NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles X (4th Dec)

I thought this was set in some fantasy world. Why would there be an American ship in it?

I think you just answered your own question.

img_sp-welcome02-02.jpg

img_sp-welcome02-03.jpg

img_sp-welcome02-04.jpg

img_sp-welcome02-05.jpg[/center]

And perhaps that's his bill at the end.

http://xenobladex.jp/special/

That's not a bill.

Riki is visiting a temple in these pictures and the piece of paper is basically a glorified version of what one could find in a fortune cookie.

You can buy fortunes at temples: when it's positive you can take it with you, when it's negative you can leave it at the temple so they can do something about the bad omen.

Here’s What The Xenoblade Chronicles X Japanese Box-Art Could Look Like

xenoblade_chronicles_japanese_box_art_unofficial.jpg

We are all anxiously awaiting the arrival of Xenoblade Chronicles X for the Wii U. We already know that development has nearly been wrapped up on the title, but we’ve yet to see the box-art looks like. Thankfully VG Chartz forum member cycycychris has found and snapped a picture of what the box-art could look like once it’s released in Japan. It’s not official by any means, but it looks neat.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/24/heres-what-the-xenoblade-chronicles-x-japanese-box-art-could-look-like/

As a side note, are there multiple copies of that Monster Hunter guide in one wrap, or is it really that thick of a guide? I have personally never seen a guide that big before.

A brief update on the sound effects in Xenoblade Chronicles X

Today’s Xenoblade Chronicles X Twitter update was again written by producer Shingo Kawabata, and not Tetsuya Takahashi. Kawabata touched a bit on the game’s sound effects.

In the messages, it’s mentioned that Xenoblade Chronicles X uses an extensive amount of sound effects. They were produced by Sound Racer and Shojiro Nakaoka. Both parties will also be responsible for the international version of the game.

On another note, Takahashi visited Enterbrain a few hours ago. That likely means Xenoblade Chronicles X will be featured in an upcoming issue of Famitsu.

http://nintendoeverything.com/a-brief-update-on-the-sound-effects-in-xenoblade-chronicles-x/

Xenoblade Chronicles X details – world size, battle system, GamePad usage, and more

WiiU_Xenoblade_scrn01_E3.jpg

Famitsu has a big update on Xenoblade Chronicles X this week. There’s a total of ten pages dedicated to the game, including an interview with director Tetsuya Takahashi.

The following information has leaked out of Famitsu thus far:

– Mira is 400km^2, which is 5 times the size of Xenoblade’s world

– Takahashi’s final check play time was over 300 hours

– “Union” Sound; something like factions for quests

– There are 8 of them, and you can join any of them, and change them depending on your goal

– PATH FINDER, COLEPEDIAN, INTER CEPTOR, LAND BANK, AVALANCE, ARMS, TESTAMENT, COMPANION

– Nagi (Takayuki Sugou): Former Captain of the White Whale and current Military Chief in the Autonomous Government of New Los Angeles

– Guin (Yuichi Nakamura): Worked in the same division as Elma and Irina on Earth; was their subordinate

– Many options for player avatar customization

– Kunihiko Tanaka did the preset avatar designs

– Some famous voices actors providing their voice as options for the avatar, will be announced on the Xenoblade homepage later

– GamePad shows character locations, quest locations

– Warp to previously visited areas on the GamePad

– The use of ‘X [Cross]’ has implications for the online functionality

– Not a standard online game, more ‘loosely connected’

– About 90 songs in the game

– Xenoblade had 1 vocal song at the end, but Xenoblade X has many vocal songs (many for an RPG)

– Sawano involved in all aspects of music

– Battles are faster paced, more-actiony than Xenobalde

– Differentiates close and distant attacks

– No healers

– Healing done with new system called ‘Soul Voice’

– 4-player party

– You control 1 character, the AI controls the rest

– More unique monsters and equipment than Xenoblade

– Xenoblade was a traditional RPG, whereas Xenoblade X is an open world RPG

– Xenoblade was linear despite having big world

– Xenoblade X you will get quests from different places and have more freedom

http://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-x-details-world-size-battle-system-gamepad-usage-and-more/

I wonder when they'll start revealing the online components of this game.

Good god: 5 times the size of Xenoblade, more vocal songs, new healing system, more open world gameplay, 300 hours!?!

Looks like I'll be looking for a new friend to get me through this adventure over the years.

Edited by Fused King

This game is just screaming out to me that it's going to be nothing short of amazing. I cannot wait!

I wonder when they'll start revealing the online components of this game.

Good god: 5 times the size of Xenoblade, more vocal songs, new healing system, more open world gameplay, 300 hours!?!

