NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles X (4th Dec)

I do wonder if these packs mean that the disc version will end up loading faster than the digital version... (as the disc + DLC packs will allow for the Wii U to load from USB and Disc at the same time - like what GTA 5 does on 360/PS3)

I wonder if they have something in place for the digital version as well...

Xenoblade Chronicles X New Japanese Trailer - Rewind Theater (IGN)

Xenoblade Chronicles X (comparison) E3 2013 x Direct 2015

Are Monolith Soft dealing with another Wii scenario where the power of the console doesn't match their ambition? The game looks great but I wish I hadn't seen that comparison now. The E3 2013 video is significantly better. Then add that the game in full couldn't fit on one disc and it requires a HDD running in conjunction with the game to speed up the loading times. I'm just saying, it's a nailed on instant purchase before anyone complains but it's something I've noticed. If say the Wii U had the specs of the PS4 would these issues be an issue?

Edited by Wii

I do wonder if these packs mean that the disc version will end up loading faster than the digital version... (as the disc + DLC packs will allow for the Wii U to load from USB and Disc at the same time - like what GTA 5 does on 360/PS3)

I wonder if they have something in place for the digital version as well...

The disk version will still be slowed slightly by reading some stuff from the disk though, right?

I'd image the digital version will still load faster, or on at least on par. I don't see how it would be slower?

The full eShop download of this game is larger than all of the Wii U's 32 GB's of internal memory.

No, it's not. The full eShop download of this game is 22.7GB.

The extra Download packs are for use with the disc version of the game only (about 10GB download total) to minimise loading times, and are not in use with the download version from the eShop.

No, it's not. The full eShop download of this game is 22.7GB.

The extra Download packs are for use with the disc version of the game only (about 10GB download total) to minimise loading times, and are not in use with the download version from the eShop.

That's what I meant. The overall size is >32GB's. Is it possible to have the game on the internal memory and have the extra DLC loading off a hard drive? Or I know I'm semi messing here but could you have 2 external hard drives connected, each with the separate packs? I went from no hard drive for the Wii U to 2 500GB portable hard drives. I might try connecting both of them later and see what happens. Anyway if the system was powerful enough and had a larger disc capacity would it have been 32GB's?

@Wii is right about the E3 2103 video looking better, I thought that when watching it the other day. I do wonder why.

Xenoblade Chronicles X Doll/Network presentation – complete subtitled version

@Wii is right about the E3 2103 video looking better, I thought that when watching it the other day. I do wonder why.

There's nothing really to wonder about. It's quite common for games to look better in early showings, screens, demos and even on the back of the case than in the finished product.

Early showings are running on dev kits and the demos are just mock-ups, they're not the full game.

Once the full game is ready there's lots of optimisation to be done, and you end up having to make concessions to keep things running smoothly.

I could easily list dozens of games that have not looked as good as the footage shown in the initial unveiling.

Latest translated Tweets from Xenoblade Chronicles X director Koh Kojima.

"Two more bits of information relating to the 'Doll/Network' video presentation. You can join Squads once you've reached a certain point in the game. You can choose from Solo Play and Multi-Play. You can also join Squads that your friends are in.

While online, the Player can change the Union they belong to by paying a set fee (using in-game currency). You can be calculating and switch to a Union with good results or you can help raise the rank of the Union you're already in.

The Union you belong to affects the contents of the Union Salary, which you receive once per day, (which can include repair tickets [possible that they mean 'coupons'] for Dolls that have exceed their insurance limit) so it's a good idea to try various ones out."

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=159903823&postcount=2205

The disk version will still be slowed slightly by reading some stuff from the disk though, right?

I'd image the digital version will still load faster, or on at least on par. I don't see how it would be slower?

Because the game will be able to load from the disc and HDD at the same time.

WARNING: This video may cause soiling of pants and Monolith Soft take no responsibility for any such actions.

