NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Yoshi's Woolly World (June 26th)

Thanks for those tunes @RedShell

I'm currently enjoying the pyramid level music. Has an Alladdin SNES vibe.

On another note...

The Amiibo double Yoshi integration is rock hard to play with. Anyone else just avoid it? Am I doing it wrong lol?

I just use it when I need to hit something but am without Wool :p

The Amiibo double Yoshi integration is rock hard to play with. Anyone else just avoid it? Am I doing it wrong lol?

I only used it a couple of times ( just when I ran out of wool balls and I needed to hit something ) but I did find it stupidly tricky to control both and just ended up scanning the Amiibo again to make the second Yoshi sod off.

@markderoos You should be able to scan loads, if not all, of them in straight away. It's one of the first things I done in the game IIRC.

I only used it a couple of times ( just when I ran out of wool balls and I needed to hit something ) but I did find it stupidly tricky to control both and just ended up scanning the Amiibo again to make the second Yoshi sod off.

@markderoos You should be able to scan loads, if not all, of them in straight away. It's one of the first things I done in the game IIRC.

does nothing anymore after scanning Mario, Kirby, Peach, Marth, Villager, Fox, Donkey and Link.

Tried Zelda, Samus, Luigi, Bowser but nothing happens anymore... :wtf:

does nothing anymore after scanning Mario, Kirby, Peach, Marth, Villager, Fox, Donkey and Link.

Eh? That's well weird.

You tried scanning amiibo in a different game or the system settings? Just to check nothing's up with the NFC reader on your GamePad.

Just wondering, are you in the hut or in a game?

In the amiibo hut

You tried scanning amiibo in a different game or the system settings? Just to check nothing's up with the NFC reader on your GamePad.

I made sure to register all my recent amiibo in the general amiibo settings before booting up the game so my NFC reader is not the problem.

After playing world 1-1 I went in the amiibo hut and started scanning. After the mentioned eight amiibo it just doesn't do anything anymore :blank:

But I'll check tonight after work if I can still use the reader for other games like Smash, Kart, Splatoon or the amiibo Tap games...

Try it while in a level.

Yep, I'll try that too!

Thanks for the suggestions guys, feels like I'm missing something obvious though... ::shrug:

So, just came home, booted the game up, went into the amiibo hut and now it works totally fine... :indeed:

Edited by markderoos

Just started this last night, I thought it would make me smile a bit after the sad last few days, which it did. Did the first five levels yesterday and really enjoyed them, seems a lot better than New Island. The collect-a-thon though I feel will end up driving me crazy, so I may not bother much beyond the first world.

Also the load times seem ridiculous but that's just nitpicking really, the game itself is pure fun :)

Has anyone else experienced problems with this game freezing every few seconds? It's happening almost every time I try to play it and only rarely works as normal :hmm:

The fact that it does work sometimes really confuses me as it makes it difficult to pinpoint the problem. I don't have this issue with any other game and it's really hampering my enjoyment :sad:

Has anyone else experienced problems with this game freezing every few seconds? It's happening almost every time I try to play it and only rarely works as normal :hmm:

The fact that it does work sometimes really confuses me as it makes it difficult to pinpoint the problem. I don't have this issue with any other game and it's really hampering my enjoyment :sad:

Heard that happens if you're playing 2 player and neither player is using the GamePad. Is that the situation here?

Heard that happens if you're playing 2 player and neither player is using the GamePad. Is that the situation here?

Single player only with Wii Remote, which is the only way I've played the game..

The three new amiibo costumes

MlWA77zIfCouHRd_Z_MlWA77zIhBcasRRbY6MlWA77zIi98T_8M8j7

Single player only with Wii Remote, which is the only way I've played the game..

Hmm, how weird :/

Mine was stuck loading the hub world for a good 30+ seconds last night, very strange

Hmm, how weird :/

What's more strange is that I tested it out again this evening and it was working perfectly well with the Wii Remote.. but only when the Wii U Gamepad display was ON :blank:

When I turned it OFF, as I like to do when only needing the TV, the freezing began but it was fine the moment I turned it on again. I just don't understand why ::shrug:

Having used the Wii Remote tilt to aim, there's no other way I want to play the game so I guess I'm stuck with keeping the Gamepad screen on throughout. It's not a big deal, providing it continues to work this way..

Got this for my birthday today :D Just about to start it, can't wait to be overloaded with cuteness.

I must get one of the Yarn Yoshi amiibos, but for now I'll have to make do with Link and Captain Falcon Yoshis!

Got this for my birthday today :D Just about to start it, can't wait to be overloaded with cuteness.

I must get one of the Yarn Yoshi amiibos, but for now I'll have to make do with Link and Captain Falcon Yoshis!

Happy Birthday Mr-Paul! :D

How are you enjoying the game? :)

I'm on the fence about this game. On the one hand it's a fantastic platformer that has a great vibe and lovely graphics. On the other hand the collectibles and missable nature of a lot of them is driving me CRAZY, to the point of wanting to throw my Pro controller at the television. I get they're there for increased challenge but having to collect four different things on every level is just maddening. I think I might just stick to the wonder wool, for my sanity.

PS: Pyramid level in World 2 was great fun, except for the upwards escalator which made me feel like yelling very very loudly.

Happy Birthday Mr-Paul! :D

How are you enjoying the game? :)

Thanks Sam :)

It's pretty relaxing so far! Completed the first world this evening.

..to the point of wanting to throw my Pro controller at the television..

There's your first problem right there! Wii Remote with tilt is the only way to go :heh:

I haven't played this game as much as I expected to so far but I've definitely been enjoying it :hehe: I only cleared the second world the other night but I'm having more fun with it now that I know where the source of the irritating freezing was coming from!

For me, it has easily been my favourite Yoshi game and I may well have the desire to hunt down all the collectables in each stage, something that I never felt with any of the previous titles :grin:

Been playing this with my mate.

We're both not feeling it.

There's nothing that sticks with me. Heck, I've forgotten everything about a level as soon as it's done...

Music is also really uninspiring and not memorable at all...

Was hoping I'd enjoy Yoshi's Woolly World but...:(

And: Wasn't the game supposed to challenging? Not to brag, but we haven't had any difficulty at all besides finishing some special levels with full health, and even that took us 4-5 tries max.

How's the collectibles nature compare to that of the original Yoshi's Island?

Just completed World 5, this game is pretty special tbf. Every other level just makes you smile from beginning to end. As someone who's only previous Yoshi game was New Island, this feels like such a huge leap from that game.

I've decided to ignore the "finish with 30/30 hearts", and just 100% the other three collectables. It's the only way my sanity will survive in one piece.