NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore (16th Jan)

dear god I need it (especially the artbook... (and swimsuit costumes))

Still need to know whether the European release will have Japanese voice tracks or not - and if not, I need to hear dub voices and songs - before I can safely throw my money at the game though. :(

Strange date. Surprised that it's gonna end up making 2015 after all. Thought it would be a February 2016 release in Japan for sure.

dear god I need it (especially the artbook... (and swimsuit costumes))

Still need to know whether the European release will have Japanese voice tracks or not - and if not, I need to hear dub voices and songs - before I can safely throw my money at the game though. :(

Given that every major RPG from Nintendo since Xenoblade has had dual audio, I'd be shocked if this didn't.

Given that every major RPG from Nintendo since Xenoblade has had dual audio, I'd be shocked if this didn't.

I guess that's true, but I'm still a bit worried. Probably mostly because Atlus are involved, and they're not exactly known for including Japanese voices in their western releases.

Hopefully they don't have any influence on the localization process this time. :heh:

I guess that's true, but I'm still a bit worried. Probably mostly because Atlus are involved, and they're not exactly known for including Japanese voices in their western releases.

Hopefully they don't have any influence on the localization process this time. :heh:

Well Nintendo is the publisher in all territories and I'm pretty sure that Treehouse is localizing it (I think I remember them talking about their involvement during the Treehouse Live E3 event), so I would be very surprised if it lacked dual audio.

Oh god, this game just keeps getting better and better and better with every new reveal/trailer.

Love the remixed Fire Emblem music, too.

God damn this game looks so awesome, I can't wait! I hope we get the special edition over here!

I still have absolutely no idea what genre this game is... :confused:

You are not the only one.

I keep changing my mind whether it's going to be a turn-based RPG or a freaking rhythm game!

Actually, it might even be both for all I know!

June 24th with this special edition

Cge_vRSXEAAd2Zc.jpg:orig

God this thread was an ass to find :p

"Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Fortissimo Edition" - catchy title

I'll have to get this, but seriously, why did they do this to Fire Emblem. All I wanted was a proper Fire Emblem game, it's such a great series and the story and gameplay is soooo deep. Why Nintendo? WHY!!!!!

I am quite looking forward to this. Its not Fire Emblem as Zechs has pointed out - but it will be an Atlus style JPRG so should still be good. Its also likely to be bonkers Japanese and not so many of those games come out over here.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW

(never mind that I already imported the Japanese Fortissimo Edition for the artbook and CD... totally worth it just for the Cipher card anyways, lol)

Warning: That video is less a trailer and more like a summary of the first part of the game (up to what I assume is the first boss), so there are some PRETTY BIG SPOILERS that I'm sure some of us would prefer to enter the game without knowing about.

Looks real good, though. :)

I'll have to get this, but seriously, why did they do this to Fire Emblem. All I wanted was a proper Fire Emblem game, it's such a great series and the story and gameplay is soooo deep. Why Nintendo? WHY!!!!!

It's interesting, what started out as a cross-over seems to have transformed into its own unique IP which utilises characters and themes from both Fire Emblem and SMT. I'd really love to know what the original pitch for this game was.

Nonetheless I am looking forward to this. Feedback from Japan has seemed very good. No doubt it will sell poorly, but I get the feeling that it will go down as a Wii U classic. Discounting the eShop/virtual console, I never thought a console would manage to have less RPGs than the Gamecube...

Yeah, I really want to know what went on behind the scenes with this, as lately it turns out Atlus are handling the localisation (with Nintendo's supervision) when it seemed like Treehouse were handling going by E3 last year. And it's no longer being dubbed. Seems really strange they kept the Japanese names for a Nintendo game, but I suppose it makes sense since they are keeping the original voices.

Happy we have a release date, pretty hyped for it.

June 24th with this special edition

Cge_vRSXEAAd2Zc.jpg:orig

God this thread was an ass to find :p

Dang, I need this so bad! I will definitely pre-order the special edition.

And I checked out that trailer, looks really nice. I also checked out the intro, whilst I knew I shouldn't, I just couldn't help myself. But DAMN. If I didn't want it before (which I really did) then I sure as hell want it now.

Censorship strikes again.

Recent hands-on sessions with Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE at PAX East have confirmed previous reports that the game will be subject to a series of changes for western markets.

The first is an age bump for some of the characters - Tsubasa, Itsuki and Touma - taking them up from 17 to 18 years of age. There are also changes to costumes, with some of the female characters wearing less revealing clothing.

Elsewhere, a dungeon which features portraits of female characters in bikinis has been altered - the characters are now fully-clothed.

Finally, it is being reported that the Hot Springs DLC - which allows characters to dress up in swimwear - will not be released in the west. We don't have official confirmation on this as yet and have asked Nintendo and Atlus for clarification.

Nintendo recently issued a statement claiming that Atlus was responsible for localizing the game, and presumably Atlus has made these changes independently.

The game is now rated T in the US. Apparently it used to be rated as M.

Interesting of Nintendo to pass the buck like that, normally they would just not respond to anything.

If Atlus censors Persona 5 I will be massive disappoint son.

I find it very weird that video games are held to a stricter standard than films for this kind of thing.

Interesting of Nintendo to pass the buck like that, normally they would just not respond to anything.

If Atlus censors Persona 5 I will be massive disappoint son.

I doubt Atlus will censor Persona 5 in the same way.

This has more to do with the game being on a Nintendo platform and it being associated with an established Nintendo franchise which as we know has recently had its latest entry censored but for good reasons in that case.

In this case, it's maybe a bit over the top but then there must be reasons, if this is how it has to be to secure a certain age rating then I guess that's how it has to be, possibly Nintendo passed the buck because they didn't want to deal with the fallout which will likely come from this, who knows? ::shrug:

I'm confident Persona 5 will be safe though due to it releasing on the Playstation platform, if not then we really have reached a new age of censorship in videogames in addition to other media and in our daily lives as well... in which case things will only get worse. :indeed:

Either way, I'll still be buying both games. : peace: