NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Yoshi's Woolly World (June 26th)

I wonder when they'll be putting the amiibo up individually. Happy to pay £14 for the one I want, but would like to get the game for cheaper than £40. Have stuck a pre-order down on the £50 bundle just in case they really are impossible to get hold of, I think I would like the blue one instead but not bothered enough to pay a premium to get it.

Where'd you find it for €50? Can't imagine it was in Finland given your past talk of games prices in your country. Was it the Zavvi deal? What about delivery and customs if it was?

Actually, this one was from Finland. We have this electronics chain called Verkkokauppa, who tend to sell game cheaper than anyone else. The bundle is sold out by now, so it seems like they got only a small shipment of it.

Strangely enough, they do not have Splatoon bundle available at all, but I was able yo nab that one from Amazon for 45€.

I've pre-ordered from the Nintendo Store again. Gone for the Amiibo special edition, I love special editions, and whilst not a massive fan of Amiibo, those Yarn Yoshi's are just too cool to miss out on!

Also, game looks amazing. The more I see of it, the more excited I am to play it. Still love Yoshi's Island on the SNES to this day!

I've gone for the standalone game + amiibo, yes it's a few quid more but I don't like those giant european ratings logos ruining the box art. Still hoping they put up the individual amiibos for sale soon, really want an extra blue and pink one.

Preview: Unraveling the Truth in Yoshi's Woolly World

- enemies cannot be simply unraveled with Yoshi's tongue, but instead have to be bested by first being bound in wool and then jumped upon

- enemies with the likes of Shy Guy, Nipper Plant, Lakitu, and Gusty

- every enemy has been rendered beautifully to reflect the artistic style whilst retaining the look and feel

- writer praises visuals highly

- Yoshi has a more traditional health bar and takes damage as you'd expect him to

- able to recover health by collecting hearts that have a distinct resemblance to the jumping star collectables from previous Yoshi games

- Handles essentially identically to previous games in the series, with Yoshi's iconic tongue being his primary method of despatching enemies

- Yoshi doesn't consume enemies and turn them into eggs, rather he unravels them and turns them into balls of wool

- can be used to bind larger enemies made of materials other than wool, create warp pipes, boxes, platforms, and many other parts of the world to help Yoshi achieve his goal

- also uncover hidden areas simply by unraveling them via a loose bow, revealing secret passageways or hidden items

- plently of collectibles throughout the journey

- Flowers allow you to achieve 100% in a stage and access a mini-game to garner more Beads

- Beads are used as a generic currency and can be used to buy special badges that can assist you in a level

- Stamp Patches are used to unlock Stamps to use on Miiverse once a certain amount have been collected

- collecting all five Wonder Wools in a level unlocks a new Yoshi design to use throughout any and every level should you so desire

- ranging from Flower Yoshi and Circus Yoshi to one that's based upon the Shy Guy enemy

- Yoshi can transform into an umbrella, a mole, a giant version of himself, and a motorbike

- these transformations occur a few times per world and task you with reaching a goal within a certain time limit, or face having to restart it all again

- Mellow Mode doesn't remove all the challenge from the game

- difference in Mellow Mode is that you control Winged Yoshi whose Flutter Jump is replaced by the ability to float at Yoshi's current height indefinitely

- easier to play in this mode, but you'll still take damage and failing a level is still a very real possibility

- you can have a friend join in the fun as a second Yoshi

- run around simultaneously in an effort to reach the goal, and should you run out of balls of wool, one Yoshi can be used as a short-range substitute

That's just a summation of the preview. For full details, go here:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/04/preview_unraveling_the_truth_in_yoshis_woolly_world

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/04/preview_unraveling_the_truth_in_yoshis_woolly_world

I'm genuinely getting very excited for this game :yay:

My wife works with wool for a living (and I'm gonna be pestering her to crochet me a Yoshi :heh:) so it's gonna be loads of fun playing it together :grin:

From everything I've seen recently and my current enjoyment of Kirby's Epic Yarn, I feel like Woolly World has the potential to be my favourite Yoshi game ever :love:

collecting all five Wonder Wools in a level unlocks a new Yoshi design to use throughout any and every level should you so desire

Oh my daze! Adorable Yoshi costumes!?

