NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Yoshi's Woolly World (June 26th)

Wii U VC release. No news about it in Europe.

It's shit, anyway.

I actually quite like Command myself! It's really very underrated! (and the story is utterly hilarious :laughing:)

I actually quite like Command myself! It's really very underrated! (and the story is utterly hilarious :laughing:)

I liked Command more than 64. There, I said it.

I actually bothered to see all of the endings in Command, whereas in 64, it's very hard for me not to get bored before I finish the game. Haven't even bothered with Expert ever.

Can't wait. I hope the game is full of imaginative levels like the haunted house disappearing platforms one they're showing off.

I'm not watching any of this, I know I'll love it, just want to play it now!!

This game looks so...

...Niice!

Treehouse is definitely the highlight of E3 for me, once again. :D

So apparently some of the Amiibo stock has been damaged? There'd reports flying around that some European retailers are cancelling orders of the special edition.

It's mainly in France supposedly. So it shouldn't affect UK and Irish orders hopefully.

yeah hopefully it won't effect anywhere else outside of France. Also, someone posted this on Gaf, thought it was funny

Extinct_Yoshi.png

ShopTo already started processing my Yarn Yoshi Amiibo (although they probably won't send it until Wednesday).

I also decided to order the game based on the Treehouse footage.

IGN Italy - 8.2 / 10

NintendoWorldReport – 8.5 / 10

GameReactor – 9 / 10

VideoGamer – 6 / 10

Nintendo Life – 9 / 10

GameSpot – 6 / 10

DigitalSpy – 3 / 5

GamesRadar – 3.5 / 5

I completely agree with the N-E review, right down to the feeling that I was playing a classic. I'm shocked at how low some of the other sites' scores are!

It's a right mixed bag so far. Nothing shocks me with Gamespot review scores anymore. I think difficulty and lack of checkpoints are common complaints. I welcome a difficult game.

It’s attention to detail, and the unparalleled passion behind creating it, that makes Yoshi’s Woolly World such a memorable adventure. And while it may be Woolly World’s cuddly exterior that captivates you at first, this playful tale is one that will be forever remembered as one of the best that Yoshi’s fluttered his way through.

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2015/06/22/yoshis-woolly-world-review/

Yoshi's Woolly World has been a long time coming, but it's been absolutely worth the wait. It's accomplished platforming within Yoshi's quirky and unique template, and has enough soft cuteness to charm young gamers and melt the hearts of the most jaded of veteran gamers. Along with some of Nintendo's best co-op platforming, tough collectible challenges for skilled players and some simple but neat use of amiibo, it also delivers where it matters the most with clever, witty stage design. This stands up as one of the Wii U's elite games - perfect for snuggled in gaming time.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu/yoshis_woolly_world

I completely agree with the N-E review, right down to the feeling that I was playing a classic. I'm shocked at how low some of the other sites' scores are!

The only other review I've fully read is the NintendoLife one, genuinely suprised that others have scored it so low, 6/10?!

Though I must read them to see if their criticism's are valid :)

@Wii I read the Gamespot Arkham Knight review and it sounded really positive, didn't like the bat mobile sections, fair enough, but seemed to enjoy it...7/10. I swear they do it on purpose now :p

IGN's main site review.

THE VERDICT

There’s a handful of really great levels in Yoshi’s Woolly World, which makes the most of its setting and choice of character. The world is exactly what I expected, thematically and in terms of structure: sand, snow, clouds, and fire, punctuated by bosses holed-up in themed fortresses. It’s incredibly familiar, but the imaginative and attractive art style makes it feel fresh and appealing. Outside of those great few levels, Woolly World is a more forgettable and fragmented experience. Cool mechanics are cooked up, but they’re dropped into levels which never realise their full potential and fixate more on unearthing frustrating collectibles.

+Arts-and-crafts style

+Imaginative

+Yoshi's challenged

– Only a few great levels

– Tedious boss battles

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/06/22/yoshis-woolly-world-review

Has anyone got their shopto order yet? they took money from me on Friday and emailed me about the account charge and processing

Has anyone got their shopto order yet? they took money from me on Friday and emailed me about the account charge and processing

ShopTo have started charging early for various things. They say if a game is "popular enough", they'll charge early in case there are any problems with payment. They used to send emails out on the few times they've done it in the past, but they've done it twice for me with no warning.

Although my Yarn Amiibo was dispatched today.

Thank @Cube,i'd began to think it was coming out on tuesday with Batman, its crazy charging 7 days before release on Yoshi's Wooly World which certainly isn't going to be massively popular

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the general public find the game when it comes out later in the week. I'm genuinely baffled by how a game that I loved so much is getting such middling reviews. How a game like this can be called unoriginal, but the New Super Mario Bros games - the epitome of predictability in 2D platformers - can get a free pass is beyond me. :confused: