NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Yoshi's Woolly World (June 26th)

I said earlier in this thread that this game just didn't click with me at all. I played it and everything was good - the graphics, the gameplay, the music - but the game just didn't do it for me, something was missing.

I tried it again last night and I absolutely loved it. I just played it and loved taking my time collecting everything and finding all the secrets. I don't know why, but I just really have had a change of heart and the game has just sucked me in. I'm going to play more this evening to see if my feelings last...

I had the same thing with New Yoshi's Island (although i still don't like the forced motion controls)

I said earlier in this thread that this game just didn't click with me at all. I played it and everything was good - the graphics, the gameplay, the music - but the game just didn't do it for me, something was missing.

I tried it again last night and I absolutely loved it. I just played it and loved taking my time collecting everything and finding all the secrets. I don't know why, but I just really have had a change of heart and the game has just sucked me in. I'm going to play more this evening to see if my feelings last...

That sounds pretty similar to my experience of Kirby's Epic Yarn :smile: It was so much more glorious when I eventually went back to it after a few years :grin:

I actually thought I would have flown through Yoshi's Woolly World, though, but having got into Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii I sort of feel like I have to see it through or I'll never manage to finish it!

Just completed the last world on this. Generally a very enjoyable game but....

The boss battle is quite frustrating, given how much quicker the bosses move.

It really highlights how slow the egg aiming mechanic is.

I also hate the amount of invincibility the bosses have where they jump into the background to give you an obstacle course.

Weird way to end the game - left a sour taste in my mouth.

NPD sales results for October in the US...

1.) Halo 5: Guardians (XBO)

2.) NBA 2K16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3) [Note: Second Month]

3.) Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (PS4, XBO)

4.) Madden NFL 16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)

5.) WWE 2K16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)

6.) FIFA 16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)

7.) Destiny: The Taken King (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)

8.) Yoshi's Wooly World (NWU)

9.) Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)

10.) Rock Band 4 (XBO, PS4)

Surprised but very pleased Yoshi made it onto the list, fantastic game. And beating the Uncharted Collection for sales!

Surprised but very pleased Yoshi made it onto the list, fantastic game. And beating the Uncharted Collection for sales!

Yeah, me and Dcubed mentioned how well it sold in the Sales Thread last week. Good to see the game selling somewhere. It definitely deserves some success.

On RFN, Greg mentioned that the Yoshi Amiibo line may have given the game a nice boost. The fact that there is nothing else to play on the console right now could be another factor. NoA may have been right by holding the game back. Had it launched in June then it may not have performed as well. I mean, people were still hot on Splatoon at that point.

I played through the first 3 and a half worlds by myself over the course of the last few months, only really chipping away at 1 or 2 levels at a time before not playing again for a while :blank:

However, I continued the game in co-op yesterday with my wife and starting having a lot more fun :hehe: We went through 6 levels together and we're going to play a few more now before I have to head off to work :grin:

It's definitely a little trickier to obtain the collectables when playing together in certain levels but I reckon I'll go back for those by myself at a later date with the aid of some badges!

So I fancied a platformer after spending a lot of time playing through Destiny, Witcher 3, FFVII, Battlefront and Unchartered. So I picked this up and hopefully it's decent. I'm looking forward to starting it.

So I fancied a platformer after spending a lot of time playing through Destiny, Witcher 3, FFVII, Battlefront and Unchartered. So I picked this up and hopefully it's decent. I'm looking forward to starting it.

You should have got Captain Toad. :D

You're in for a treat, mate. Such a good game, especially in the later stages.

I'm also looking to pick this up soon. Hoping to introduce Mrs. Nicktendo to co-op platformers. Compared to the SNES game, how does it rate?

I'm also looking to pick this up soon. Hoping to introduce Mrs. Nicktendo to co-op platformers. Compared to the SNES game, how does it rate?

Really enjoyed playing through this game with my wife so I definitely recommend it :smile:

There's also plenty of collectibles for me to go back and hunt down by myself :hehe:

It's easily the best Yoshi platformer since the SNES game. Not hard given its competition, though. :D

I've been playing it with my girlfriend and she's really enjoying it :) The lack of timer (SM3DW) means she can take her time and explore - she's really enjoying it.

The only downside is the camera which struggles to adapt to having two players on screen. Unfortunately you can't use the GamePad to focus on one player and the TV the other :( Donkey Kong and 3D World also have the same problem but it's not too bad here because it's slower paced.

Edited by Goron_3

I've been playing it with my girlfriend and she's really enjoying it :) The lack of timer (SM3DW) means she can take her time and explore - she's really enjoying it.

The only downside is the camera which struggles to adapt to having two players on screen. Unfortunately you can't use the GamePad to focus on one player and the TV the other :( Donkey Kong and 3D World also have the same problem but it's too bad here because it's slower paced.

That's a fantastic idea, having two players, both playing independently one on each screen yet both being able to interact or simply go their own way and explore. I can't believe that hasn't been implemented.

That's a fantastic idea, having two players, both playing independently one on each screen yet both being able to interact or simply go their own way and explore. I can't believe that hasn't been implemented.

Same - what's the point of inventing the GamePad and not using the feature for co-op games! It would give the developers more scope when designing levels too as they wouldn't have to worry about whether or not the players could fit onto the same screen.

Unfortunately it ruined Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong for us, but Yoshi's Wooly World kind of gets away with it.

I've only played a few levels on this so far but i'm really enjoying it. Such a charm to play!

It's quite an under-rated game I think, a million times better than New Island on 3DS at least

It's quite an under-rated game I think, a million times better than New Island on 3DS at least

That's really not saying much.

That game almost immediately put me to sleep on the first level. It was catastrophically boring!

Well he did say a million at least. That means it could be 1.04 million times better or something.