long to find out if we are getting it at launch or not...

It shouldn't even be up for discussion on whether europe gets the game the same time as the US but this is Nintendo. Releasing titles at different times between US and Europe is what they have done in the past. It's stupid!!!

It shouldn't even be up for discussion on whether europe gets the game the same time as the US but this is Nintendo. Releasing titles at different times between US and Europe is what they have done in the past. It's stupid!!!

Yeah, it's not like Nintendo has to translate it into 12 different languages for Europe and not for North America

Yeah, it's not like Nintendo has to translate it into 12 different languages for Europe and not for North America

Just as does every other publisher that releases games in both regions.

There is no excuse for it for a publisher the size of Nintendo.

Let's not forget sometimes it's nothing to do with having to be translated to and it's not Nintendo having the bright idea of thinking both regions can have split release dates.

If Zelda comes after the Switch release I think it's an utter piss-take and they should be chided for it!

This is a WiiU game, revealed years ago now and it'd be coming out after their next console ships?! That's treating their WiiU owners like crap!

If Zelda comes after the Switch release I think it's an utter piss-take and they should be chided for it!

This is a WiiU game, revealed years ago now and it'd be coming out after their next console ships?! That's treating their WiiU owners like crap!

Nothing to do with Wii U owners, and we're talking about localisation for Europe only. It's still ready for launch in Japan and NA.

Hopefully they give NOE whatever resources they need to get the game ready for March.

That said if it's Mario at launch and Zelda in May I won't be too disappointed.

I still think it's sheer stupidity to release your two biggest hitters on the same day.

What gets me about this is it seems they're just sitting on it. :rolleyes: If they can release it in March, they should do.

What gets me about this is it seems they're just sitting on it. :rolleyes: If they can release it in March, they should do.

Where do you get that impression? The whole point is they're NOT just sitting on it, at least NOE aren't.

Where do you get that impression? The whole point is they're NOT just sitting on it, at least NOE aren't.

After constant Pokemon shenanigans, I wouldn't be so certain on that...

I still think it's sheer stupidity to release your two biggest hitters on the same day.

They aren't strangers to this strategy. They've done it in the past with Mario 3D World and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, at least in the US ( we had a week between them, IIRC). Granted, these were across different platforms but they clearly aren't shy putting their biggest names out against each other.

It also depends what else they have up their sleeve for the rest of the year. It kind of makes you wonder just what is on the cards for the back end of 2017 if they can afford to have Mario and Zelda at launch.

I'm gonna chide them so hard!

If the Switch is region free, I'll just be importing :)

Hope you like memes :)

C1Z_GbSWgAA2Wxu.jpg

Do you mind explaining why every other big publisher manages to release it's big titles a few days apart with NA/EU releases?

Why does this not happen on Sony and MS consoles?

Stop making excuses for Nintendo. They choose to have these delays between Europe and NA. They have always done it and it looks like that will continue with the switch.

Better be region free.

Edited by khilafah

I think this, if it's true, is a different case though. Nintendo would want to release Zelda worldwide, of course they would, but if they are struggling with all the translations, then rather than delaying japan and America they just delay Europe. I mean, it makes a lot of sense. if it's true. Which I don't think it will be.

I think this, if it's true, is a different case though. Nintendo would want to release Zelda worldwide, of course they would, but if they are struggling with all the translations, then rather than delaying japan and America they just delay Europe. I mean, it makes a lot of sense. if it's true. Which I don't think it will be.

Why would they be struggling? As it has been said every other publisher has the same issue to deal with it.

If it is delayed in Europe I wouldn't be surprised simply because with the 3DS and Wii U we have seen them release games in the US and not Europe and vice versa.

It's bullshit.

Why would they be struggling? As it has been said every other publisher has the same issue to deal with it.

If it is delayed in Europe I wouldn't be surprised simply because with the 3DS and Wii U we have seen them release games in the US and not Europe and vice versa.

It's bullshit.

The reverse is the most baffling of all. You know, "Pulling a Xenoblade" I mean, it's literally done! Why are you waiting to release Woolly World!?

That said, however heartless it might sound, it is always funny seeing Americans claim they always get screwed over when this happens.

I always think, "Yeah, try living in the UK in the 90's, then you can moan."