NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Yoshi's Woolly World (June 26th)

I won't deny I'd like the three wooly Yoshi amiibo, but I'm going to try and resist them since they're going to be bigger dust magnets than the regular figures and the mandatory day one or miss out purchase of all 3 is gonna cost the same as another game.

Current plan is to buy the game and make do with the costume support for the other figures I have. If I buy the green amiibo bundle, my collectOCD will mean I have to own the other two. Still haven't got around to completing the Mario Party line I said I'd skip and it is killing me inside.

Saying that... I know if I ever see them on sale in person it'll be game over, doubt they'll ever reach shelves though so I should be okay. Why can't these things be regularly available at retail? I'm happy to give Nintendo my money, but it would be nice to do so at a slightly more casual pace.

Which ones are you missing?

Which ones are you missing?

Still missing Peach, Mario, Luigi and Yoshi. I've had plenty of chances to pick them up, but I kinda feel like finally getting those four will then set me off trying to get Gold/Silver Mario, so maybe it's best to hold off a bit longer incase the Mario variants arrive over here for a reasonable price.

It all seems to boil down to trying to moderate what I spend and remaining somewhat in control of the way I continue the collection.

These damn toys are a sickness.

Edited by Guy

I started this last night and whilst it is fun, it isn't quite gripping me as much as I hoped. It looks lovely and plays really well, I just feel the Yoshi games have never really bested the original on the SNES. I am really enjoying certain aspects though and the graphics are amazing.

I must also say that it's a true collection quest! I've been missing things even on the early stages. I can already see there's going to be major replay value here. It's certainly a huge game with different layers of challenge and a real draw to explore every corner of each level. Overall, I'd say it is definitely worth the purchase and a lot of fun, but doesn't strike me as the killer-app I was hoping for!

I started this last night and whilst it is fun, it isn't quite gripping me as much as I hoped. It looks lovely and plays really well, I just feel the Yoshi games have never really bested the original on the SNES. I am really enjoying certain aspects though and the graphics are amazing.

This certainly echoes my feelings. While i'm having fun with it, it's just lacking something that I can't put my finger on.

This certainly echoes my feelings. While i'm having fun with it, it's just lacking something that I can't put my finger on.

From what I've seen of glen-i playing it, it's a good game but seemingly not an earth shatteringly incredible one.

It's also very very chill and not one to get your blood pumping, but rather one that just constantly makes you go DAWWWWWW.

From what I've seen of glen-i playing it, it's a good game but seemingly not an earth shatteringly incredible one.

It's also very very chill and not one to get your blood pumping, but rather one that just constantly makes you go DAWWWWWW.

I dunno. Getting to the end of a stage only to find you have missed one bead is pretty frustrating. :D

What is it with Nintendo games where I decide the time is to stop, but then I'm back on within half an hour...

So addictive.

The only thing lacking is yours and Zechs' soul!!

The only thing lacking is yours and Zechs' soul!!

Hey!

I loved Kirby on the Wii U. It was charming, fresh and had an amazing soundtrack. This certainly has it's charms but it feels very familiar. Maybe it's because I have played through a CRAZY amount of 2D platformers this year. :D

Hey!

I loved Kirby on the Wii U. It was charming, fresh and had an amazing soundtrack. This certainly has it's charms but it feels very familiar. Maybe it's because I have played through a CRAZY amount of 2D platformers this year. :D

To be honest I've only played the very first level. Looking forward to sharing my time between this and Batman!*

*ignore both and just play splatoon

Only tried the first two levels last night and i have to admit at first it felt more new yoshi's island than yoshi's island, but i can't put my finger on it, by the end of that second level i had this nostalgic feeling like Yoshi's Island....so if i've got that after two levels this could be good!

and the art style..i'd swear it was all knitted and not animated!

Mines still not here yet. Hearing that people are slightly underwhelmed with the game it not that surprising. The best game in the series was developed by EAD/Miyamoto at the end of the SNES/SFC cycle. Subsequent games will never quite match up (even Yoshi's Story on the 64 did not match it).

However I am still glad to be getting it, and really looking forward to the special packaging with the Amiibo for some weird reason.

Some of these collectables are a pain. Can't for the life of me find the third wool and fifth flower in 2-3. Spent ages hunting on this level

Yoshi's Woolly World - Hop Brrrrrrring Ha! (Wii U)

Got all the flowers on world 1 and checked out the extra stage, damn! :o

Can see these special stages getting crazy later on. :D

Yoshi's Woolly World - Hop Brrrrrrring Ha! (Wii U)

And there it is, that awesome boss music I mentioned before. Not surprised they chose that for the BGM on this vid, it is amazing! :yay::bouncy:

MK8, Smash, Splatoon, and now Yoshi... Nintendo have been on fire in the music department lately, for my taste at least. :hehe:

Quick question: can the different "stars" be done in different runs (i.e. flower run, wool run, stamp run, health run). Obviously, the first three are best done together, but can you do a health one later?

Quick question: can the different "stars" be done in different runs (i.e. flower run, wool run, stamp run, health run). Obviously, the first three are best done together, but can you do a health one later?

Thankfully, yes.

Yup.

You can even collect all the flowers/beads/Wool bar one and then come back and just collect the one you missed for you to get the star.

Ah, that second part is much more useful. Especially for the levels where you can't go backwards after certain sections.

You guys try 100%ing 3-S yet? If there's ever a stage that makes me want to Mellow Mode, it's this

You guys try 100%ing 3-S yet? If there's ever a stage that makes me want to Mellow Mode, it's this

Nah. Ain't been on it today. Too busy playing Kirby 64.

Does the game have the items you've already collected made transparent like in mario so you know?

Only played the first level last night so this is obviously a very early opinion on the game but despite its gorgeous design, it felt very lifeless. I'm hoping that it's just the early levels and it gets better but I think first impressions in games mean something and this was just a bit "meh".

Every so often a level pops up with just a great mechanic behind it, that is just a joy to play. In between you get some duller levels, but they aren't exactly bad - just not as joyous as some. I particularly enjoyed the chain chomp level which I think is early World 3 / late World 2.

The other small touch which stands out for me is that the platforms / pipes etc that get filled in with yarn balls appear in the same colour as the yarn you threw. I know that sounds like a no brainer / not particularly special but it brought a smile to my face. I'm up to the end of World 3 now and enjoying this so far - much better than a cookie cutter NSMB or something for sure.