Looks like I'll be looking for a new friend to get me through this adventure over the years.

I doubt the average play time will be that long.

That was the final check, I'm sure they had to try loads of silly things to check for glitches. Things most people would never do on a first play through.

I doubt the average play time will be that long.

That was the final check, I'm sure they had to try loads of silly things to check for glitches. Things most people would never do on a first play through.

Well, the first Xenoblade cost me and a former mate about 148 hours over a period of roughly 1 and a half year.

So that times 5 would be, :laughing:

All sounds quite interesting.

-Online - what is it/how will it work? A multi aspect to this(especially with voice chat even) will just be the real ultimate cherry on top. Are factions related to online?

-Linearity/lack thereof - whilst XC could be called Linear, the sheer wealth of content and large map areas really didn't make it feel too terribly like it, so not sure whether this is neccessary, or even good or possibly even bad.

-Single player control battle system - isn't this the same as XC, or is it implying some sort of difference? I did rather enjoy XC's battle system, hoping this isn't taking a negative hit.

All in all still bloody excited though, these little info trickles are working wonders for my hype too, thanks for them @Wii!

-Single player control battle system - isn't this the same as XC, or is it implying some sort of difference? I did rather enjoy XC's battle system, hoping this isn't taking a negative hit.

It is the same, just without dedicated healers like Sharla.

Which worries me because Sharla was one of my most used characters...

- Not a standard online game, more ‘loosely connected’

That is a bit gutting. I wanted to be able to play through the main game online with a mate. Perhaps it is only saying the game is not a MMORPG. Worried.:(

Well, the first Xenoblade cost me and a former mate about 148 hours over a period of roughly 1 and a half year.

So that times 5 would be, :laughing:

How would you feel about it if it had online multiplayer though? Potentially co-op maybe? I do wonder if/how they'd do that if you're all playing as the same protagonist though...

- Not a standard online game, more ‘loosely connected’

That is a bit gutting. I wanted to be able to play through the main game online with a mate. Perhaps it is only saying the game is not a MMORPG. Worried.:(

Ahhh, I didn't fully take on board the meaning of that bit. Well...as my post has just implied I too think it'd be awesome to be able to do main game bits with a mate.

Further expansion on earliers bullet points.

Xenoblade Chronicles X Info On Battles, Exploration, And More

Ahead of the game’s release this April in Japan, Xenoblade Chronicles X executive director Tetsuya Takahashi shared a few scant details on the game in an interview with Famitsu magazine. Retail blog Sinobi has summarized some of the more important information, and you can find our translation below.

Player Avatars:

While creating your avatar, you’ll be able to customize the following: gender, face-type, skin color, hairstyle, eyes, makeup, and voice. The base designs for the avatars are done by Kunihiko Tanaka, who designed characters for the game. (Tanaka also worked on Xenogears, and Xenosaga Episode I.)

Additionally, the voice options for the avatar will be provided by famous voice actors, which will be revealed on the official website in the near future.

Comparisons to Xenoblade Chronicles:

In Xenoblade Chronicles X, you’ll use the GamePad as an information terminal. While exploring Planet Mira, data accumulates on the GamePad, and you’ll freely get to access it afterwards. Some of the information that will be available the GamePad screen are details on the player’s position and quest destination.

There will also be a warp function installed on the GamePad, that allows you to warp to areas you’ve previously been to. This is important because Mira is about five times larger than the world in Xenoblade Chronicles. You’ll get to travel across the immense land in a seamless fashion as well. The faraway areas can be reached via the Dolls (mechs) which are capable of flight, or with support from the Wii U GamePad.

Takahashi says that, while Xenoblade Chronicles was a traditional RPG, Xenoblade Chronicles X is made to be an open-world RPG, where you accept quests in different areas and have many aspects that expand the story.

Moving along, here’s some more information Takahashi revealed to Famitsu:

• Takahashi reiterated that while Xenoblade Chronicles X is a game from the same lineage as Xenoblade Chronicles, it is not a sequel to that game—hence the “X” after the title, instead of a “2″.

• The meaning behind the “X” (cross) also has to do with connecting with players far away (“across”). However, Takahashi describes Xenoblade Chronicles X as more of a “loosely connected” online game, rather than a regular online game. It’s unclear as to just what this means at the moment, but it could mean that the online features will be more asynchronous or passive.

• Monolith Soft only prepared one track with vocals for Xenoblade Chronicles, but they’ve prepared a number of these for Xenoblade Chronicles X, enough to be considered quite a lot by RPG standards.

