NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

Tbh - I can't remember what stumped me. For any of the games. But it's the fact that not one Zelda game goes by where I'm not actually stumped - and that kinda bugs me a little bit. I know the games are built around puzzles (to an extent), but too often am I having to resort to using a guide. It might just be me - but I know others I've spoke to who have said the same, but it's not deterred them in the same way it has me. Maybe my patience levels are a little shorter than most haha.

As for the DS games - I can't ever really remember being stumped. But they weren't as big (obviously) as the home console games and therefore didn't have as many open areas. It was a pretty set path. That's the kind of game I like though - I like the ones where you can't be too far removed from the task in hand, or the end goal. As I'm sure you can imagine - open world games are my least favourite kind!

I always find something satisfying about Zelda games though, when I actually did break a puzzle without cheating. :laughing:

That sexy little chime that confirms you've just done something right - I love it. I just too often have to look elsewhere to find out how to do it - so the effect isn't quite as rewarding! Lazy Aneres! I need to tell myself that cheaters never prosper when playing WW. :D

Tell you one thing that did stump me; in WW HD when holding items there are separate buttons for dropping and throwing items (as opposed to it being based on whether or not you're moving). I was really confused/annoyed as I thought Nintendo was trying to test my bowling skills for much longer than I'd like to admit.

So the lesson here kids is look at the buttons :p

As for the DS games - I can't ever really remember being stumped. But they weren't as big (obviously) as the home console games and therefore didn't have as many open areas. It was a pretty set path. That's the kind of game I like though - I like the ones where you can't be too far removed from the task in hand, or the end goal. As I'm sure you can imagine - open world games are my least favourite kind!

Oh boy... Wind Waker's puzzles are simple, but it's way more open-world than the more recent ones. I've heard complaints of people not understanding which island they should visit next because they were beelining for the next goal, instead of stopping and reading the hints dropped by the game (hints you should look for yourself, mind you).

Furthermore, there's an open-ended segment at the end that's more rewarding if you've been exploring on your own, and it annoyed the players that, once again, just wanted to reach the end of the game.

Just saying, from what you're telling us, I fear Wind Waker might not be for you :hmm: Sounds like the 2D Zeldas would be more your cup of tea.

Oh boy... Wind Waker's puzzles are simple, but it's way more open-world than the more recent ones. I've heard complaints of people not understanding which island they should visit next because they were beelining for the next goal, instead of stopping and reading the hints dropped by the game (hints you should look for yourself, mind you).

Furthermore, there's an open-ended segment at the end that's more rewarding if you've been exploring on your own, and it annoyed the players that, once again, just wanted to reach the end of the game.

Just saying, from what you're telling us, I fear Wind Waker might not be for you Sounds like the 2D Zeldas would be more your cup of tea.

tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b.png

He didn't get stumped in the DS games because they were designed so an 8 year old could complete them, seriously the most dumbed down Zeldas on the market.

My first Zelda experience was Twilight Princess. Got about 20 hours in, got stuck, didn't go back and finish it.

I then played the 2 DS games, absolutely loved both of them and completed them.

Theeeeen I played Skyward Sword - played for 10 hours, got very very tired of the motion controls and gave it up. Also prepared myself for that game by buying the official guide - only to hate having to glance through and try and find which bit I was upto when I needed it.

I then played OoT on 3ds - played for 15 hours, got stuck and bored of it and left it.

So as you can see... lol. I'm not great with Zelda.

You sicken me. :nono:;)

Edited by Ronnie

Aneres, if it makes you feel aby better; we sound the same on Zelda. I got bored of OOT and liked the DS ones more than other ones, but Wind Waler os my favourote by far.

10 hours time, i'll be sailing the high seas and venturing back into the Great Sea.

I seen the advert for this last night during the Swansea Europa League match. Soon my pretty, soon....

The game looks so good. And that was on the Gamepad. Although it's just great being back in Outset Island/The Great Sea.

He didn't get stumped in the DS games because they were designed so an 8 year old could complete them, seriously the most dumbed down Zeldas on the market.

Well, I enjoyed both of them and maybe it was becuase they were easy to play. But I wouldn't say they were dumbed down. Rather scaled down to better fit the DS.

I personally thought they utilised the DS hardware perfectly with the touch screen controls, the blowing into the mic etc. Very well made games.

why has my damn copy from GAME not turned up yet? curse all you lucky SOB's who have yours

Frakk it!

