NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles X (4th Dec)

Some people will have to take back what they've said about muddy looking 360/PS3 games in the past however if this stays in it's current colour palette.

I don't understand why after Xenoblade, they've now de-saturated everything? In it's simplest form, why is the grass beige and not green for example, even that would make huge difference.

Please brighten it up a little! :)

I remember the general complexion of the early 'Monado' trailer was dull as hell, so I'm not concerned about this. Monolith's designers won't have forgotten how to make a nice looking game overnight.

Some people will have to take back what they've said about muddy looking 360/PS3 games in the past however if this stays in it's current colour palette.

I don't understand why after Xenoblade, they've now de-saturated everything? In it's simplest form, why is the grass beige and not green for example, even that would make huge difference.

Please brighten it up a little! :)

Def agree on this!

Well, the mystery character DOES look like Shulk, and the game looks like more of the same so I'll probably get it. The mechs look cool, I wonder how much new/different it'll bring to the table compared to Xenoblade(not played any others in the 'series'). Overall though the ND was a bit meh, this is the only thing getting me mildly excited.

*totally need to finish xenoblade*

Edited by Rummy

I had absolutely no interest in the Wii version, yet this looks great.

Allergic to amazing games or something? :p

Oh, God...I swear I saw God for a moment watching this trailer.

YEEEESSSSSSSSssssssss. Not even finished Xenoblade yet, but this alone pretty much seals the WiiU purchase for me.

Nintendo, why you no do moar games like this?!

Allergic to amazing games or something? :p

I've never played a Japanese RPG that I've liked. Thus, I didn't pay much attention.

Actually, the bits of the game I did see (a few trailers and a demo unit) looked rather dull and makes this one look colourful.

So the colourful parts will likely be shown later on.

Edit: Except for Paper Mario. For some reason that doesn't seem very Japanese.

I've never played a Japanese RPG that I've liked. Thus, I didn't pay much attention.

Actually, the bits of the game I did see (a few trailers and a demo unit) looked rather dull and makes this one look colourful.

It's worth trying out if you can. Only criticism is that it can be overwhelming with how much there is to do. But, otherwise, it's a wonderful game. Head and shoulders above the last Zelda by some distance.

The music. Worth playing for that alone.

Oh man, I feel for you. To never have gone to town on Final Fantasy VII through to IX. To never have enjoyed Shadow Hearts, to never have reveled in Dragon Quest.

This is sad stuff. Give me a moment.

It's worth trying out if you can. Only criticism is that it can be overwhelming with how much there is to do. But, otherwise, it's a wonderful game. Head and shoulders above the last Zelda by some distance. You don't know what you're missing.

The music. Worth playing for that alone.

I concur with everything Fierce Link has said. It's easily the best game on Wii, well maybe not easily but it's definitely the best game and the best game of the whole generation. This is different from alot of Japanese RPG's as it's not turn based which is a plus in my eyes.

It's confirmed. This game has online multiplayer. Some of the screen grabs have been translated. I'll try to link the pic in a few minutes.

Did you get kidnapped on the way to get those screenshots? : D

Give me a minute. Incoming......

BBTad1TCEAI9LN2.jpg:large

Edited by Wii

Sure I saw a giant enemy crab at the 40 seconds mark.

And there was definitely some massive damage taking place...

Next gen starts NAOW!

Sure I saw a giant enemy crab at the 40 seconds mark.

And there was definitely some massive damage taking place...

Next gen starts NAOW!

But no real time weapon change? 2/10 flop of the year.

This is the game im most looking forward to on the wii u as of yet. Ive not even finished the original!

I'm a bit disappointed that this is a sequel to Xenoblade (at least in terms of gameplay style). Was hoping that it would be something a bit different.

That being said OHEMGEE!!! GIMME!!!

I have yet to play Xenoblade, so they can take as long as they want with this:heh:

Start it now and then maybe, just maybe you'll be finished by the time this comes out. Seriously it's a huge game.

i hope we dont have to wait long for this game, they HAVE to bring this out this summer(i hope), this game looks just awesome, i also saw multiplayer, that makes it even more awesome.

and i hope to see videos of the new zelda game (not windwaker remake) but the new zelda at E3

I think this will be early 2014, but I could be wrong as the footage did look to be in quite an advanced stage. Plenty of monsters were shown and also the environments seemed pretty complete. What's more the online chat system was in place.

I've never played a Japanese RPG that I've liked.

Allow me to encourage you to at the very least TRY Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI. Dragon Quest V/VIII, Final Fantasy IV, Secret Of Mana, Xenogears and Earthbound are incredible too, but FFVI and Chrono Trigger are the undisputed kings of the JRPG. The equivalents to Baldur's Gate 2 and Planescape: Torment on the WRPG side.

STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM FFVII, THOUGH.

Oh man, I feel for you. To never have gone to town on Final Fantasy VII through to IX.

If I may contribute a bit here, FFVII and VIII are atrociously bad, imo. FFVII is the worst game I've ever completed, by a long long margin.

--------------

Holy shit this game looks great. But the colours do need some livening up, yeah!

While I never played FFVIII, Final Fantasy IX is the game that made me like JRPGs in the first place. It's really good. Chrono Trigger, also.

And FFVII is so bad...

Anyway! I will probably see if I can finally pick up Xenoblade before this comes out.

Just to say, for me, Xenoblade was like nothing I'd played before. Yes, it had the JRPG vibe(kept thinking of FFX, the only 3D FF i properly played), but the real time battle system makes it all the so much different. Turn-based can feel like a chore/grind, Xenoblade kept me well in relation. As Flink said too, there is just SO much to do, as well.

While I never played FFVIII, Final Fantasy IX is the game that made me like JRPGs in the first place. It's really good. Chrono Trigger, also.

And FFVII is so bad...

Anyway! I will probably see if I can finally pick up Xenoblade before this comes out.

IX is awesome yeah.

Out of the games I've played it goes VI>IV>IX>X=XII. 7 and 8 are... I refuse to include them there. 7 had a great soundtrack and a decent enough story, but as a game it failed completely across the whole board, the single most overrated disaster of all time. 8 I gave up on about 15 hours in, too similar to 7...

Se não encontrares o Xenobalde a preço catita eu empresto-to... visto que também és do Porto, não custa nada.

Looks brilliant for the most part. However when the main character is running along the shoreline at the beginning, you can see sharp edges in the shore itself. Also, whenever the main character draws out a gun, it seems like there's some insane auto aiming going on. Do not like!