• There are around 90 tracks in the game, and composer Hiroyuki Sawano was involved with all of them.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X’s battle system has the basic foundations of the one from Xenoblade Chronicles, but with an increased sense of speed. It has evolved into something that has a much more action-y feel to it. Characters can use short or long-ranged attacks, and there are no healer-type roles. The healing is done through a new system called “Soul Voice”. (This was demonstrated at E3)

• Parties consist of four members. The player will control his or her character, while the other three are controlled by AI.

• The number of unique monsters in the game and the equipment that you can acquire have been greatly increased. When Takahashi playtested the game recently for a final check, he clocked in at over 300 hours.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is slated for release in Japan on April 29, 2015 for Wii U, and*will launch in North America and Europe later this year. Judging by this interview, Nintendo aren’t ready to reveal everything about the game just yet, so stay tuned for more info in the weeks to come.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/28/xenoblade-chronicles-x-info-battles-exploration/

I'll post the Famitsu scans including photos of your avatar customisation in a few minutes.

1422459550788.jpg

1422459587974.jpg

1422459674466.jpg

1422459748007.jpg

1422459821997.jpg

1422459906749.jpg

1422459991074.jpg

1422460107265.jpg

1422460190533.jpg

Even more translations.

More Xenoblade Chronicles X details

We’ve translated another batch of details about Xenoblade Chronicles X from this week’s Famitsu. There are several points covered here, including the Frontier Network, Unions, and more. A number of you have also asked about off-TV play, and it now looks like that’s confirmed.

Read all of the latest Xenoblade Chronicles X information below.

– You can add scars or beauty spots to faces in the character creator

– In New Los Angles, there are four main areas: blade area, industrial area, commercial area and residential area

– The main character joins BLADE and takes part in the group’s various activities

– In order to search for human pods scattered around Mira, you have to expand the information system called Frontier Network

– If you establish a Data Probe, the data of the surrounding area will be added to the system

– Data Probes can be established in spots called Frontier Network Spot

– A pillar of light helps locating a Frontier Network Spot

– Frontier Network info can be seen on the GamePad

– Map info includes player location, quest target area

– Can warp to already visited places

– Although the GamePad normally works as a terminal, the game can also be played on the GamePad screen

– The activities of BLADE are separated into 8 different divisions called Unions

– Available tasks differ depending on the Union you join

– The player can freely choose which Union to join

– The player can also enter a different Union after the initial decision

– Path Finder: Union for pioneers. Responsible for establishing Data Probes. Expands the Frontier Network.

– Interceptor: Responsible for suppressing native life forms. Guards research teams and rescues citizens.

– Avalanche: Interceptor protects while Avalance attacks. Suppresses dangerous creatures.

– Testament: Search and collects the wreckage of the White Whale. Also looks for things left behind in battlefields.

– Colepedian: Goes to various places of Mira to do research and collect materials.

– Land Bank: Searches Mira for stocking up resources in order to maintain the daily life. An important task is to gather minerals.

– Arms: Helps the “Arms company” to develop weapons like dolls.

– Companion: Helps the civilians of New Los Angles. Does almost anything as task vary from arbitrating quarrels to finding lost cats.

http://nintendoeverything.com/more-xenoblade-chronicles-x-details/

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Ahhh, I forgot that you create your own character in this, so that completely negates one of my previous questions and gives online co-op more feasibility I guess.

Xenoblade Chronicles X Introduces A Couple More Members Of BLADE

We’ve already been introduced to the sharp-tongued commander of BLADE, and this time, the official website updates us with a couple more new characters, including one that has a thing for Irina.

Guin:

xenobladex_1501293_r.jpg

A member of the private military organization, BLADE. Back on Earth, he worked as a subordinate of Elma and Irina as part of the government spec-ops vehicular instructor corps known as the Doll Squad.

xenobladex_1501291_r.jpg

He occasionally messes up here and there, but he’s an honest character who admires Irina and also has a bit of a crush on her.

Nagi:

xenobladex_1501294_r.jpg

Nagi is the former captain of the White Whale, an interstellar immigrant ship. He currently serves as the military director of the autonomous government of NLA (New Los Angeles).

xenobladex_1501292_r.jpg

In order to protect the livelihood of those living on Planet Mira, he works himself to death on a daily basis with government affairs.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/29/xenoblade-chronicles-x-introduces-couple-members-blade/

Xenoblade Chronicles X uses most of the Wii U disk space, more than one disk was once considered

Xenoblade Chronicles X is a huge game. So much so that it nearly takes up all of the space on the Wii U disk, and the game is extremely close to the storage limit. At one point, Monolith Soft actually considered using more than one disk.

