NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles X (4th Dec)

Ok, good point. So basically what you mean is...Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2 and X all confirmed for December Winter, probably launching on the same day too! #scoop

Well they have/are releasing 2 major games in the first 6 months of this year and then probably going from June to December without anything before a triple whammy. Wouldn't put it past them.

I also think with the recent talk from Iwata about their next console, that it could be out much sooner than we think. I don't remember ever hearing Nintendo talk about a new console so early in a current console cycle.

Well they have/are releasing 2 major games in the first 6 months of this year and then probably going from June to December without anything before a triple whammy. Wouldn't put it past them.

I also think with the recent talk from Iwata about their next console, that it could be out much sooner than we think. I don't remember ever hearing Nintendo talk about a new console so early in a current console cycle.

They're talking about it because they were asked about it by an investor and they're peddling the same line that they always have, they start developing the next console as soon as they release the last one.

They also take the time to discuss the Wii U's prospects over the next two years, so don't count on seeing a successor any sooner than the usual 5 year odd time frame.

they start developing the next console as soon as they release the last one.
Exactly, it wasn't news, R&D/development always starts when the current console is done.

I would kill for this to be out this year. Provided that it at least comes close to the greatness that is Xenoblade.

I still can't shake that awful gameplay video we got last time. What were they doing showing that!? Here's to hopefully a much better E3 showing, because if that was at all representative, forget it!

I still can't shake that awful gameplay video we got last time. What were they doing showing that!? Here's to hopefully a much better E3 showing, because if that was at all representative, forget it!

A spiritual successor to Xenoblade plays like Xenoblade? Shock horror! :heh:

Dunno what you were expecting here... a DMC style action game? ::shrug:

Read his messages man, Retro Link hasn't played Xenoblade and to be fair, Xenoblade does look fucking boring when you're not the one playing it!

Oh snap, I seem to have a gap in my mind that spans a few months! You'll see RL's posts about it a few pages back.

To be fair, it was boring as hell. They would have done better to have just shown a normal trailer, rather than explaining the gameplay, which as you said is just like Xenoblade.

Hopefully at E3 we will get a release date and confirmation of online play.

I've never played Xenoblade and the last video we got made it look horrible.

Read his messages man, Retro Link hasn't played Xenoblade and to be fair, Xenoblade does look fucking boring when you're not the one playing it!

Oh snap, I seem to have a gap in my mind that spans a few months! You'll see RL's posts about it a few pages back.

Oh he hasn't played it? Oh fair enough then. You're right, Xenoblade doesn't look that fun when you're watching it but it IS actually fun as hell when you're the one playing it :)

Xenoblade is one of those games you play for the atmoshphere, the story, the characters, the message.

The gameplay can be satisfying at times, but I'd recommend Xenoblade (and X as well from what I've heard of it) for the music alone.

Best complete OST ever!

I went through Xenoblade with a friend and I can say that I couldn't have done it any other way.

It was like we went on a journey together, saw new lands together, discovered insanely strong beasts together. It was great.

So it's a sequel and Riki is returning?

Oh please give us more REYN TIME!!!!!!!!!

This has to be one of the most epic looking games ever made.

I also love the fact that all female Japanese voice overs sound like spoilt 17 year old prom queens and all male Japanese voice overs sound like the most honourable, manly warriors that have ever lived.

I always imagine the conversations to be something like this:

WHINEY FEMALE: "AAAArrrgghhh my tiara only has 3000 diamonds in it! My heart is breaking with spoilt teenage tantrums."

STRONG MALE: "Oh my sweet lady, I shall get you 5000 diamonds and I shall rip them from the lifeless hand of the demon overlord."

Not too sure about getting to customise your character... on the one hand I look forward to making a character as close to looking like me as I can get....on the other hand... but I do tend to prefer story driven games with there set characters, plus there's a lack of overal identity of who the character is for promos/merch possibly

The enemy movement and collision detection with your character was horrible.

I am seriously BLOWN AWAY by the draw distance!
Yep, amazing! Wonder if Monolith inspired or even helped the Zelda team to move to an open world? Edited by Retro_Link
Automerged Doublepost

Cannot wait, ultimately hyped for this, looks AMAZING!

Yeah this looks pretty amazing!

Xenoblade never really grabbed my interest, but I'm loving what I'm seeing of this!

I'm gonna get so lost in exploration on this game it'll prolly take me twice as long to complete as Xenoblade did

HUGE. really impressive. Looked a little barren BUT...this is just one area and Neon LA was buzzing. I took a ton of pics via the N-E twitter. Have a gander. :)

Hands down the best game for me. Shame it's 2015 but I don't mind waiting knowing that it'll be worth it.