NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

Better bloody come in the post today...or Royal Mail and ShopTo have to answer to me

I'm sure they're quaking in their stylish yet affordable boots ;)

I'm sure you'll be fine!

I've forgotten now seeing as it was ten years ago I played this. But what stops you from just swimming the ocean? I know there was something. Is there a time limit on how long you can swim? Or was that in Skyward Sword?

Collector s guide arrived. Posty somehow got it through the letterbox!

I've forgotten now seeing as it was ten years ago I played this. But what stops you from just swimming the ocean? I know there was something. Is there a time limit on how long you can swim? Or was that in Skyward Sword?

You run out of oxygen. There's a little sphere that pops up in the top (right or left) corner when you're swimming.

Collector s guide arrived. Posty somehow got it through the letterbox!

Mine got shipped yesterday but I'm not expecting it till Monday. Wonder if my game will show up today?

Wonder if my game will show up today?

Should do, hopefully. There's always the eShop if it doesn't. ;)

WiiU_screenshot_GamePad_01436.jpg

WiiU_screenshot_TV_01436.jpg

Weird, I took more photos but they aren't in my Dropbox. Not sure if they saved with the same file name and got overwritten..?

Better bloody come in the post today...or Royal Mail and ShopTo have to answer to me

Hope so, unless Royal Mail are choosing not to deliver due to privatization.

I dunno man, @Linkstagram kinda done it better...https://twitter.com/Linkstagram/status/382017087406759936/photo/1

Not you too! https://twitter.com/Linkstagram/status/381545764347858944/photo/1

Hehe, very nice indeed.

My game turned up earlier this morning. Just doing my system update (not been on Wii U in a while, lol) and then I'm gonna get my WW on!!

Key ring looks nice, if a little crappy materials. If the key ring was the reason the game was delayed being sent out by ShopTo then I wish they hadn't bothered with it as pre-order bonus haha.

Anyway, I've just settled myself in amongst a mass of cushions / pillows on my bed, drink on one side, phone on silent, laptop close by (for the inevitable 'I'm stuck' moment :laughing: ) and told the mother not to disturb for a while, unless it's to bring snacks / other food goodness. :D

My body is ready.

I forgot I selected Hero mode and wondered why no hearts were appearing. :woops:

Seems hero mode is a lot harder this time round, at least Skyward Sword had seats to recover your health. In WWHD seems you need to make sure to carry plenty of potions/fairies around with you at all times which isn't possible early on.

Just made it to Dragon Roost Island. Was mostly doing the sidequesty stuff on Windfall today.

Ah that was it! I was only just thinking "how come I didn't have this much trouble with Skyward Sword on Hero Mode?"

You'd think with adding the Hero Mode to this they could have added some seats to recover on too, especially early on when you only have 3 hearts :heh:

Ah well, still staying on Hero mode anyway :D

I dunno man, @Linkstagram kinda done it better...https://twitter.com/Linkstagram/status/382017087406759936/photo/1

How did he make the eyes look in different directions like that?

Ah at least mine is in Colour, making me more awesome :D

Anyway just had a quick bash to collect some rupees to bid on the Swift Sail. Gathered up 370, went to the auction house and they put a bloody Joy Pendent up for auction....for a moment I had this fear you only get one chance to get the Swift Sail and I lost it when I quit out due to lack of money :mad:

Quit the joy pendant, left went back in and a Treasure Chart was up for auction. Was then I realised it was all random. Took a few cycles but finally got the Swift Sail to reappear. Won it with a bid of 300 stunning the crowd for the final 5 seconds :D (Prolly could have got it for less if I played more tactically with trying multiple crowd stuns through the bidding but frak it just waited for the 5 second warning and stuck up 300 :D

Now I can play the game with one of the two reasons that put me off replaying the game on the GameCube FIXED (no matter how much I enjoyed the "non-sailing" parts, the sailing speed killed teh game for me on replays)

Wohoo, faster speed and no need to play the Song of Winds to change direction of wind, it changes with you to always be blowing forwards for you :D

LOVE IT.

Gotta get ready for a party now though so will set sail on the Great Sea again tomorrow probably but so happy to have the Swift Sail now, haha

EDIT

Oh yeah been trying different control methods.

Tried the GamePad, love being able to switch inventory on the fly with the touch screen :D

Pro Controller feels great and can still have GamePad next to me on a table for the map and inventory touch controls still work.

And played "Off-Screen" for a bit last night and really enjoyed playing a console zelda in bed haha.

I think for the early part of the game I will prolly stick with the Pro Controller but when I have more items and need to be switching inventory more regularly I'll move to the GamePad to have the touch control on my lap for extra speed :D

Also I turned off the "HUD" though that only removes the "X,Y,R" display at the top right, wish it removed the Hearts and Ruppee count too so I could have just the games beauty on my TV

Edited by Mokong
Automerged Doublepost

Mine arrived and the keyring is so not worth the delay.

Ah well, to the Great Sea!

Really enjoying this. I'm going to upgrade the picto-box before heading to the Forest Haven.

zlCfzRJTljwsSwmVKD

zlCfzRJWm3UIzzm2Ud

BVwm9CICcAAj5BS.jpg:large

BVzg10wCIAAQ9As.jpg:large

What i like as a new addition, you can put multiple pictures into the Nintendo Gallery at once.

