NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

I think climbing has the potential to be quite fun in conjunction with the (double?) hookshot and swinging rope items from previous games.

Plus, the Zelda games have always used steep cliffs as boundaries for the edges of the game world. To be able to scale and climb over those boundaries will be interesting from a gameplay point of view and from a technical point of view to see what replaces them as the boundary of the world. Sea?

Gamexplain suggested the stamina meter from Skyward Sword might be a good way of gating Hyrule off until you can get items to increase how far you can climb. The sail cloth they showed off in the Game Awards footage would be a safety net should you not be able to climb all the way

Speed-climbing... ::shrug:

I hope they get the animation in the game right, I don't want immersion to be broken because it looks too rigid. It's one of the only things that irks me with recent home console Zelda games.

Totally agree, the animation in Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword was pretty bad. Wind Waker's is better than both.

I decided to play through The Legend of Zelda this afternoon in preparation for tomorrow. 3 hours later and it was done.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

I'm officially ready for tomorrow. Saying that, i'm half tempted to start A Link to the Past. :D

Gamexplain suggested the stamina meter from Skyward Sword might be a good way of gating Hyrule off until you can get items to increase how far you can climb. The sail cloth they showed off in the Game Awards footage would be a safety net should you not be able to climb all the way

That could work. It would be very similar to Shadow of the Colossus in that case.

Anyone up for hedging bets on what the title of the game will be?

Will it just be a straight 'The Legend Of Zelda' as some are suggesting? Or is the presence of that title on the lanyard just a placeholder?

Will it be something more like 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Sheikah Tome'?

I'm thinking we'll definitely get something more like the latter.

Anyone up for hedging bets on what the title of the game will be?

Will it just be a straight 'The Legend Of Zelda' as some are suggesting? Or is the presence of that title on the lanyard just a placeholder?

I'm thinking we'll definitely get something more like the latter.

tumblr_o3unaiVEto1re3x32o1_400.gif

It's going to have a subtitle. I am absolutely positive about that.

And it'll be called "The Legend of Zelda for WiiU" and "The Legend of Zelda for NX"

And you'll get a free playable Mewtwo for getting both!

If they've made the game to be more like its reveal trailer than the GDC gameplay footage then I'll have a nerdgasm!

It had beautiful animation, the world looked gorgeous and alive. Whereas the GDC footage had poor animation and the world looked empty and unimaginative.

I worry that the game will feel dated to play. Like it'll feel like a remaster of a 90's game, just bigger, as opposed to a brand new Zelda game from the modern day era.

Please Nintendo, allay my fears!

I can't wait to see the reactions to whatever Nintendo show. I'm sure there will be a millions complaints and endless crying no matter what the game turns out to be like.

If they've made the game to be more like its reveal trailer than the GDC gameplay footage then I'll have a nerdgasm!

It had beautiful animation, the world looked gorgeous and alive. Whereas the GDC footage had poor animation and the world looked empty and unimaginative.

I worry that the game will feel dated to play. Like it'll feel like a remaster of a 90's game, just bigger, as opposed to a brand new Zelda game from the modern day era.

Please Nintendo, allay my fears!

Yeah, the animation is one of my biggest worries. The way Link moved in that Game Awards video was awful and dated. Hopefully that has been sorted now. Hopefully....

I can't wait to see the reactions to whatever Nintendo show. I'm sure there will be a millions complaints and endless crying no matter what the game turns out to be like.

That's a given with Zelda games, even if we do love them, haha.

This is the first time I've had fears over one though.

Less than five hours!

Think the hype is really picking up. How long do you reckon they'll show game footage for? I'm kind of expecting some sort of trailer at this point too?

I'm working from 4-11pm and I'm not really sure if it has properly registered with me that The Legend of Zelda will be properly revealed today. That said, I'm looking forward to getting home tonight to catch up on what has been shown and the inevitable meltdown from the internet by the game not living up to the impossible expectations of the fans :heh:

I need the next few hours to pass as quickly as possible. I've enjoyed the other conferences, especially Sony, but there's no denying whatever Nintendo brings to the table later tonight will have the biggest impact on my show experience this year. Time to get a pizza in and enjoy the ride.