If I wasn't already going to insta-buy this, then this certainly would have convinced me!

Kirby Epic Yarn almost killed with cuteness overload. This game might just finish the job...

The code is APROFFERDAY1&2

The price is £26.31 to be exact with the code. Otherwise it's £31

The code is APROFFERDAY1&2

The price is £26.31 to be exact with the code. Otherwise it's £31

Where do you input the code..?

Where do you input the code..?

You need to be logged in. Are you registered with the site? When you go to checkout, stage 3. payment, scroll down to voucher and enter the code APROFFERDAY1&2. It knocks off £4.64 from the usual £30.95.

Do I now go with this myself? I've the Yoshi&amiibo bundle preordered with Smyths but would prefer a blue Yoshi.

Edited by Wii

Just cancelled my Shopto order and re-ordered, £26 is a fine price.

That preview has gotten me very excited. Nintendo have been on fire the last few years, releasing top quality title after top quality title, but the exception was Yoshi's New Island, IMO. Sounds like this is a return to form.

125559_wiiu_yoshiswoo3iuar.png

125563_wiiu_yoshiswoorlu9q.png

125564_wiiu_yoshiswooogupv.png

125569_wiiu_yoshiswooevu2i.png

125574_wiiu_yoshiswooi2u0v.png

125570_wiiu_yoshiswooslu67.png

125572_wiiu_yoshiswoo9qubb.png

125575_wiiu_yoshiswoo6hu0h.png

125573_wiiu_yoshiswoo7uuar.png

AjqocvW.png

125570_wiiu_yoshiswooslu67.png

That looks like it could perhaps be the hub world.

Edited by Wii

Nice to see a hub world type thing, I was worried it was going to be a traditional style level select screen. I love the idea of the wonder wool changing Yoshi's appearance, finally a decent reason to collect things. I actually found 100%-ing in New Island really really annoying, with all the missables. Hopefully that's not the case here.

I ordered it too just there. Not saving any money on my other bundle once I buy the amiibo but it does free me up to get the blue yoshi now. Though that's another story. Ye have it so good. I get hammered on the exchange rate, I've to pay for postage and I'll have to wait longer to play it now. It's still a good deal though compared to here.

Yoshi's Woolly World Analysis - Nintendo Direct Trailer & Screenshots (Secrets & Hidden Details)

Um, this is kind of weird. I just got a shipping notice from Rakuten, i swear this game isn't out for another 2 months. Just emailled the address i was given on the notice for clarification.

Edit: Turns out it's normal for this to occur, phew.

Edited by Jimbob

Now thanks to the packaging for the Australian version of the game (which recently moved up release dates) we’ve learnt that other amiibo other than Yoshi will unlock something rather cool.

Other amiibo like Mario, Luigi, Peach and “more” will unlock another character, a Yoshi design based on the character scanned. The back of the box doesn’t show what these Yoshi could look like but a Mario cap wearing, red and blue Yoshi would be quite cool to see. Then just think of the other combinations with other characters. Wario, Ness, Pac-Man Yoshi? Will those be supported? We’ll have to wait too wait and see on June 25th.

http://www.vooks.net/yoshis-woolly-world-supports-amiibo-other-than-yarn-yoshi/

c2qUciz.jpg

Edited by Serebii

Nice little added amiibo perk! I like the sound of all these customised Yoshi designs

Not sure I'll be picking this up at launch, but I've definitely got my eye on this! Love the idea of different Yoshi's with these amiibo. A cool tiny addition that adds value to the figurines. Glad to see my Yoshi amiibo potentially getting some more use! :)

Not sure I'll be picking this up at launch, but I've definitely got my eye on this! Love the idea of different Yoshi's with these amiibo. A cool tiny addition that adds value to the figurines. Glad to see my Yoshi amiibo potentially getting some more use! :)

I think stock/manufacturing issues aside, Nintendo's in-game strategy for amiibo has been excellent, walking the line between not enough and going too far. Their cross-game use in particular was a great idea and really set them apart from the pay-to-play Infinity and Skylanders models.