NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Yoshi's Woolly World (June 26th)

That I think was said or at least hinted at a while back. I think also that the standard Yoshi doesn't allow you to have the doppelganger in game.

That I think was said or at least hinted at a while back. I think also that the standard Yoshi doesn't allow you to have the doppelganger in game.

It does. The image I posted is evidence of this

No I mean the Yarn Yoshi lets you have a second character on screen. The standard Yoshi doesn't.

The costumes are such a cool little bonus for having Amiibo :hehe: It doesn't add or alter anything important so just enjoy it for what it is :smile:

No I mean the Yarn Yoshi lets you have a second character on screen. The standard Yoshi doesn't.

Yes it does. That's what the image Serebii posted shows. Otherwise there'd only be one Yoshi there.

EDIT:

From your own post. ;)

amiibo_yoshi-646x353.jpg

Edited by FireMeowth

I thought I read somewhere that it was only Yarn Yoshi. My mistake. That's good. Maybe I mixed it up with saving a design.

Captain Toad isn't an alternative skin in the game it appears.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-26-yoshis-woolly-world-features-unlockable-character-skins

There's been no mention of whether Sonic, Pac-man or Megaman will have skins. If I had to guess, I'd say no.

No worries, I'm sure you'll scrape a complaint from something, anything, else in no time.

Refreshing to read the comments about the amiibo unlocks in this game on NintendoLife, not a single negative word:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/video_discover_what_happens_when_yoshis_meet_amiibo_in_this_new_yoshirs_woolly_world_trailer

Edit: Didn't take long...

Captain Toad isn't an alternative skin in the game it appears.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-26-yoshis-woolly-world-features-unlockable-character-skins

There's been no mention of whether Sonic, Pac-man or Megaman will have skins. If I had to guess, I'd say no.

Nintendo have said 40+ amiibo will unlock skins. The list on Eurogamer only has 27 characters in it. The Youtube video clearly shows Sonic, Pac-man and Megaman at the bottom.

Hmm.

I kinda see the point, you could look at this as paid DLC already on disk...But... Really...? Is it worth your time to complain? These are skins which (as far as I'm aware) don't alter gameplay, don't offer any advantage... It's just a skin... I don't think anyone would bother discussing if Uncharted 4 shipped with pay-for costumes on disk.

Eurogamer have updated the article above and removed Toads name so he is included it's assumed as a skin for the game. He could be made look rather funny if they put his mushroom hat as Yoshi's nose.

Eurogamer have updated the article above and removed Toads name so he is included it's assumed as a skin for the game. He could be made look rather funny if they put his mushroom hat as Yoshi's nose.

We'll tell you what it's like playing with Toad-Yoshi ;)

I was lucky to get a review copy of this today, and so far, my impressions are extremely positive. I've blasted through World 1 (well, I say blasted, but actually mean revisited levels and meticulously picked up as many collectibles as I can!) and I can't wait to try more tomorrow - Splatoon is definitely on hold for a few days! I hadn't paid much attention to Woolly World up to this point - it barely seems five minutes since New Island... or Yoshi's Island 2... and I was expecting it to be just another Yoshi game. And in a way... it is. Shy Guys - check. Egg (yarn) throwing - check. Kamek - you bet. But... there's something about it that makes it so, so much better.

The visuals look absolutely gorgeous, and unlike with Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, you can actually appreciate them in full HD. This is what Yoshi's Story desperately wanted to look like, and more. The music is, on the whole, upbeat and catchy, and a world away from the sleep-inducing tunes in New Island. The difficulty level so far has not been too easy, in fact there was one level that caused multiple deaths just before I switched off, but thankfully, with no lives to worry about, you're rarely put back too far when you die. The yarn mechanic, as well as providing some cool visual set pieces, makes for some clever puzzle solving moments, and I'm always excited to see what's around the corner. Sure it all feels a little familiar, but I think a lot of people are going to be very happy when they get their hands on this!

New Yoshi's Woolly World screenshots.

eurogamer-4wl298.jpg

eurogamer-8tufi9.jpg

eurogamer-9qx0d7.jpg

eurogamer-fyapxn.jpg

eurogamer-gtzt13.jpg

eurogamer-m3cb7t.jpg

eurogamer-rjv8fd.jpg

eurogamer-uiuhz8.jpg

I've put a spoiler tag on just in case some consider the screenshots well spoilery. They're not really and they were sent out by Nintendo.

Edited by Wii

Not that it matters but there seem to be a few DKCTF influences in there, like the on rails curtain riding, and those windmills look right out of W2 Level1. Still learn from the best 'ey!

Full details of Yoshi's Woolly World amiibo use revealed

17881.jpg

Nintendo has released details of how Yoshi's Woolly World uses amiibo to unlock special Yoshi patterns using all available amiibo.

As announced recently by Nintendo of Europe, players will be able to use amiibo in Yoshi's Woolly World to unlock Yoshi patterns based on characters such as Mario, Donkey Kong, and more.

However, while not every amiibo will be able to unlock a unique themed pattern in this way, those that are left out will still be able to unlock additional Yoshi patterns as well.

The three Yarn Yoshi amiibo will allow players to save their favourite Yoshi pattern to the amiibo - presumably with read-write functionality - ensuring it will appear when tapping the amiibo to the Wii U GamePad to have Double Yoshi appear in the game.

While the other two Yoshi - from the Super Smash Bros. Collection and the Super Mario Collection - will not feature this functionality, they can still be used to unlock Double Yoshi, albeit one that is not made of yarn.

Of the other amiibo, the Pokémon - Pikachu, Charizard, Greninja, Jigglypuff, and Lucario - will all unlock additional Yoshi patterns, though not based on the corresponding character; every other amiibo will unlock a unique themed Yoshi pattern.

Yoshi's Woolly World launches in Europe on 26 June for Wii U.

http://www.thenintendochannel.com/news.php?n=1195

Of the other amiibo, the Pokémon - Pikachu, Charizard, Greninja, Jigglypuff, and Lucario - will all unlock additional Yoshi patterns, though not based on the corresponding character; every other amiibo will unlock a unique themed Yoshi pattern.

Well now I'm even more convinced that the Pokemon Company stepped in and said "No, that's a bad Yoshi!"

I need to know why they're being so over-protective. So much potential for those Pokemon Amiibo's are being squandered!

tumblr_mylz2sO1nl1sababto1_1280.png

This could have actually been a thing, guys!

At least my Greninja Amiibo won't go totally to waste...

Oh yeah, beat the final boss of this the other night. If you're on the fence about getting this when it comes out, I'd definitely say to go for it - such a great game!

CHuxWOiWoAAc54j.jpg

WOW! Yoshi's Wooly World isn't out until OCTOBER in the US!?

Man, I would be PISSED if I lived in the US!

CHuxWOiWoAAc54j.jpg

WOW! Yoshi's Wooly World isn't out until OCTOBER in the US!?

Man, I would be PISSED if I lived in the US!

Starfox Command?! Have I missed something?!

Starfox Command?! Have I missed something?!

Wii U VC release. No news about it in Europe.

It's shit, anyway.