NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles X (4th Dec)

I fast-forwarded past that X gameplay, so boring. The combat looked terrible. The game's not for me I don't think, similar to Monster Hunter and the usual RPGs.

The combat of this (and Xenoblade) and VERY different from that of Monster Hunter... don't like it when people compare Xenoblade with MH cause they are both extremely different, all people see are large monsters and think they must be the same kind of game.

That trailer though, I can't imagine what X will be like without someone shouting 'it's Reyn time' while in battle with glorious music in the background. Character made Xenoblade for me, so at the moment the unfleshed out trailer is looking a little generic. Can't wait to see them make it something special though.

I'm also not a fan of the mech/robots in battle. It's all about characters being powerful for me...

Yeah I'm hoping X ends up being a sequel to Xenoblade and some of the characters will be related to Xenoblades crew, just so we can have a Reyn Jr with the same personality :D

tumblr_lr3pbjJTgQ1qa748ko1_500.png

it__s_reyn_time_by_quadforcefive-d5ap8dz.png

You know what, screw Shulk and his Monado I want Reyn to be in Smash Bros. And I want for his reveal video when it pauses to do the "New Challenge" Text bit it'll say "It's Reyn Time!"

Oh now that would be a dream :D

EDIT

Anyway I loved the vid.... hell any new X footage will make me need new pants :D

Though yeah a proper trailer would have been better.

Yeah... that was a pretty bad showcase of this on the ND. :woops:

Xenoblade isn't a particularly good game to watch someone else play, but the real-time combat system is actually awesome in that game. It'll no doubt be the same with X, but it just doesn't come across well in that footage. :nono:

Yeah I'm hoping X ends up being a sequel to Xenoblade and some of the characters will be related to Xenoblades crew, just so we can have a Reyn Jr with the same personality :D

tumblr_lr3pbjJTgQ1qa748ko1_500.png

Oh man, I hope this also includes a Japanese voice option then. :laughing:

Bayonetta, even in Japan, only had English voices. Not sure what they will do with Bayonetta 2 though.

NINTENDO FINANCIAL BRIEFING DOCUMENT SAYS MONOLITH SOFT X IS COMING THIS YEAR TO US AND EUROPE

The Nintendo financial results briefing for fiscal year ended March 2014 says that Monolith Soft’s highly anticipated X will be coming to North America and Europe sometime this year. The document also has Yarn Yoshi and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem listed, though both these titles release dates are listed as to be determined.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/05/14/nintendo-financial-briefing-document-says-monolith-soft-x-is-coming-this-year-to-us-and-europe/#comments

Major news if this happens. I pray it's true but I also hope it's not being rushed out the door.

Edit: If you go to the link and click on briefing, you'll see a 8 page pdf file of their briefing.

Edited by Wii

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/05/14/nintendo-financial-briefing-document-says-monolith-soft-x-is-coming-this-year-to-us-and-europe/#comments

Major news if this happens. I pray it's true but I also hope it's not being rushed out the door.

Edit: If you go to the link and click on briefing, you'll see a 8 page pdf file of their briefing.

Man I hope it does make it out this year, easily my most anticipated title so far!

Fire Emblem X SMT is still a thing!?

Seriously, how long was it since that was announced?

If X comes out this year, I don't think I could cope with the stress.

I'm too poor for all this awesome!

Still getting Smash first though. But I'll regret any game I have to put on hold...

Unless Smash is January.

I know it's possible, but the Direct did say Winter 2014.

I'm optimistic about this one.

Anyway, should kinda get back on topic...

I'm also in the "English Voices > Japanese voices" group, mainly because of Reyn and the other voices are just fine.

Plus some Americans can't understand some of the characters, which is always funny.

Oh did it. Thought it had just been announced as Winter.

Double checked the direct.

It definitely does say "Winter 2014"

Winter 2014 can still be in 2015, due to some slightly fruity interpretation that publishers sometimes like to do. FFX HD on PS3/Vita was meant to be Winter 2013 but came out in March here.

Winter 2014 can still be in 2015, due to some slightly fruity interpretation that publishers sometimes like to do. FFX HD on PS3/Vita was meant to be Winter 2013 but came out in March here.

Was that due to a delay? Because if not, then surely that's bald-faced lies on their part?

Then again, I do interpret March as Spring. Seasons can be confusing when it comes to release dates.

And if they say winter 2015 then that would mean around Christmas 2015... plenty of room for Nintendo to push it back to January/February on a 'technicality'.

All this pessimism can bum out a guy, you know?

Can't I just have my Christmas release please?

Was that due to a delay? Because if not, then surely that's bald-faced lies on their part?

Then again, I do interpret March as Spring. Seasons can be confusing when it comes to release dates.

Yeah, the latter. Technically 2013's winter 'goes into' 2014. Fruity interpretation.

I'd be really surprised if it didn't hit this year. From the very beginning they've said it would be a 2014 release and Xenoblade came out in Japan all the way back in 2010, giving X a 3-4 year dev cycle if it were to come out this year. That's MORE than long enough!

But...if Smash Wii U is coming out at the end of the year, would they release this at the same time?

But...if Smash Wii U is coming out at the end of the year, would they release this at the same time?

This is Nintendo. Yes. Yes they would. :heh:

Winter 2014 can still be in 2015...

It's a global warming thing. That's putting all the 'winters' back to March.

Edited by tapedeck
Automerged Doublepost

This is Nintendo. Yes. Yes they would. :heh:

Ok, good point. So basically what you mean is...Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2 and X all confirmed for December Winter, probably launching on the same day too! #scoop