Xenoblade Chronicles X introduction video

Xenoblade Chronicles X - New Cutscene (w English Sub)

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Xenoblade Chronicles X Dolls videos

http://xenobladex.jp/

Check ot the website for loads of new screenshots and art.

g_img_suzuki02.jpg

img_doll_mira02.jpg

img_sp-welcome14L-05.jpg

img_sp-welcome14L-02.jpg

Edited by Wii

Lots of Xenoblade Chronicles X details about the Dolls

Details stemming from yesterday’s Xenoblade Chronicles X website update have now been translated. You can find them rounded up below.

– Take the “Doll License Certification Exam” once you reach a certain point in the story

– After you pass, you can obtain “Dolls”

– After the “Flight Pack” is developed, you can fly Dolls through the sky

– Dolls can accomplish an enormous variety of things

– Light, Medium, and Heavy Doll types

– Light: Low HP, high Accuracy and Evasion; excellent mobility in battle; low fuel capacity, but gets good mileage while flying; the price makes it a good choice for beginner pilots.

– Medium: Balanced in all areas, and easy to handle; excellent armor on all parts, making it difficult for them to be destroyed; mid-range priced Dolls recommended for pilots with battle experience.

– Heavy: Very high HP and Defense; able to make frequent use of high-powered weaponry due to its high fuel capacity; their heavy frames make them slow in battle, and they get poor mileage while flying; price, but appreciated by veterans and romantic pilots.

– Dolls perform auto attacks in battle with the Hand Weapons equipped to either hand

– Dolls use weapons equipped to other parts to use arts

– Hand Weapons(L/R)…Rods, Swords, Assault Rifles, Shotguns, etc

– Dolls can equip up to 8 weapons to use arts

– Back Weapons(L/R)…Railguns, Missiles, Grenade Launchers, etc. Use high-powered arts

– Shoulder Weapons(L/R)…Missiles, Chainguns, Laser Weapons, etc. Can use arts more powerful than Back Weapons.

– Arm Weapons(L/R)…Shields, Vulcans, etc. Tend to come with arts with extra effects.

– Spare Weapons(L/R)…Beam Sabers, Hand Grenades, etc. Have distinctly short Recast times.

– Just like fighting on-foot, you can expend 3000 TP to activate the “OC Gear”

– Can’t use fuel while in OC Gear

– When using arts, there’s a fixed chance you’ll enter “Cockpit Mode”

– All arts are instantly Recast after Cockpit Mode activates, allowing you to reuse them immediately

– Can “Catch” enemies who are suffering from “Break”

– This prevents them from moving for a fixed period of time

– All attacks against enemies in Catch are guaranteed to hit, and the damage inflicted against them is increased

– Dolls use up fuel while flying around, and when using arts in battle

– Fuel recovers slowly when you disembark from the Doll, but you can also refuel them at NLA

– Use the console at the BLADE Home to change your Doll’s equipment, name, coloring, etc.

Formula Series

- Standard deployment model with a Light Frame base

- The basis for all other Dolls, with its high-speed battle capabilities and two-wheeled vehicle form.

- Low-priced entry-level Frame

- Equipped with the [JINRAI] Gear

Urban Series

- Urban deployment model with a Light Frame base

- High durability and Melee capabilities, but the extra armor reduces its maneuverability and operation time

- Excellent maneuverability in vehicle mode

- Equipped with the [OBORO] Gear

Wels Series

– A custom frame that boasts Medium-level power despite using a Light base

– Very peculiar, but very efficient

– Standard-equipped with the shoulder mounted “G-Buster,” developed alongside this model for its personal use

– Equipped with the [HAGANE] Gear

Lailah Series

– Custom model using a Middle Frame base

– Heavier than the Light frames, but maintains high mobility along with its higher power output thanks to its Light design concept

– Standard-equipped with the shoulder mounted “F-Rifle,” developed alongside this model for its personal use

– Equipped with the [NAGI] Gear

Inferno Series

– Custom model using a Medium Frame base

– Mass-produced as a standard-issue model

– Has high durability, and well-balanced for all effective fighting ranges

– Standard-equipped with the shoulder mounted “B-Gatling,” developed alongside this model for its personal use