Post has been and gone, no copy of Wind Waker! :mad: It was posted yesterday morning by ShopTo, has anyone else had theirs from the site and did you opt for signed for delivery of it? I suppose because mine is signed it could arrive by van later but we already had a signed for in today's normal post which is why I thought 'oh sweet, that'll be Wind Waker!' but it was not to be. :(

If it doesn't turn up before I leave for work, if it's on the shelf today - Tesco so they might have been bothered to get it in because its Zelda - then I will buy another copy there - 20% staff discount still available today - and then resell my copy from ShopTo if/when it arrives... it better not have gone missing, that's why I opted for signed for in the first place because of what happened to Game & Wario.

*sigh* :hmm:

Oh well, it's not as if I didn't have review to be getting on with.

@S\.C\.G

I wish I could be sympathetic but unfortunately as you have been playing Sonic for the past week...:)

Seriously though it will probably just come in a van later on.

Frakk it!

Post has been and gone, no copy of Wind Waker! :mad: It was posted yesterday morning by ShopTo, has anyone else had theirs from the site and did you opt for signed for delivery of it? I suppose because mine is signed it could arrive by van later but we already had a signed for in today's normal post which is why I thought 'oh sweet, that'll be Wind Waker!' but it was not to be. :(

If it doesn't turn up before I leave for work, if it's on the shelf today - Tesco so they might have been bothered to get it in because its Zelda - then I will buy another copy there - 20% staff discount still available today - and then resell my copy from ShopTo if/when it arrives... it better not have gone missing, that's why I opted for signed for in the first place because of what happened to Game & Wario.

*sigh* :hmm:

Oh well, it's not as if I didn't have review to be getting on with.

You will get a fiver back if it doesn't show up today.

Mine got shipped yesterday at 12 in the afternoon but I won't know if its arrived till I get back from work at 5 tonight.

@S\.C\.G

I wish I could be sympathetic but unfortunately as you have been playing Sonic for the past week...:)

Seriously though it will probably just come in a van later on.

Yeah, it's karma isn't it? :/

Oh btw, I just thought of an idea... I can't make any promises but when you were due to get Wind Waker where did you pre-order it from? I was going to suggest that 'if' my copy doesn't turn up before I leave for work and 'if' my work has Zelda in stock - in which case I'll be buying another copy today - and then again 'if' my copy from ShopTo turns up late today/tomorrow would you like me to post my extra copy on to you for what I paid for it plus whatever postage is?

It would probably work out a few pounds cheaper, plus you'd then get to play it earlier than your pay-day - which is the 11th didn't you say? - and you could just pay me back when you get paid as I trust you. :)

Just saying, the offer is there... and it would save me from putting it up on eBay and probably getting the same amount for it by the time eBay take their 10% so yeah anyway, let me know if you're interested. : peace:

My copy from Game just arrived, love the little statue, shame I'm gonna have to eBay it to afford food in the next couple of months!

Sorry Gibbs :heh:

Some pics if you're interested to see.

Cqha1BA.jpg

DQP7ZOB.jpg

sgixX3s.jpg

I guess the box was top big for a regular post man , did it come by courier ?

My copy from Game just arrived, love the little statue, shame I'm gonna have to eBay it to afford food in the next couple of months!

Would you mind letting me know please if you do decide to sell it? As I would consider buying just the statue/dome/outer cardboard box off you - minus the game obviously - if the price is right, if you decide to keep it though, enjoy it as I think the statue looks fantastic. : peace:

Yeah, it's karma isn't it? :/

Oh btw, I just thought of an idea... I can't make any promises but when you were due to get Wind Waker where did you pre-order it from? I was going to suggest that 'if' my copy doesn't turn up before I leave for work and 'if' my work has Zelda in stock - in which case I'll be buying another copy today - and then again 'if' my copy from ShopTo turns up late today/tomorrow would you like me to post my extra copy on to you for what I paid for it plus whatever postage is?

It would probably work out a few pounds cheaper, plus you'd then get to play it earlier than your pay-day - which is the 11th didn't you say? - and you could just pay me back when you get paid as I trust you. :)

Just saying, the offer is there... and it would save me from putting it up on eBay and probably getting the same amount for it by the time eBay take their 10% so yeah anyway, let me know if you're interested. : peace:

Yeah that would be great if you dont mind! Keep me posted! Cheers pal!

I guess the box was top big for a regular post man , did it come by courier ?

Yeah it did.

Post has been and gone, no copy of Wind Waker! :mad: It was posted yesterday morning by ShopTo, has anyone else had theirs from the site and did you opt for signed for delivery of it?

I did with Skyward Sword, it didn't show up until like 6PM Friday. Probably much just depends where you are on the delivery schedule and I was last. Getting it signed was pretty useless as there's no tracking.

Probably arrive later but your just getting the same so not sure why it requires a second delivery. Unless the keyring is huge. :p

As a side note, Amazon shipped my CE guide.