NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Yoshi's Woolly World (June 26th)

Damn, I won this game in a competition yesterday and hoped they would mail it instantly. But either they didn't or they did, and the post was just too slow for it to arrive today. Either way, I don't have it for the weekend which is too bad as it would really be a good game for this weekend! I will probably get it Monday but I'm going to the US / Canada on Tuesday for two weeks so won't be playing it until mid-July. It looks so nice to play!

Ah well, good thing that I have Hyrule Warriors to keep me busy.

I'm not totally sold on this then... I watched the video's and decided I would like this, but I haven't finished 3d world or dkctf yet... and from what I'm hearing it doesn't sound like it's as much of a must have as I would have hoped. Thinking I might wait till the Wii U dies / a sale comes up

Just got back from Dublin city centre with my Yoshi&amiibo bundle. I'll make a start on it later, wrecked trawling the shops. Not a bargain anywhere. There's little left for me to buy on Wii U. HMV, hurry up and die...again. Nunchuks, €40. Secondhand copies of MK8, €55. Gamestop, equally appalling prices.

HMV is overpriced. I never buy anything from there. If I'm on the look out for some blu-rays I'll look through HMV's stock then buy them cheaper on Amazon :D

Gamestop is riddled with copies of FIFA13 and Mass Effect 3 for €40 each going nowhere fast. Argos have both titles for €5.50 and €8 respectively. HMV have no copies of any good popular 1st party titles. Just MK8 for €55 secondhand and other titles like Black Ops II. Both shops Wii U sections are pitiful.

Smyths was so much better. They had the Wii U setup with MK8 and 2 Wii remotes a good choice of games. They had Splatoon and Yoshi's Woolly World. HMV had neither. The new 3DS playing Smash Bros. And yes I agree the 3D is so much better. They had a proper amiibo section with a good few to choose from. While the new amiibo look miles better, I have something to say about them but I'll save that for the grievances thread.

Why does this game have to be so painfully difficult?! And I'm still only in the first world... :cry:

You guys try 100%ing 3-S yet? If there's ever a stage that makes me want to Mellow Mode, it's this

Just unlocked and played this now. Absolutely nuts!

After about half an hour of trying, I finally starred the level. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to get the stamp beads and keep up with the bullet bill, then it dawned on me....:D

I tried out Mellow Mode for the first time today (on S-1 to help get a few collectables that I'd missed) man, it's so damn chilled out. Even just the way Yoshi moves while flying, ridiculously relaxing. :hehe:

Also, how cute is yarn Poochy? :D:love:

I tried out Mellow Mode for the first time today (on S-1 to help get a few collectables that I'd missed)

* shakes head in disgust*

I thought you were better than this, man. :(

This game is awesome :) so charming and genuinely has some challenge with the secret collectables . Another top quality title to the wii u library , it's so unfair the console isn't doing better .

Im on World 2 now and unfortunately still finding it pretty boring. I would say its me being a bit bored of platformers as a whole but I enjoyed Mario 3D World well enough and if Spelunky counts then thats probably my most played game of all time (Steam says I've hit 706 hours)

Created a second save file on this with my nephew, finished 3-4. He loved it (especially the Amiibo costumes) and we kept annoying each other throughout it.

Just played this since getting it. I absolutely love it. The style is simply gorgeous. It plays pretty relaxed and not too hard. Just got all the goodies on 1-1 too. Decided to scan all the amiibo I had to see how many of them would give Yoshi an alternate skin, and it seems that all the Smash ones but pokemon do. they just give a 'Amiibo Yoshi'. Also great when I scanned my Splatoon ones and they worked too.

MlWA77uy2v472iEf6U

Such a nice callback haha

Holy hell, 4-S is kicking my ass.

MlWA77uy2v472iEf6U

Such a nice callback haha

Holy hell, 4-S is kicking my ass.

Just this moment finished 4-S. I done a couple of runs and I found using the Big Wool Balls badge to be amazingly useful in that stage. Just done try to do everything at once and you should be fine.

I found using the Big Wool Balls badge to be amazingly useful in that stage.
Outrageous! :o

Hang your head in shame. ;):heh:

I love how this game can be so challenging at times. :hehe:

Outrageous! :o

Hang your head in shame. ;):heh:

I love how this game can be so challenging at times. :hehe:

I knew that was coming! :)

Big difference in using a power up and switching to easy mode. It's like playing NSMB and either using a mushroom/fire flower or using the Super Guide. :D

Just got 100% on world 5. Easily the best world yet. I haven't been a fan of the music in the game so far but this world....so festive.

I had some usage from my Amiibo earlier. I found a cloud that needed hitting but had no wool balls to throw at it. Enter the Amiibo.

The final world awaits....

I knew that was coming! :)

Big difference in using a power up and switching to easy mode. It's like playing NSMB and either using a mushroom/fire flower or using the Super Guide. :D

Just got 100% on world 5. Easily the best world yet. I haven't been a fan of the music in the game so far but this world....so festive.

I had some usage from my Amiibo earlier. I found a cloud that needed hitting but had no wool balls to throw at it. Enter the Amiibo.

The final world awaits....

I just did 5-5...

Snowball fights with Shy Guy. This game is so charmingly adorable.

I managed to get all the flowers and yarn balls with just one power up (couldn't find a flower in one level) - pretty proud of that! I'm not fussed about the hearts or stamps though. I'm so glad most of you are enjoying the game as much as I did - I thought I was going crazy when those low reviews came out!

@Hero\-of\-Time - I was a little disappointed by World 5 as so many of the levels had the snow theme, compared to the variety of other worlds. There was still a good amount of variety in them though, to be fair.

I managed to get all the flowers and yarn balls with just one power up (couldn't find a flower in one level) - pretty proud of that! I'm not fussed about the hearts or stamps though. I'm so glad most of you are enjoying the game as much as I did - I thought I was going crazy when those low reviews came out!

@Hero\-of\-Time - I was a little disappointed by World 5 as so many of the levels had the snow theme, compared to the variety of other worlds. There was still a good amount of variety in them though, to be fair.

I'm a sucker for a good snow/Christmas tune. :D

I've just finished 6-6 and couldn't stop smiling. Whoever thought of that level was a freaking genius. Well played, Good Feel.

Holy hell, 5-S is amazing :D

Yup.

It's pretty easy compared to the other S levels as well.

Yup.

It's pretty easy compared to the other S levels as well.

Ended up with 19 hearts somehow ;;

Ended up with 19 hearts somehow ;;

You have to hit EVERY balloon/collectable on the way down. :D