NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles X (4th Dec)

It'll be the PS4 all over again :p

Haha. I know. I will buy it, and not like it... :)

*checks to make sure that this is the right thread*

Is Shulk in this game? Or any of the characters from the Wii game?

I'm not currently pumped, but I hope to be closer to release. The battle system was excellent in Chronicles and it looks pretty ace here.

Shulk's a returning character no? Like from the original trailer? He'd be the only one afaik though, and probably not as playable given the whole character creation bit.

As for the battle system in the original - I guess I could say I enjoyed it because it was real-timeish but I'd say my order of priorities of what I liked about the game are most in line with peterl0's postings!

I was still planning on buying this to give it a proper go... But maybe that isnt a good idea....

Look, you don't want to be that guy who was a total dazzybee with Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Shulk's a returning character no? Like from the original trailer?

Uh... No.

I don't think any of the Xenoblade characters are in this.

The only thing from the original are the Nopon. And no, Riki isn't one of them.

(You could always make a character that looks like Shulk, but everyone would just do that.)

Not sure if it's a simultaneous launch in Europe and the U.S. but the game is down for a release on 4th December.

WOOT, only part o fthe DE that mattered to me.

My Xmas is sorted now :D

Just give me a confirmed exact date so I can get my pre-order down and go on media blackout :awesome:

Xenoblade Chronicles X - first video with English voices

Oh god, just not feeling hyped for this after seeing that. For me part of this game is ruined by games like Witcher 3, this should be just as beautiful and on a machine that is as capable. The graphics in that cutscene didn't even look great for PS3/360 :/

Also please tell me that the main character has a voice and that's just what it's like when you have to make a decision?!

Saw some of it on Treehouse last night - it definitely looks weaker than XC and maybe by quite a bit. The futuristic setting may be what's doing it, or the Skells, I just dunno. I didn't see much story and the battles whilst seemingly following a similar mechanic didn't feel as fluid/controllable as XC. However despite all this some of the gameplay looks generally similar and I'm hoping for some interesting story stuff(seems to be a lot of decision making that I'm hoping really does have consequences) and off the back of the strength of XC I'll still buy it.

Oho! Here we go

Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U is playable for the first time in Europe at gamescom, as Nintendo reveals two limited edition bundles launching alongside the game in December:

· Xenoblade Chronicles X Wii U Premium Pack: features a black premium Wii U console, a physical copy of the game, an Artbook and a World Map poster

· Xenoblade Chronicles X Limited Edition Pack: features a physical copy of the game, a SteelBook™ cover, a World Map poster, a Cover Art Poster and the Artbook

Can’t make it to gamescom? Those at home can tune into a special Xenoblade Chronicles X Twitch.tv/twitch live stream broadcast on Saturday 8th August between 16.00 – 17.00 CEST to get a sneak peak at the game. In addition the original Wii classic Xenoblade Chronicles is to be made available on Nintendo eShop on Wii U right now! Those who purchase this game will be eligible for a £9.00 GBP discount on Xenoblade Chronicles X if they buy it on Nintendo eShop on the same Wii U console* within two weeks of the game’s launch in December.

CLobm78XAAI4Q6M.jpg:orig

Edited by Serebii

Also, Xeneoblade Chronicles is now available on the Wii u eShop.

Also, Xeneoblade Chronicles is now available on the Wii u eShop.

Anyone with a WiiU yet to play this needs to get it!

Anyone with a WiiU yet to play this needs to get it!

That'll be me then...

I've got a bit of a backlog at the moment and don't want to get Xenoblade fatigued before X hits...however I'll be getting that from eshop so makes sense to get this too and then the discount, when rather than if!

How many hours, roughly, are we talking with Chronicles? I've heard 100 or so...

That'll be me then...

I've got a bit of a backlog at the moment and don't want to get Xenoblade fatigued before X hits...however I'll be getting that from eshop so makes sense to get this too and then the discount, when rather than if!

How many hours, roughly, are we talking with Chronicles? I've heard 100 or so...

Yep, 80-100. A big time investment, but a brilliant, brilliant game.

So the new game is already on eshop? Isn't that to early, or is something else. I am thinking of getting something new and will be able to buy a more expensive game (Mario 3D world, Zelda, Mario Kart, MH were my first options), so this one could be it.

Or is it the Wii version?

So the new game is already on eshop? Isn't that to early, or is something else. I am thinking of getting something new and will be able to buy a more expensive game (Mario 3D world, Zelda, Mario Kart, MH were my first options), so this one could be it.

Or is it the Wii version?

Wii version.

To be clear, story-wise this has nothing to do with the previous game right? I'll see if I can finally buy a Wii U in December.

To be clear, story-wise this has nothing to do with the previous game right? I'll see if I can finally buy a Wii U in December.

Absolutely nothing. Two separate stories.

Unless there's some spoileriffic twist or something that links the two...

(Don't tell me if I'm right, please)

You should still play the original, if you haven't.

Aha and not remastered, I guess?

No, of course not, faster loading times though.

[..]

You should still play the original, if you haven't.

I will eventually, I still have a backlog of Wii games I want to buy and play, the previous game being one of the most prominent. To be honest, Chances are still higher that I'll get Xenoblades Chronicles before I get a Wii U with Xenoblades Chronicles X.

No, of course not, faster loading times though.

Yeah, but it just doesn't look playable.

Absolute nonsense! You're denying yourself what is possibly the greatest RPG ever made for absolutely no good reason!

Who cares if it looks a little jagged in places? It's an incredible game unlike any other!

Don't be a fool and play the game.

It's a great game. Beautiful, beautiful soundtrack. As rough as it looks graphically, it looks great artistically in numerous places.

It's one of the best games to appear on the Wii. I'm actually disappointed that X doesn't really follow on from this because I wanted to see those characters again.

If you can look past the rough edges there is a decent JRPG to be played. I don't dish out the praise for this game like other N-E members ( FAR better JRPGs out there ) but it's still worth a punt. The soundtrack is probably the best thing about the game. You could save your money and just listen to that on YouTube. :D