NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles X (4th Dec)

Flying skell GET. And then I accidentally trashed it, didn't get a perfect on my timing, so that's one insurance use down..

I'm just about to take my license missions. You had to use the insurance much since you got the Skell?

Played a bit today and everything is fine (I am still learning), but the font is killing me.

Ugh, what luck.. Christmas holiday started and I bought a new external hard drive to play this. And since Wii U requires more power for it, I had to get one of those USB Y-cables. I ordered one from eBay as it was less than 2€. Arrived today, and of course it was broken, the connector is totally bent. Sure, it was cheap, and they will hopefully send me a replacement, but it's going to be another 3 weeks in the mail...

85 hours into this now, and currently making my way through a load of missions before I start the final chapter (which, to be honest I'm just putting off doing as I'm sure the last boss will wipe the floor with me!) How's everyone else doing?

53 hours in, level 35. Just finished chapter 8 (for which I was quite overlevelled). Had a peak at chapter 9 to see what all of the fuss was about and sure enough my arse was kicked. Going to hang back and do some questing exploring and take a crack at it at around level 38 I think.

Hey @Mr\-Paul still looking forward to the N-E review - any news?

Edited by peterl0
Automerged Doublepost

I too just finished Chapter 8. Only at Level 30 though, but I just spent a load of money kitting my main squad out in skells, and my new skell has this ridiculous weapon that OHKO's most things. Lovely.

Will do some missions and some grinding based on what you guys said about Chapter 9. Chapter 8 was lots of fun though

What weapon was that then? Sounds good. My best Skell weapon is the shoulder charge one which seems to do about 6k worth of damage. That is usually just a chunk of a typical level 30 energy bar though.

What weapon was that then? Sounds good. My best Skell weapon is the shoulder charge one which seems to do about 6k worth of damage. That is usually just a chunk of a typical level 30 energy bar though.

Not sure. It came with the new frame I bought. Will have a look next time I'm on.

Decided to give the final chapter a go tonight, and was surprised to actually beat the final boss first time! Lots of cutscene in the final chapter, but it certainly did a good job at reigniting my interest in the story, which, until this evening, I hadn't been particularly engaged by. Great game overall - definitely not up to the standards of Xenoblade on Wii - but worth playing for sure. I only had around 55% of Mira surveyed when I finished, so I'm looking forward to getting back into it to carry on with more of the missions. I'd also been putting off getting Fast Racing Neo until I'd beaten the main story, so it's now gong to be my Christmas present to myself. :)

What was your final finish time, @Mike? Curious to hear just how long the game is.

Around 95 hours, give or take. Could definitely have been done quicker, but I just got so drawn into the side quests!

I've put in a rather pitiful 12 hours or so? I can't even remember... :indeed: into this game, I really should put in the time but I'm having too much fun playing other games currently plus I have VC games to catch up with and review.

I will say this though, it's definitely an enjoyable game even from the first few hours but I feel as if I have only just scratched the surface. : peace:

50 hours in and finally got a flying Skell. Man this is amazing. Really opens up the game, though that drains fuel like a bitch haha

Seeing as this is a game that will sell out rather than get any significant price drop I nabbed it in the boxing day sales.

How best to jncrease affinity with characters? There's a few affinity missions I want to do before starting chapter 9 but they require like 3 hearts affinity with the missions character with exception of Elma and Lin, everyone else is at only 1 heart :heh:

Nothing very good during the game - just completing normal missions I think.

I have brought my Affinity with H.B., Doug, Gwin and Alexa up to the requirements for their first affinity mission by doing this.

After the story is finished there are specific quests to grind more easily for affinity.

Also: Be wary of chapter 9. I think I took it on at level 43 and still had difficulty!

Seeing as this is a game that will sell out rather than get any significant price drop I nabbed it in the boxing day sales.

What price at? I have considered the risk of missing out on it completely, that I might pick it up at some point. Can't see myself actually getting round to it yet though.

What price at? I have considered the risk of missing out on it completely, that I might pick it up at some point. Can't see myself actually getting round to it yet though.

Not really cheaper at all, £39.85

If you want to get it closer to £35 you'll have go to to ebay.

It's 34.95 here

Not really cheaper at all, £39.85

If you want to get it closer to £35 you'll have go to to ebay.

Simply Games had it for just under £32 the other week. It's out of stock now, though.

HERE

Apparently it sold over 200k physical copies in the USA in december.

Not bad at all

Yeah, I hope it will have long enough legs to do at least one million worldwide.