Shopto have really screwed me over. No Wind Waker for me this weekend.

Maybe you should have changed your name to "Hero-of-Wind" and the game would have come then? :heh:

So sucks you don't have it yet... you shoudl demand compensation from ShopTo!

Maybe you should have changed your name to "Hero-of-Wind" and the game would have come then? :heh:

Nah, i'm not really fussed. I have played it before and it has allowed me to finish Ninja Gaiden 3. If it had been a new Zelda then it would be a different story.

Already had to use a guide. FML.

The part on Windfall Island.

When you reach the island and need to get the sail. Obvs can't do it til you free Tingle in jail. So there's me, wandering about the town for half an hour trying to find this fuckin jail - only to learn there's a door randomly behind the tomb stone man, who i'd spoke to about 4 times. It's things like this that annoy me. When you cant get to the next bit until you've completed the task at hand - but it's not very clear how you do it. I'm talking to people who are saying of night time auctions and boats that come at night to sell stuff (so do I buy it from there - do I need some magic rhythm dance to change it to night as per the tomb stone man?!) WHAT THE FUCK!! But no, turns out you just walk through that door that in my opinion is a little hidden away. Not a good start lol.

ShopTo provide you with a £3 credit if you don't receive it on release.

Actually I just double checked this. It is now £5, however it looks like you need proof of when you received it, i.e. to have chosen tracking option.

I'd put the blame more with Royal Wanker Mail anyway though. I know Shopto sent later than usual for this, but still.

I might pick this up at the end of the month, do you reckon GAME will still have the Ganondorf statues by then?

Already had to use a guide. FML.

The part on Windfall Island.

When you reach the island and need to get the sail. Obvs can't do it til you free Tingle in jail. So there's me, wandering about the town for half an hour trying to find this fuckin jail - only to learn there's a door randomly behind the tomb stone man, who i'd spoke to about 4 times. It's things like this that annoy me. When you cant get to the next bit until you've completed the task at hand - but it's not very clear how you do it. I'm talking to people who are saying of night time auctions and boats that come at night to sell stuff (so do I buy it from there - do I need some magic rhythm dance to change it to night as per the tomb stone man?!) WHAT THE FUCK!! But no, turns out you just walk through that door that in my opinion is a little hidden away. Not a good start lol.

See, I think the reason for this is that you might be approaching the game in te wrong way. Yeah, the king of red lions tells you to find a sail, but all I wanna do is explore this small town which is just full of things to do, I spent an hour in the town, playing hide and seek with the bees, laughing my head off at the squid bombing game and breaking expensive jars in some guys house. I literally stumbled upon the jail cell eventually whilst exploring.

The game doesn't have an 'objective waypoint' feature, so in my opinion don't play te game like it has one, there's so much to do to even get hung up on finding the next step in the main story.

See, I think the reason for this is that you might be approaching the game in te wrong way. Yeah, the king of red lions tells you to find a sail, but all I wanna do is explore this small town which is just full of things to do, I spent an hour in the town, playing hide and seek with the bees, laughing my head off at the squid bombing game and breaking expensive jars in some guys house. I literally stumbled upon the jail cell eventually whilst exploring.

The game doesn't have an 'objective waypoint' feature, so in my opinion don't play te game like it has one, there's so much to do to even get hung up on finding the next step in the main story.

Yeah I've never thought about it like that so I guess you could be right.

But for me, the game shines when you actually are following the objective.

For instance, after my rant above I continued with the game and got to the first dungeon and have literally just had to turn my Wii U off and take a break due to my game pad running out of batteries. I was having a BLAST with it!! Grappling up to the first boss door, solving the little puzzles like how to stop the flames from burning around the chest, using the pots of water on the lava to create a path for Link... very good. I loved it.

When I'm in the thick of the action I find myself really immersed in the game. The music, atmosphere etc are spot on and really do a great job of sucking me in. I actually feel like I'm playing with a real purpose - and not many games give me that feeling.

The bits between the dungeon / main objective always feel like somewhat of a come down. And i think this is where I have issues with the Zelda series as it seems to be those bits from each game that always annoy me. I think there was a similar thing in OoT very early on with a chicken you had to fly around on. HATED it. Took me forever to get through that phase.

But I definitely see your point. That little part aside I am very much enjoying the game! The art style of this is just so lovely. :love:

Wind Waker is definitely best when you go off the beaten path. It's really about exploring and taking in all that the world has to offer, moreso than just linearily following along with the story.

Man gyro controls are so good. Using the sticks is just too slow.

Seems you can get multiple figures in one day now which will save a lot of time.

I started playing this today and I can't get over how cute Link is. All those crazy facial expressions :P I was crawling along to catch this pig and Link had the biggest frown.

As far as the HD is concerned, it's hit and miss for me. Some parts look amazing and then other parts (like the forest at the top of Outset Island) look hella ugly.

Just thought I'd pop in to express my absolute FUCKING HATRED of this.

250px-Peahat_Figurine_TWW.png

That'll be all.

I went into town today and I thought I'd browse the shops to see how much this was and £45 everywhere. Jesus.

I really want to play this but I'm going to wait until I see it for £30.