– Equipped with the [HIBANA] Gear

Mastema Series

– Multi-legged model using a Heavy Frame base

– Excellent long-range fighting capabilities, but its weight makes for very poor maneuverability

– Standard-equipped with the shoulder mounted “M-Sniper,” developed alongside this model for its personal use

– Difficult to operate in vehicle mode

– Equipped with the [GEKITETU] Gear

Amdusias Series

– Treaded model using a Heavy Frame base

– Boasts the highest Melee Power and durability, due to being designed as an exceptional close-range fighter, but it comes at an absurd price

– Standard-equipped with the shoulder mounted “E-Scythe,” developed alongside this model for its personal use

– Equipped with the [KURENAI] Gear

http://nintendoeverything.com/lots-of-xenoblade-chronicles-x-details-about-the-dolls/

https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1C6LVjUy4ZJ7d17TWK2kwsDxawQTnFWnEV8ApkwWP8tI/pub#id.k10l18adbvp

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/16/xenoblade-chronicles-x-shows-different-types-mechs-can-create/

Edited by Wii

Latest translated Tweets from Xenoblade Chronicles X director Koh Kojima:

There is one little thing to continue on an earlier topic. It comes close to what I tweeted on April 6th. There is a setting which allows you to disable the visuals of head gear (although it is equipped, it isn’t visible). People who don’t like that characters’ faces are hard to see in cut-scenes can relax with that. In contrary to the fashion equipment, you can set this starting from the first playthrough.

Latest translated Tweets from Xenoblade Chronicles X director Koh Kojima:

There is one little thing to continue on an earlier topic. It comes close to what I tweeted on April 6th. There is a setting which allows you to disable the visuals of head gear (although it is equipped, it isn’t visible). People who don’t like that characters’ faces are hard to see in cut-scenes can relax with that. In contrary to the fashion equipment, you can set this starting from the first playthrough.

Screw that, I'll be covering up as many derpy faces as possible!

Those videos that you posted just above @Wii... holy poop, soiling almost happened!

Screw that, I'll be covering up as many derpy faces as possible!
And I'll be freeing the faces! :hehe: Yay for options. :yay:

And I'll be freeing the faces! :hehe: Yay for options. :yay:

Options is only a good thing!

I just wish Nintendo saw things like this too.

This game looks really promising, but really the difference with E3 2013 and E3 2014 is huge. I did kind of drop my jaw back in the X announcement, "is this really a Wii U game?" and of course was bound to be disappointed. Still getting the game day one, actually would already purchase Japanese version but Nintendo...

[TWEET]590031228234924032[/TWEET]

50 page blowout includes information on 'systems,' the first bit of the story, a giant map, and some stuff about the avatar/createacharacter.

Japanese billboard for Xenoblade Chronicles X.

CDCIkeEUEAAdBss.jpg:large

Famitsu have reviewed Xenoblade Chronicles X and scored it 9/9/8/8, 34/40 or 85%. I know it's good but I still expected better, it is Famitsu after all. Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China got the same numbers in this weeks reviews section.

Famitsu have reviewed Xenoblade Chronicles X and scored it 9/9/8/8, 34/40 or 85%. I know it's good but I still expected better, it is Famitsu after all. Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China got the same numbers in this weeks reviews section.

I'm telling you, it's the American accents that'll let this game down.

What do you mean, "That doesn't apply in the Japanese version"!?

It applies in everything!

Xenoblade Chronicles X Story trailer (English subtitles)

I'm not fluent in Japanese, so this translation may be not tottaly acurate... But I think this can give an idea of what it's being said in the trailer (until someone who actually knows Japanese puts out something better than this).

Visit http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct on Friday, April 24, at 11:00 a.m. PT / 2:00 p.m. ET for a video showcase about Xenoblade Chronicles X, an upcoming open-world role-playing game for the Wii U console. And keep watching after the showcase for a Nintendo Treehouse: Live presentation featuring the game. These videos will be available in English only.

Direct Tomorrow

Hype.

Hopefully NoE has one planned as well, or maybe they just mirror it, with different release dates, if necessary.