NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles X (4th Dec)

300?cb=20120704210257

Syrenne's story arc actually had me holding back tears at one point.

Best character in the entire game. Maybe even best in the past few years.

Ah, Syrenne. :heart::heart::heart:

Did you ever play The Last Story?

I definitely considered it for a while but the price was never tempting enough.. and isn't really likely to ever be now :indeed:

I always felt it looked like the least appealing of the three games :red:

I definitely considered it for a while but the price was never tempting enough.. and isn't really likely to ever be now :indeed:

I always felt it looked like the least appealing of the three games :red:

It may appear on the eShop, although things may get a bit sketchy seeing as Mistwalker created it. Still, I hope it does. The more people that get to play it, the better. Like Xenoblade, it has held its price and increased in value even further in recent years.

According to the link that VsPhoenix posted in the release dates thread, it seems there will be a limited edition of the game featuring a steelbook, artbook, map and poster.

Was that known prior to today?

Anyone else here feel that they originally planned on having a Nintendo Direct today, but since it was cancelled (for obvious reasons) they've just unceremoniously dumped these release dates out there?

According to the link that VsPhoenix posted in the release dates thread, it seems there will be a limited edition of the game featuring a steelbook, artbook, map and poster.

Was that known prior to today?

It was announced at gamescom.

CI7_WiiU_XenobladeChroniclesX_Artbook_UKV_CMM_big.jpg

It was announced at gamescom.

CI7_WiiU_XenobladeChroniclesX_Artbook_UKV_CMM_big.jpg

Aha, shows how much attention I pay to things these days... I'm really out the loop on a lot of stuff like this.

Xenoblade Chronicles X art concepts panel from PAX.

Also reveals the contents of the American special edition.

CNnB-wSXAAAQn5S.jpg

Wish we were getting that version in Europe.

That soundtrack is so utterly rubbish and pointless. Anyone else hate it when they include crappy "sampler" soundtracks which only have like 5-10 tracks from the game?

I just don't get why Nintendo don't make their soundtracks easy and accessible for people outside of Japan to buy! Costs a fortune to get them shipped over!

Why not at least offer digital versions to buy from their website!?

That soundtrack is so utterly rubbish and pointless. Anyone else hate it when they include crappy "sampler" soundtracks which only have like 5-10 tracks from the game?

I just don't get why Nintendo don't make their soundtracks easy and accessible for people outside of Japan to buy! Costs a fortune to get them shipped over!

Why not at least offer digital versions to buy from their website!?

These days, big soundtracks are on Spotify. The Last of Us, The Order 1886 and Everybody's Gone To The Rapture are three of my favourite current soundtracks and are all on Spotify. Maybe that could or should be an option.

After thinking about this logically and doing a quick search I've found that it's entirely possible for me to copy my original Wii save over to my Wii U and continue playing with the digital version. :)

I suppose this should be obvious being that it's the same game but still, it would mean that I could continue my 50 hours in save from years ago, I really should endeavour to finally finish it sometime before December. :indeed:

I remembered this post as I'm closing in on the 50hr mark myself and was just curious as to where you had reached by this point.. if you can remember :heh:

I remembered this post as I'm closing in on the 50hr mark myself and was just curious as to where you had reached by this point.. if you can remember :heh:

A rather large forest, if I recall correctly. :)

A rather large forest, if I recall correctly. :)

That must be Makna Forest :smile:

I figured we may be near each other given the similar amount of playtime but I passed that area a long time ago. Heropon Riki awaits your return :heh:

So I've picked up Xenoblade Chronicles from the eshop and played about 5 hours so far, really enjoyed the start, just got my hands on the Monado, so thinking the proper part of the game starts now!

However, anyone else picked it up from the eshop? It supports the game pad and has off TV play as well, really surprised me! :)

I did. Lovely being able to play it Off TV!

Loading times are dramatically reduced too (cut down by more than half for the most part :) )

I just cleared the new 3DS version! Was definetly a game I enjoyed, the locations are brilliant! Only the second half of the game felt way less exciting than the first part. Still, very intruiged how the WiiU game will connect to this (if it connects at all?).

Still, very intruiged how the WiiU game will connect to this (if it connects at all?).

It doesn't.

Ordered! :D

I love how quickly they send the e-mails out to let you know when something has gone up on the store. :)

I'd advise anyone who wants the limited edition to pre-order quickly if the stock levels are anything like as low as Project Zero was... :(

Probably not but you never know. : peace:

I think I'm gonna give the limited edition version a miss. The only thing I'm even remotely interested in would be the art book and since it's not gonna be a full size one, it's not worth an extra £20 to me (especially when I'm gonna be buying two copies anyway!)

£60 is taking the piss a bit, to be honest. £50 should be the limit really. I know they'll probably charge £50 for the digital copy on the eShop but I bet you can probably get the standard edition for around £30-35. That's not an extra £25-30 worth of stuff. It's a extra bits of paper that will probably be looked at once by most people and an extra case that's probably worth a quid.

£60 is taking the piss a bit, to be honest. £50 should be the limit really. I know they'll probably charge £50 for the digital copy on the eShop but I bet you can probably get the standard edition for around £30-35. That's not an extra £25-30 worth of stuff. It's a extra bits of paper that will probably be looked at once by most people and an extra case that's probably worth a quid.

Yep, the standard version is 34.99 here already; http://www.base.com/buy/product/xenoblade-chronicles-x-wii-u/dgc-xwiiu.htm

Not worth the extra 25 quid.