All of that information is from today’s Japanese Xenoblade Chronicles X Twitter update, which was posted by producer Shingo Kawabata. His full comments are posted below.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is using up most of the space on the Wii U disk. It’s really, really close to the storage limit. (To the point that at one stage we were considering using more than one disk for the game). To enjoy playing, the enormous seamless map must load quickly (which was achieved through the hard work of our programming division), but we had help from Nintendo proper implementing a further improvement to what we had. I believe we’re going to reveal the details of that on the official page in the future, but to people considering purchasing the packaged version of the game, as one of the game’s developers, I highly recommend you make use of this improvement.

Just in case you’re wondering, Wii U disks offer 25GB of space. It makes you wonder what Xenoblade Chronicles X’s size will be!

http://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-x-uses-most-of-the-wii-u-disk-space-more-than-one-disk-was-once-considered/

Good luck to anybody considering downloading this, that's basically your whole internal memory gone in one game. :eek: I hope things weren't compressed, compromised or cut to make it fit.

It sounds a bit like at least part of the game could be installed on the hard drive in order to make it run more smoothly and seamlessly.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Curse you automerging doublepost. I think 7 hours is the time needed before a new post is allowed.

Anyway, this could be a significant first for Nintendo. Do you think it'll allow some or all of the retail game to be downloaded on the internal memory or hard drive to make the game run smoother and possibly allow it to get over the barrier of the one disc problem? Perhaps the online elements?

What are the online elements? Can we play it fully co op. Or will it just have online missions?

Interesting to see how they handle the install process. I reckon that they'll force you to use the internal storage for the game install and if you choose to download the eShop version, they'll force you to have the game itself stored via USB (so you won't be able to download the game to internal storage at all).

The idea behind this install would be to load from Disc/USB and internal storage at the same time (in order to increase the overall loading bandwidth) so having the downloaded game and the installed data on the same drive would obviously mess that up (like it does for games like GTA 5 PS360 and Titanfall on 360 - lucky that the Wii has some decent internal storage of its own that is seperate from the HDD, unlike the 360 and PS3, so it can bypass this issue!)

Edited by Dcubed

What are the online elements? Can we play it fully co op. Or will it just have online missions?

I believe online is currently mostly undefined. Wasn't it a really early look trailer at an e3 that looked almost Monster Hunter-esque though? Full online co-op with voice chat will be absolute bliss. The game's probably already gonna fly off the shelves, but with online+VC it'll be a beast. Even if some bits of co-op are online exclusive(ie not story related) or the single story is exclusive in parts from online, I'd probably still take it.

Man, the faces in this game are simply horrific.

xenobladex_1501291_r.jpg

Whoever designed these wants fired. They honestly look like some freaky plastic dolls. The faces in Xenoblade were pretty ropey as well but now it's in HD they look even worse.

In regards to online, I took this from the Gaf topic.

-The use of 'X [Cross]' has implications for the online functionality.

-Not a standard online game, more 'loosely connected'

Originally Posted by duckroll

I took a look at the actual text from sinobi about the interview, and the description Takahashi gives the online is definitely indicating something like the passive online features of Souls game. He refers to it as ゆるく繋がるオンラインゲーム which is the common term used these days to refer to stuff like the blood stains, messages, and player shadows.

I was hoping for something like MH or Phantasy Star but sadly that doesn't seem to be the case. :(

xenobladex_1501291_r.jpg

Whoever designed these wants fired. They honestly look like some freaky plastic dolls. The faces in Xenoblade were pretty ropey as well but now it's in HD they look even worse

Yeah, seen lots of people complaining about this, but I actually really like the style they've gone with.

They look just like you said "some freaky plastic dolls", but I see that as a positive. :hehe: It really gives me a kind of Gerry Anderson old-school puppet vibe, which I love.

It's like a Anime/Manga take on Thunderbirds. :heh:

I'm more excited than ever to create my own custom character as a result. :D

As for the online features, I have to admit it will be disappointing if it turns out being so limited, especially as early vids seemed to suggest full online co-op. :( But then again, considering the scope of this game, I suppose it should have been expected.

Edited by RedShell

Thunderbirds!

I knew those faces reminded me of something!

I'm with RedShell here, they are odd, but it's a kinda cool odd, y'know?

Plus, they're American, you know the reputation they have with Plastic Surgery.

Yeah, seen lots of people complaining about this, but I actually really like the style they've gone with.

They look just like you said "some freaky plastic dolls", but I see that as a positive. :hehe: It really gives me a kind of Gerry Anderson old-school puppet vibe, which I love.

Strangely, I was gonna post a picture of Captain Scarlet as a comparison with the picture I posted.

Yeah, not a fan. Even less so when I see S-E pulling out all the stops and doing something like this...

Noctis.png

Whoever designed these wants fired. They honestly look like some freaky plastic dolls.

You mean like some of the amiibo. :heh: