NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Simply because that may mean Link having a voice and I don't really want that. Considering that, voice acting was always going to be partial, so I'm quite happy with this set up.

Why would it be partial?

Virtually every modern AAA game has full voice acting for all characters.

And I of course agree that Link should remain silent, but still... this solution is cheap and archaic.

I probably won't hear the end of this but...

...it looks a lot like other open world games out there.

Huge world (apparently), weapons/armor with stats, exploration, screwing around with explosive barrels, interactions with the environment, gathering items.

This is not bad. Not bad at all.

Combine this with some good temples and it will be a solid game :)

(except for the combat which, in my opinion, has been boring in every 3D Zelda game and it looks like that won't change)

I'll say it again: Please Nintendo...step further out of your bubble and you'll be great again : peace:

Huge world (apparently), weapons/armor with stats, exploration, screwing around with explosive barrels, interactions with the environment, gathering items.

(except for the combat which, in my opinion, has been boring in every 3D Zelda game and it looks like that won't change)

This is what I wanted Zelda to be. Loved what i've seen so far. Hopefully its got lots of things to do. Would like to see the world a bit busier.

I'm concerned ab0ut the pop ups every time you pick something up, why the fuck does it have to freeze, why can't it just pop up or something.... Oh boy....

Majora's Mask 'sounds' > full voice acting for a Zelda game. Fo' sho'.

This is what I wanted Zelda to be. Loved what i've seen so far. Hopefully its got lots of things to do. Would like to see the world a bit busier.

Busier worlds and great sidequests is all I want from this now.

Busier worlds and great sidequests is all I want from this now.

Completely agree! This is what i've been saying whilst we were watching the gameplay with @kav82 @Hero\-of\-Time on PS4 party chat.

YOU CAN JUMP WHEN YOU WANT

Crazy.

And climb!

giphy.gif

"Look at this giant meat"

"Its glistening"

"Looks like a good meal"

First nude Link and now this.

I don't think I'm going to watch any more, but it looks glorious. March* can't come soon enough

*I really hope it comes out by then.

Fuck me. The gameplay demo was incredible.

Modern openworld game + Nintendo = Game of the Show

It's like learning a whole new Zelda language and that's so exciting.

And climb!

giphy.gif

"Look at this giant meat"

"Its glistening"

"Looks like a good meal"

First nude Link and now this.

I somehow missed him climbing the Temple of Time. Glorious.

I like how it just seems to dump you into the world, no two hour opening tutorial. It also felt very lonely, almost Metroid-like.

Fuck me. The gameplay demo was incredible.

Modern openworld game + Nintendo = Game of the Show

It's like learning a whole new Zelda language and that's so exciting.

I somehow missed him climbing the Temple of Time. Glorious.

I like how it just seems to dump you into the world, no two hour opening tutorial. It also felt very lonely, almost Metroid-like.

Loved the fact it just dumped you in the world. Really refreshing. Don't like the lonely feeling though.

Why would it be partial?

Virtually every modern AAA game has full voice acting for all characters.

And I of course agree that Link should remain silent, but still... this solution is cheap and archaic.

If you agree Link should remain silent, then you also agree to partial voice-acting... no? Its more a design choice. Don't need to tack on a voice to everything just because everything else has it.

I'll say it again: Please Nintendo...step further out of your bubble and you'll be great again : peace:

This will push consoles! With some good marketing, good bundles etc. Only danger is having the Wii U and NX release at the same time. The Wii U should really be for Christmas.

IGN live stream host mentions a lot of details just now as he got to play the game before hand. He says the Wolf Amiibo keeps save data from Twilight Princess HD and how many hearsts you unlocked in the Cave of Shadows. Swiping the Amiibo in this Zelda game gives you a Wolf companion that will stay with you until it loses all of those hearts. You can bring him back 24 hours later by scanning the Amiibo again.

Watching NVC inbetween the stream and Jose said the map is 12 times the size of twilight princess and the great plateau is 1% of the final game, impressive!

Impression by Tphi...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-14-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-is-the-most-ambitious-nintendo-game-in-years

There are more than 100 shrines dotted across the game's giant map, each housing a set of rooms to puzzle through for a prize - a new heart container, perhaps, or a new upgrade, plus the usual dungeon-sized shrines too.

Move time forward at a campfire or wait through the day-night cycle (24 minutes equals 24 hours) and you can exploit enemies who act differently at different times.

Semi voice acting:

For reference, no other character in the demo speaks out loud (Link, once again, remains silent) but Nintendo hinted this balance of voiced major characters and text-based dialogue for more minor NPCs would continue throughout the game.
Edited by Kav

If you agree Link should remain silent, then you also agree to partial voice-acting... no? Its more a design choice. Don't need to tack on a voice to everything just because everything else has it.

Not voice acting Link when everyone else is voiced is no different to how they don't show you Link's text boxes when he talks to other characters in previous Zelda games.

Anyway, this looks amazing so far. I think the combat looks good - the bow and stealth reminds me of Tomb Raider, which is great.

Is anyone watching the Livestream? The magnesis power looks amazing!

This game man, wow.

The more I watch the more the game delivers! Why oh why did I worry?!

I'm so loving this!!!