NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Yoshi's Woolly World (June 26th)

This may be the first "Yoshi's Island" I actually enjoy.

Not every Amiibo unlocks a costume? Jigglypuff and Greninja just gave a generic outfit.

This may be the first "Yoshi's Island" I actually enjoy.

Not every Amiibo unlocks a costume? Jigglypuff and Greninja just gave a generic outfit.

Yeah, typical Pokemon Amiibo giving you sod all.

Finished the second world now and will probably leave it there for today. It's very charming but it's not grabbing me as much as Captain Toad or Kirby did. I'm finding a few of the levels are a little long and overstay their welcome.

I had a blast just scanning all my Amiibo in. Some of the suits are hilarious. :D

It's just the Pokémon ones that unlock generic costumes. From what I believe all other current Amiibo (Smash, Mario, Splatoon) unlock proper costumes.

I don't know if future Smash waves will be supported, although it would make sense if they're all coded ready for them.

I'm going to try and avoid looking at any until my Amiibo arrive.

I have to wait for the bundle till I come to UK. How much does it cost?

I have the game and blue Yoshi pre-ordered but damn, that pink one looks nice. I might have to get that as well, they're so cute. I saw someone post the Amiibo bum patch earlier and damn, just makes me want it even more.

I have the game and blue Yoshi pre-ordered but damn, that pink one looks nice. I might have to get that as well, they're so cute. I saw someone post the Amiibo bum patch earlier and damn, just makes me want it even more.

I was kind of expecting some hard plastic for the patch, but it's actually a plastic patch.

If someone didn't know what an Amiibo was, they would likely have no idea that it could be scanned.

Oh, and my Nephew will be stating at my house on Saturday. Last time he was round, he said he wanted to play Splatoon and Yoshi's Woolly World because he saw them on TV.

Edited by Cube

It's just the Pokémon ones that unlock generic costumes. From what I believe all other current Amiibo (Smash, Mario, Splatoon) unlock proper costumes.

I don't know if future Smash waves will be supported, although it would make sense if they're all coded ready for them.

I'm going to try and avoid looking at any until my Amiibo arrive.

We know next month's will be, but the Mii fighters won't. Not sure if the September waves will, or Animal Crossing.

I had a blast just scanning all my Amiibo in. Some of the suits are hilarious. :D

The Wario one especially. :laughing:

I had another go on this before going to bed last night. I'm happy to find that you don't need to collect all the collectibles in one go. I had missed a few bits and bobs in various stages and decided to go back and track a few of them down. Nabbing only the flower, wool or stamp that I missed results in a 100% complete level.

I took a few snaps of various Amiibo outfits. I'll hide them from @Cube. :)

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

A question to @Mike and @Kaepora_Gaebora....

I figured you may know seeing as you've had the game for a while now.

@Hero\-of\-Time It only works in mellow mode, and then only on a course you haven't cleared. It's a way for someone who's completely stuck to bypass the level by paying to use the badge to "clear" it.

@Hero\-of\-Time It only works in mellow mode, and then only on a course you haven't cleared. It's a way for someone who's completely stuck to bypass the level by paying to use the badge to "clear" it.

Thanks for that. It was doing my head in!

Well that's me not using ShopTo again...

Irks me as others who got it from there got it yesterday whereas I don't have it.

Those who got the bundle from there, did it come on a van or with the post? Post just came and nothing.

Well that's me not using ShopTo again...

Irks me as others who got it from there got it yesterday

Shopto seem a bit slow at the minute, they shipped my ZSS Amiibo on Thursday and it didn't arrive until Tuesday.

Shopto seem a bit slow at the minute, they shipped my ZSS Amiibo on Thursday and it didn't arrive until Tuesday.

It just came separately anyway for me

To those that have the game - who have you used?

I have been using thegamecollection, who have not failed to get me any game so far on release date, but it would have been nice to have it on Wednesday.

Everyone else using the official Nintendo store, (except @Serebii obviously)?

Those who got the bundle from there, did it come on a van or with the post? Post just came and nothing.

Royal Mail postal van, early, before I was even up! :indeed:

But it could arrive any time for you up until the later afternoon so don't give up hope! : peace:

This reminds me, I have this! I should be playing it... other things to do though, reviews and such but soon! Especially as I have today off. :D

Mine arrived this morning (from TheGameCollection). Did the first level, missed a flower and a stamp.

I think this is actually my first 2D platformer on the Wii U.

Also, love the costumes.

Oh, and for some reason I was expecting some random designs from the Pokémon ones, not just Green Yoshi with an Amiibo logo. Still, the rest look great.

Oh, and @Serebii, you'll be pleased to hear that there are no "blank spaces" in the Amiibo section. It just shows unlocked ones.

Edited by Cube

To those that have the game - who have you used?

I have been using thegamecollection, who have not failed to get me any game so far on release date, but it would have been nice to have it on Wednesday.

Everyone else using the official Nintendo store, (except @Serebii obviously)?

I went to my independant game shop.

Who needs online?

I cancelled my thegamecollection game only order and yesterday morning I got a confirmation e-mail that it was cancelled and I'd receive a refund soon but that was followed a few hours later by a your order has been despatched. ??? Nothing doing on my bank balance but that could take a few days. Am I getting a refund, should I contact them only for them to ask me to return the game? I've arrangements to buy the amiibo bundle here in Ireland instead. Chances are now that it will arrive tomorrow.