NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Yoshi's Woolly World (June 26th)

Wii U - Yoshi's Woolly World E3 2014 Trailer

I think it can be viewed on the gamepad in 60 fps. What I did was go into "settings" on the browser then changed "switch user agent" to "chrome". And of course change the auto 360p on the video settings to 720p HD. It will look even nicer again if the finished game runs in 1080p.

Edit: Yep, it definitely works and makes a big difference. For those that don't know Youtube videos can now be viewed in 60 fps on Google Chrome. That's a cool little work around for us Wii U owners.

I went looking for a news story just now to highlight it and found this:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2014/10/30/youtube-60fps-video-is-here-and-it-looks-incredible/

Nice, they use MK8 to showcase it.

Edit 2: It's not perfect so what I'd do is have the video open and set to 720p HD first before changing it to Chrome. Otherwise you can have difficulty seeing some of the icons like play, settings and fullscreen.

Edited by Wii

Game looks unbelievable. Had a mini panic on the multiplayer bit when it says other accessories are needed for multiplayer sold separately. I thought this isn't the amiibo use it is?! like Disney infinity!! but then presumed it probably means controllers... weird they feel the need to say it though

That looks really good... it's like Yoshi's Island but without the stupid baby.

lol I didn't even notice it was the E3 trailer. It's in 60 frames per second now so the video quality is as if you were actually playing the game on your Wii U.

Ah ok, thanks :)

Not that you need an excuse to watch it again of course.

Have to say though, I would like the music to be different in Yoshi games, a bit more uplifting. Yoshi's 'theme' is a bit weird.

Mild violence? is that because you crack eggs over enemies? i mean i know Australia are harsh at ratings but that really is taking the piss

Mild violence? is that because you crack eggs over enemies? i mean i know Australia are harsh at ratings but that really is taking the piss

Maybe Woolly World isn't quite so...woolly after all. Maybe Yoshi has finally turned into the T-Rex we all thought he would do. :D

Eliminate enemies by ripping out their throats with your bare teeth.

Swallow enemies whole before shitting them out as mini-Yoshi-spawn.

...attempt the front crawl and drown because of the stupidly small arms.

My only hope is that the rating goes up even further. What comes after G? R?

Hilarious. They're finally cracking down on all that hardcore violence after how long!?

Reminds me of the time when Kirby's Return to Dreamland was rated E-10 in the US. Me and @Glen\-i joked saying that the higher rating was proof that ESRB finally got round to actually finishing a Kirby game for once! Cause there is always some seriously disturbing crap in those games that they save right for the end :laughing:

Mild violence? Would that rating system even cover something like GTA?! Bizarre.

On a side note, does the game being rated mean it's soon to be released in the region?

Mild violence? Would that rating system even cover something like GTA?! Bizarre.

On a side note, does the game being rated mean it's soon to be released in the region?

AFAIK, it usually takes around 1-4 months from Australian rating for the game to release. Since there's no official release date, I'd take a wild guess for either April or June.

Since Mario Party 10's release date wasn't revealed until 2 months before release, here's hoping Woolly World could release as early as April.

As of another note, Yoshi's Woolly World says online interactivity. It could mean nothing, but only Wii U games that currently have that note, are Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Devil's Third. Probably just Miiverse, though.

Maybe Woolly World isn't quite so...woolly after all. Maybe Yoshi has finally turned into the T-Rex we all thought he would do. :D

Eliminate enemies by ripping out their throats with your bare teeth.

Swallow enemies whole before shitting them out as mini-Yoshi-spawn.

...attempt the front crawl and drown because of the stupidly small arms.

My only hope is that the rating goes up even further. What comes after G? R?

There must be a stealth kill in the game whereupon you sneak up behind an enemy, unwravel some of yourself and use the wool string to choke the enemy to death..?

No voice chat. Not interested.

Is there online multiplayer? Online co-op maybe?

Possible date for the game.

HERE

Probably just a placeholder, but you never know....

I'd be happy with that. Hopefully that's revealed in this week's Direct

Sounds about right, that'd be a week before the rumoured Xenoblade Chronicles X date, so long as it is actually before that then all will be well, if it's a few days before or in the same week then there will be no point in me buying it due to Xenoblade taking up most of my time.

Could easily have been an error because it was quickly changed to 2015. They changed Splatoon from May 29th to just May and similarly Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition has changed from 8th May to just May as well.

Could easily have been an error because it was quickly changed to 2015. They changed Splatoon from May 29th to just May and similarly Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition has changed from 8th May to just May as well.

Probably just covering their backs as I imagine all of these dates would be announced in the next Direct.

Yoshi's New Island was my first Yoshi game and I have to say I wasn't really a fan. The terrible music, the dodgy art style, the frustrating collectables, the whole game just felt very off to me. Like a bad dream. Hopefully this is a little less baby-ish and has a bit more character/polish.

Probably just covering their backs as I imagine all of these dates would be announced in the next Direct.

That's it exactly. The dates are oddly specific and on Fridays for it to be an "error".

Only error is that it went live today and not Thursday.