NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Yoshi's Woolly World (June 26th)

A bit dissapointing that they are using the artstyle from Epic Yarn...

I thought they would go for a cardboard-style.

I thought they would go for a cardboard-style.

They should have gone with a pop-up book style.

I thought the crayon style on the original Yoshi's Island games would have looked awesome on Wii U so I'm a little disappointed from what we saw today. I hope the game manages to find it's own niche rather than coming across like an Epic Yarn sequel..

I was under the impression the game will feature more than the art style we've seen so far?

I mean, we can clearly see Yoshi himself changing appearance in the little clip.

I was majorly disappointed by the fact at first it seemed they'd just dropped Yoshi into Epic Yarn...

but there were those couple of screens later on in the video that looked good and showed something at least a bit different.

---

@Hero\-of\-Time use the HD Youtube videos! :p

Just checked my email and got some directfeed images and this game looks awesome

I'm not sure if Epic Yarn style is the best fit for Yoshi. I think they wanted to reuse the KEY engine and just dropped Yoshi in. Crayola style would have been nicer. To me this is not as vivid.

i think the art style of Yoshi's island was really cool, but i don't dislike this! i cannot wait to see more of this game, loved Yoshi's island its still one of the best SNES games ever

They should have gone with a pop-up book style.

Well, I think that this is quite reminiscent of Yoshi's Story.

Great announcement from Nintendo, even though I'm not sure if Nintendo haven't already released too many 2D platformers lately.

I'm also a little disappointed about the use of the KEY art style. I'd have much preferred something more fitting - like the art style used in Yoshi's Story or maybe a pop-up kids book. This just looks like Yoshi has been copied and pasted into Kirby's game!

I was under the impression the game will feature more than the art style we've seen so far?

I mean, we can clearly see Yoshi himself changing appearance in the little clip.

His appearance does change but it never moves way from the "yarn" look - first he's just an outline with thread, then he becomes filled in and that still at the end shows him quite large but still the same as the second state we see him in.

Right now, it does look like they literally just swapped out Kirby and Waddle Dees for Yoshi and Shy Guys except epic yarn had more detailed backgrounds. I'm hoping this is just early footage and not it's most recent state as it looks like it may be just a bit too close for comfort with the original game right now.

I think they would be better going the Yoshi's Story route and use multiple texture sources but then how soon do you want to see the game such as the multiple cloth types, paper and cardboard, etc.

Tbh I don't think Epic Yarn should ever have been a kirby game - additionally I felt when it came out it was a perfect art style for the Yoshi series after both Yoshi's island, and Yoshi's story(which iirc did have some fabricky bits?). Hopefully more will emerge to suggest this isn't just Yoshi's Epic Yarn...

Glad I haven't played Epic Yarn now! :p

... although I can't help picture it/Kirby all the time whilst watching.

Yoshi's Story's style was kinda a mix between Paper Mario and Epic Yarn so this game's look isn't really out of place. The only big change is that Yoshi and the enemies are knitted. I think it looks beautiful.

I agree it's kind of a weird fit but don't care, looks awesome. When is the tentative release date? (I have no sound, if it's mentioned in the video.)

I agree it's kind of a weird fit but don't care, looks awesome. When is the tentative release date? (I have no sound, if it's mentioned in the video.)
It's Nintendo, they haven't given one! :p

Yeah, it looks a bit copypastey. Still, I'd be more interested to know how it plays, like what game mechanics are used, what is the difficulty etc...

It's Nintendo, they haven't given one! :p

Well that's frustrating. I guess it's better than ND announcing U3 a year in advance and then rushing it out for the deadline instead of polishing it. Although this might be the case of two extremes?

They didn't even mention what year or quarter?

Well that's frustrating. I guess it's better than ND announcing U3 a year in advance and then rushing it out for the deadline instead of polishing it. Although this might be the case of two extremes?

They didn't even mention what year or quarter?

Even if they did, it would probably come out the quarter after that :p

This looks great.

I really like Epic Yarn and was just charmed the whole way through it, so to have a similar looking game with Yoshi as the star is :heart:

I like it when Nintendo give their other characters their own game rather than it being Mario all the time. We just need a Super Princess Peach 2 now and I'll be a happy man! :D

Even if they did, it would probably come out the quarter after that :p

I wouldn't mind. That information is genuinely better than nothing.