I'm the same, E3 conferences have been a bit lackluster for me personally, a lot of samey games, but I'm seriously excited for Nintendo to deliver that Zelda magic in a few hours.

...I'm looking forward to getting home tonight to catch up on what has been shown and the inevitable meltdown from the internet by the game not living up to the impossible expectations of the fans :heh:

Im not so certain fans expectations are impossible these days. If you look at the worlds that some games have crafted, how beautifully intricate and alive they feel, how well animated they are, giving such a level of immersion, it's not impossible at all.

Xenoblade Chronicles (minus the animation), The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Horizon (from what's been shown) all show beautifully crafted worlds that feel alive. If Zelda can capture that, improve on its jarring animations and provide the staple of the series in having epic dungeon design, then it will live up to and possibly exceed expectations!

I so hope it does! Not long now.

If it is we need to always write it as The Legend Of Zelda: The @Sheikah Tome until he gets so annoyed he requests a name change. Preferably to Princess Zelda.

I really excited for today. Proper pumped. I feel as though this is going to be Nintendo making a statement with their software, in the same way they did with say SM64 or Ocarina of Time. Limited hardware has hurt them massively over the last decade and they've fallen behind western developers but they've always been a super creative bunch and now they've got hardware that matches up to their ambitions. This won't be a HD sequel like their other titles in the last 3-4 years; it's going to be a complete re-imagining of their beloved franchise.

One thing that no one is talking about is the controls. I'm excited to see what route they take. If anything we should get an indication of the NX's control scheme.

Yeah that's a good point. If there's heavily integrated use of the screen (i.e. not just something like a map that can be shoved elsewhere) I think it's a confirmation that the NX controller will have one too.

Funny you should mention what the controls might be because I've noticed something interesting.

New artwork

CkbZRGhXIAA9wb-.jpg:orig

Do you notice it?

Link's right handed.

Now there are 2 other games where Link is right handed. Wonder what those were...

Im not so certain fans expectations are impossible these days. If you look at the worlds that some games have crafted, how beautifully intricate and alive they feel, how well animated they are, giving such a level of immersion, it's not impossible at all.

Xenoblade Chronicles (minus the animation), The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Horizon (from what's been shown) all show beautifully crafted worlds that feel alive. If Zelda can capture that, improve on its jarring animations and provide the staple of the series in having epic dungeon design, then it will live up to and possibly exceed expectations!

I so hope it does! Not long now.

They won't be able to please everyone, though!

I don't find myself interested in Xenoblade Chronicles X, The Witcher or Fallout and am not entirely sold on open world games in general at this point. Then there's the fact that a couple of the most revered titles in the Legend of Zelda series, namely A Link to the Past and Majora's Mask, don't sit amongst my favourites.

I'm intrigued to see what happens tonight : peace:

Funny you should mention what the controls might be because I've noticed something interesting.

Do you notice it?

Link's right handed.

Now there are 2 other games where Link is right handed. Wonder what those were...

Just as long as they are optional.

It's Zelda. I'm so excited. I love Zelda.

I wish there was more coming from Nintendo this E3, but if you're going to have just the one thing, Zelda is it.

Hopefully all these years we've been waiting to see more if it have been worth it.

Just as long as they are optional.

I doubt we will be getting optional motion controls (at least 1-to-1), because they'd have to design the entire game around it. Enemies, puzzles etc.

I doubt we will be getting optional motion controls (at least 1-to-1), because they'd have to design the entire game around it. Enemies, puzzles etc.

Then they had better not put them in, otherwise my interest in the game will plummet

They've already showed playing it with a Gamepad, so unless they've drastically changed it, you should be fine. It would also mean the NX would need either to be compatible with the Wii Remote or use a similar style controller.